Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair CX750M

Hello. I bought this power supply last month, and I've been having some problems lately with it.
Whenever I try to start my computer, an irritating noise starts, it's okey, I can live with that. But the really bad thing that happens is that it shuts off the power in my gaming room, livingroom and kitchen. Do you have any clue on what could have happen?

/Henrik.

Visa signatur

i7 3770k | ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 | Corsair H80i | EVGA GTX 780 SC/ACX x2 SLI. | Corsair Vengeance 32GB (1866MHz) | Cooler Master Stryker | Ducky Shine2 MX Red Green LED | Steelseries Sensei FNATIC Edition | Razer Goliathus XXL Control Edition. | Crucial M500 960GB!

Permalänk
Festpilot 2020, Antiallo
Skrivet av Liurias:

Hello. I bought this power supply last month, and I've been having some problems lately with it.
Whenever I try to start my computer, an irritating noise starts, it's okey, I can live with that. But the really bad thing that happens is that it shuts off the power in my gaming room, livingroom and kitchen. Do you have any clue on what could have happen?

/Henrik.

Some Fuse or earth fault breaker/residual current device is triggered. Stop trying using that PSU and return to store ASAP. Unless you wanna brake more stuff.

Could be the houses circuits which are built up in a weird way.

Visa signatur

| PM:a Moderatorerna | Kontaktformuläret | Geeks Discord |
Testpilot, Skribent, Moderator & Geeks Gaming Huvudadmin

Permalänk
Medlem

Let's see if I understood that.
When you turn your computer on the power goes out?
Have you tried the computer in another room? Maybe it's not the power supply that is broken, but the electric wiring in your residence that is failing.
I have no idea what could be wrong with the power supply if the solution above doesn't work so I'll leave that for Blackbeard to figure out.

Visa signatur

Spela Swemantle! Du vet att du vill.

Ibland har jag fel, men då är det någon annans fel.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av DavidtheDoom:

Some Fuse or earth fault breaker/residual current device is triggered. Stop trying using that PSU and return to store ASAP. Unless you wanna brake more stuff.

Could be the houses circuits which are built up in a weird way.

Well, it works with other power supplys, but not this one.

Skrivet av LemonIllusion:

Let's see if I understood that.
When you turn your computer on the power goes out?
Have you tried the computer in another room? Maybe it's not the power supply that is broken, but the electric wiring in your residence that is failing.
I have no idea what could be wrong with the power supply if the solution above doesn't work so I'll leave that for Blackbeard to figure out.

It takes a minute until the power goes out, sometimes it can take a few seconds.
Yes, I tried it in another room and at my neighbours place, same thing there.

As I wrote to DavidtheDoom, my computer works absolutely fine with my old power supply.

/Henrik.

Visa signatur

i7 3770k | ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 | Corsair H80i | EVGA GTX 780 SC/ACX x2 SLI. | Corsair Vengeance 32GB (1866MHz) | Cooler Master Stryker | Ducky Shine2 MX Red Green LED | Steelseries Sensei FNATIC Edition | Razer Goliathus XXL Control Edition. | Crucial M500 960GB!

Permalänk
Festpilot 2020, Antiallo
Skrivet av Liurias:

Well, it works with other power supplys, but not this one.

It takes a minute until the power goes out, sometimes it can take a few seconds.
Yes, I tried it in another room and at my neighbours place, same thing there.

As I wrote to DavidtheDoom, my computer works absolutely fine with my old power supply.

/Henrik.

Yea it's that specific PSU. Don't be retared and use it. You are in danger of hurting yourself and/or wrecking large amount of damage to your Computer and house.

Most likely it's a condenser being defective. RETURN ASAP. DON'T TRY TO START YOUR PC WITH IT.

Don't even have the power plug in the wall socket. Remove immediately

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av DavidtheDoom:

Yea it's that specific PSU. Don't be retared and use it. You are in danger of hurting yourself and/or wrecking large amount of damage to your Computer and house.

Most likely it's a condenser being defective. RETURN ASAP. DON'T TRY TO START YOUR PC WITH IT.

Don't even have the power plug in the wall socket. Remove immediately

I don't have it plugged in to my computer, or to the wall socket. I'm currently using my old power supply, which works.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Festpilot 2020, Antiallo
Skrivet av Liurias:

I don't have it plugged in to my computer, or to the wall socket. I'm currently using my old power supply, which works.

Good.

Seemed like you had repeatedly tried to use the PSU and currently did still to and from. (Don't ask why but there are actually that kind of kids around on these forums).
Better safe than sorry and make my point vehemently

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av DavidtheDoom:

Good.

Seemed like you had repeatedly tried to use the PSU and currently did still to and from. (Don't ask why but there are actually that kind of kids around on these forums).
Better safe than sorry and make my point vehemently

Ah, no I tried it like three times, and then I just removed it from the case and switched to my old, non-modular power supply.

True that!

Visa signatur