Permalänk
Medlem

I think my H100 broke.

Hello,

I'm pretty convinced that my H100 just broke. I was opening up my case so that I could change the speed setting on the pump and after that it didn't work anymore. Next time I fired up the computer I got the CPU_FAN ERROR and the fans on the radiator just stopped. I tested to see if my CPU-fan header was working properly by putting one of the H100 fans directly on the 4 pin and it worked fine. The pump still made some noise because when the molex was disconnected it didn't make any sounds. Regardless, when both my fans were connected to the fancontroller on the pump and the cable from the pump to the CPU-fan header was connected the fans didn't move at all. The pump also didn't light up when I fired up my system.

Any ideas on what could be the problem or is it dead?

Permalänk
Corsair

It does sound like a dead unit. One thing I'd ask that you check. Make sure the Molex 2pin power connectors are properly seated. They do tend to get loose from time to time causing the unit not to get powered. Otherwise, your unit is under warranty and can be replaced via RMA process.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

It does sound like a dead unit. One thing I'd ask that you check. Make sure the Molex 2pin power connectors are properly seated. They do tend to get loose from time to time causing the unit not to get powered. Otherwise, your unit is under warranty and can be replaced via RMA process.

I uploaded a video for you to take a look at.

What's your thoughts?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the pins appear to be level thus not pushed in.

Permalänk
Corsair

I hear the pump running, but fan not running. Looks like it's not getting power. That suggests a faulty fan controller that is built in to the pump housing. Get it replaced. Submit a ticket at Corsair.force.com and we can take it from there. We'll get it sorted out for you.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

I hear the pump running, but fan not running. Looks like it's not getting power. That suggests a faulty fan controller that is built in to the pump housing. Get it replaced. Submit a ticket at Corsair.force.com and we can take it from there. We'll get it sorted out for you.

So I created a ticket over on the URL you gave me and recieved a ticketnumber (6442044). What do I do now?

Permalänk
Corsair

Alright, thanks. I've got that RMA approved and prioritized. Just simply follow the instruction that was sent to you and you are all set. If you have questions about it, please let me know.

Permalänk

Perfect support! Good to see!

Visa signatur

Dator1: AMD 8320 8-core @ 4.2GHZ, 8Gb RAM, ASUS GTX 660, ssd 120gb, ANTEC kühler 620

Dator2: AMD 965 4-core @3.4GHZ, 4GB RAM, Gigabyte gtx 460.

Dator3: MacBook Air 13" 120gb (Från Skolan) :P

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Alright, thanks. I've got that RMA approved and prioritized. Just simply follow the instruction that was sent to you and you are all set. If you have questions about it, please let me know.

Thanks. I will try to chase down a printer and get right on it.

EDIT: Package is left at my local postoffice. Should arrive next week. That 35€ shipping though.

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Shiftypants:

Thanks. I will try to chase down a printer and get right on it.

EDIT: Package is left at my local postoffice. Should arrive next week. That 35€ shipping though.

Thanks for the update. We'll keep you up to speed as the process go along

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Thanks for the update. We'll keep you up to speed as the process go along

According to www.posten.se (Swedish postal services) the package have been delivered to the recipient. It arrived friday.

Permalänk
Corsair

Thanks for the update Shifty and sorry for the late reply... looks like it has already been received. Replacement is schedule to ship out on the 4th... oh and btw, they are sending out the H100i as a replacement, just a heads up.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Thanks for the update Shifty and sorry for the late reply... looks like it has already been received. Replacement is schedule to ship out on the 4th... oh and btw, they are sending out the H100i as a replacement, just a heads up.

That's awesome! Thanks a ton!

Permalänk
Corsair

No problem.. just glad I could help

Permalänk

well then.

A guess I have the exact same problem, but I don't think my pump is running,
When booting the computer i get the cpu fan error and then the temp rises until the computer shuts down. The unit is 3 years old.

Permalänk
Inaktivt företagskonto
Skrivet av Grimreaper:

A guess I have the exact same problem, but I don't think my pump is running,
When booting the computer i get the cpu fan error and then the temp rises until the computer shuts down. The unit is 3 years old.

Om du känner på pumpen medans datorn är igång, känner du att de vibrerar då eller är de helt stilla?

Permalänk

Den är död, inga vibrationer alls, för att göra det hela mer spännande så ändras inte fläktprofilen heller när man trycker på knappen.

Mvh

Permalänk
Inaktivt företagskonto
Skrivet av Grimreaper:

Den är död, inga vibrationer alls, för att göra det hela mer spännande så ändras inte fläktprofilen heller när man trycker på knappen.

Mvh

Då låter de som att den är deffekt, jag skulle rekommendera dig att höra av dig till butiken du köpte den ifrån för att få skicka in den.