Linksys WRT1900AC inte redo för OpenWRT

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av sCaz:

Du kanske har haft en jäkla otur då jag har andra erfarenheter.

Ställd på max output så fungerar min rt-n66u sjukligt bra. Jag bor på våning 3, funkar bra att surfa via på entreplan i ett betongkomplex där man inte hör mellan lägenheterna så länge inte slagborren tas fram. Jag blir ansluten på telefonen 60-80 meter från min port utanför huset när jag kommer från garaget.

Använder en likadan i en förening tillsammans med en n56u också, rt66'an har stått på i 2 år med 1 omstart när vi gjorde om lite i nätverket.

Kort och gott, med råge längsta range jag och mina vänner sett på någon "hemmarouter" och fullt flås trots 15+ andra SSD'id i närheten, jag skulle vilja påstå att jag är svinnöjd med mina ASUS routrar.

SmallNetBuilder sa så här när det testades mot Netgear och Linksys dyr-routrar:
Once again, the 66U wins all four tests and is significantly better running uplink in both 20 and 40 MHz bandwidth modes.

Dark Knight clearly outperformed in most of our two and three-stream tests. And it's the only router in recent memory able to reach to our worst-case/lowest-signal test location on the 5 GHz band, albeit with barely-usable throughput. Still, this is an accomplishment in itself.

Enda routern som även fick länk i vad dom i sitt lab kallar "the dead zone".

rt-n66u kör dock på 5GHz bandet vilken kan förklara varför den fungerar så bra även fast du har många grannar, då 2,4 GHz & 5GHz Inte ska störa varandra. Om jag inte är ute och cyklar då, givetvis fordras ju att dina enheter också kan köra 5GHz.

Visa signatur

You have earned my respect and my friendship.

Permalänk

Svar från Linksys

Var vänlig se nedan svar från Linksys ang. denna artikel:

"Linksys has built the WRT1900AC with every intention of providing open source capabilities and making it the best solution available to the community. Linksys has provided OpenWrt with an initial code release that enables open source firmware development. OpenWrt has requested some patches to provide more open source functionality at the Wi-Fi driver level that requires cooperation from Marvell. Marvell is working on the usable driver and getting the required approvals through GPL. We are expecting this to be finalized and ready in the coming weeks. As soon as this is complete; the driver will be released to OpenWrt. We will continue to collaborate with OpenWrt to ensure they have the necessary software as requested. In the meantime, we are also working on an SDK based on the Linux 3.2 Attitude Adjustment software and plan to have this posted on GitHub.com within the week for users to run OpenWRt firmware on their WRT1900AC router. Our aim is to provide a robust and high performing hardware and software platform for open source community developers to customize their WRT1900AC the way that they see fit. We will continue to work with the open source community and our chipset partners to ensure the developers have the necessary tools to do so."

Med vänlig hälsning
Mikael Palmhag
Nordenchef Belkin/Linksys
E-mail: mikael.palmhag@belkin.com

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av thorsama:

rt-n66u kör dock på 5GHz bandet vilken kan förklara varför den fungerar så bra även fast du har många grannar, då 2,4 GHz & 5GHz Inte ska störa varandra. Om jag inte är ute och cyklar då, givetvis fordras ju att dina enheter också kan köra 5GHz.

Jag blev tvungen och kolla och kör faktiskt med mobilen ansluten på 2.4ghz. Annars brukar jag som du säger rekommendera bekanta att köra 5ghz om det är många ssid'n även om 5ghz generellt har lite sämre räckvidd vad jag fått lära mig. Jag ska prova köra på 5ghz via mobilen och se vad som händer vid avstånd!

Visa signatur

sCaz har lirat online sedan direktmodemanslutning var hett.
OSW Sim Racing Rig | HTC Vive | 27" Acer 165 Hz IPS G-sync
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 7 | 6700K | 16GB DDR4 | 3x Samsung SSD's
ASUS 1080 Ti ROG STRIX OC | EVGA G2 850W | NH-D15 Triple | Steelseries H

Permalänk
Avstängd

Jag hoppas på att få routern idag, enligt fedex så skall den komma idag Ledig ifrån jobbet idag så det skulle vara perfekt om den gjorde det.

*Fick den idag har bara hunnit testa den lite, men måste säga att den verkar riktigt bra. Till skillnad ifrån den smått värdelösa Asus ac68u som jag har haft ett par månader så fungerar nätverket hemma nu. Testade att dra lite filer mellan datorerna och: "[i] Överförde 1 fil(er) - Totalt: 1,5 G byte(n) med 14,25 (109 159,40 KBps)". Med Asus routern så låg jag på stadiga 33.000kb/s.

Visa signatur

Datorn | ASUS X99 RAMPAGE V EXTREME | 6950X | Evga Titan X Pascal SLi | Corsair 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz CL15 Dominator Platinum | 3st Asus PG348Q G-Sync | EVGA SuperNOVA 1600w G2 PSU | Obsidian 900D |

Permalänk
Medlem

[QUOTE=Mikael Palmhag;14557147]

Var vänlig se nedan svar från Linksys ang. denna artikel:

"Linksys has built the WRT1900AC with every intention of providing open source capabilities and making it the best solution available to the community. Linksys has provided OpenWrt with an initial code release that enables open source firmware development. OpenWrt has requested some patches to provide more open source functionality at the Wi-Fi driver level that requires cooperation from Marvell. Marvell is working on the usable driver and getting the required approvals through GPL. We are expecting this to be finalized and ready in the coming weeks. As soon as this is complete; the driver will be released to OpenWrt. We will continue to collaborate with OpenWrt to ensure they have the necessary software as requested. In the meantime, we are also working on an SDK based on the Linux 3.2 Attitude Adjustment software and plan to have this posted on GitHub.com within the week for users to run OpenWRt firmware on their WRT1900AC router. Our aim is to provide a robust and high performing hardware and software platform for open source community developers to customize their WRT1900AC the way that they see fit. We will continue to work with the open source community and our chipset partners to ensure the developers have the necessary tools to do so."

Med vänlig hälsning
Mikael Palmhag
Nordenchef Belkin/Linksys
E-mail: mikael.palmhag@belkin.com

Dold text

[/QUOTE]

Fortfarande problem ser det ut som för OpenWRT utvecklarna.

Skrivet av nbd:

Quite frankly, this is completely ridiculous. Belkin has already released the source code of this driver in a GPL tarball. Interestingly enough, the driver there has GPL license headers apparently added by Marvell.
Having seen the driver, I can say that even with full source code available it would be hard to get it accepted into OpenWrt for a number of reasons:

• Crappy non-standard ioctl interface instead of standard Linux wireless APIs.

• No support for upstream hostapd, requires an old version hacked up with a bunch of crappy patches.

• Bad code quality.

Of course not even having full source code means this thing is even less useful than it would have been with complete source code access.
It seems to me that the only sane way to get it working is to add support for the chipset to mwl8k or mwifiex-pcie, but who's going to do the work on that? Probably not Belkin...
From people with contacts at Marvell I heard that this situation is unlikely to change in the future. It seems to me that Belkin got scammed by Marvell and is now trying to push the costs of that onto their users.
I would recommend that anybody who bought this device believing Belkin's promises of OpenWrt support should either ask for a refund or sell it to somebody who doesn't care about OpenWrt support.

Källa:https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?pid=242276#p242276

Mer info: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTc1Mzk

Visa signatur

Arch - Makepkg, not war -||- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master -||- GSkill 64GiB DDR4 14-14-15-35-1T 3600Mhz -||- AMD 5900x-||- Gigabyte RX6900XT -||- 2x Adata XPG sx8200 Pro 1TB -||- EVGA G2 750W -||- Corsair 570x -||- O2+ODAC-||- Sennheiser HD-650 -|| Boycott EA,2K,Activision,Ubisoft,WB,EGS
Arch Linux, one hell of a distribution.