Older Antec TruePower 430W, leaking capacitors

Permalänk
Medlem

Older Antec TruePower 430W, leaking capacitors

Just want to ask about this Antec TruePower 430Watt power supply I bought 5 years back.

The thing is I noticed and spotted there were some leaky capacitors whit it at about 2.5year mark. I think it had 3 year warranty. Though sadly I miscalculated my warranty time and thought it had already expired so I went and opened it at that point to see if I could spot some more trouble and check if it was really safe to use.

There were only 2 small leakages and I continued to use it, it seemed to work and gave no ill symptoms. But I went and bought a new PSU soon enough. I then realized after rechecking I had warranty but as I had opened it at that point it was voided.

Well anyway it's been laying around and been shortly used as a short term replacement PSU or for my own trouble shooting I might have had whit computers.

Though the question I want answered is it really safe to keep using it, even though it's short term and infrequently?

I remember reading way back then that there were pretty much problems whit these PSU's back then. Much thanks to the leaky capacitors.
The most severe problem I remember reading back then was exploding PSU's...

Are the risks low or high when the PSU's have shown these leaky capacitors? Will it be going away in a flashy(not wanted) manner or just not work one day and that will be it then?

Permalänk

Sorry to hear you have a problem with your power supply. In your case I would say buy a new power supply. Leaking capacitors is not good. We have now a much better and improved power supply called TP New series.

Visa signatur
Permalänk

Dear Nighthog,

please contact our support team on the website. We will figure out a way to change your PSU.

Christoph