Officiella Total War: Rome II -tråden

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem
Skrivet av Tumnus:

"skjutvapen" introducerades inte förrän i slutet av medeltiden i Europa och inte förrän Europeiska handelsmän fick ett fäste i Japan.. Alltså tidigt 1800-tal. Alltså skulle den tidsepok jag nämnde ovan.. innebära blankvapen mot blankvapen.

Byt ut 1800-tal mot mitten av 1500-talet. De först vapnen med krut introducerades i Japan under 1200-talet via kinesiska influenser, men såg ingen större framgång förrän efter de första Europeiska handelsfartygen började anlända.

Förresten, varför diskuterar ni krutvapen i den här tråden för?

Visa signatur

|| SWECLOCKERS.COM ||
|| Självutnämnd Silverstone FT02-riddare ||
|| Silverstone FT02B-WRI "Limited Edition" No. 0743 & 0640 ||
|| Sweclockers officiella FT02-tråd ||

Permalänk
Administrativ avgift

Kommer älska spelet svärd och sandaler ska det vara !

Visa signatur

Loque Raw s1| 7950x3D | B650-i | 2x16GB DDR5 CL30@6000 | 2TB m.2 | 4090 TUF | Samsung G9 49 | Vive Focus 3

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Überklass:

Byt ut 1800-tal mot mitten av 1500-talet. De först vapnen med krut introducerades i Japan under 1200-talet via kinesiska influenser, men såg ingen större framgång förrän efter de första Europeiska handelsfartygen började anlända.

Förresten, varför diskuterar ni krutvapen i den här tråden för?

Ok. Ska omformulera mig. Fanns i den viss mån att det gjorde en skillnad på slagfältet.

Visa signatur

||NZXT H440 Black/Red||Intel i5 2500k @ 4,2GHz ||Noctua NH-D14 ||GA-Z77X-UD3H ||8 gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz DDR3 ||MSI GeForce GTX 970 ||OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD ||Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ||Corsair HX750W||
Software is like sex, it's better when it's free. - Linus Torvalds

Permalänk

Så otroligt efterlängtat spel! Blev helt till mig när de berättade att man ska kunna attackera en stad med en flotta och sedan när striden utkämpas så är det både "naval and siege" action i samma strid! Alltså man har både sjöslaget och belägringen samtidigt! Sjukt nice!

Visa signatur

Kvistfritt kvastskaft

Permalänk
Medlem

Ingen ny faktion denna vecka? Missat om de haft någon annan info.

Edit: Såg att de inte hade något just nu.
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/63663-Its-Friday!-W...

Permalänk
Medlem

En del information finns i en tysk speltidning, Gamestar. Här är lite punkter på tyska, översatt till engelska.
http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=de&tl=en&js=n&prev=_...

Här är originaltråden på TW-forumet:
http://forums.totalwar.com/showthread.php/63717-lots-of-infor...

Lite delar översatta av folk

Citat:

eres some pickings from this article that are most intersting.-So it seems we will be able to tell our allies where and when to attack! Finally useful allies!.
-faction has 3 different agent types. (barbarians apparently have spies, champions and flag-bearers)
-Religion will play a part but you do not have to always convert people. (Jesus will apparently be in game but he probably wont be of key importance)
-If i got it right it seems that you can only recruit troops in regions where you have a general present and generals will be very important for armies.
-Armies can cross waters themselves. Apparently armies will build themselves ships for one turn and they will then be able to continue on water. Interestingly you will apparently not be able to capture enemy ships anymore.
-The longer your army stays in one spot the more points it will gather which can then be used to set up defences on the field and probably in sieges too.
-Apparently there will be control points in land battles in the zones where you deploy your armies and you can win battles by capturing these.

Citat:

- The barbarian tribes can unite with other tribes to form a 'nation' (i.e. Suebi will become Germans, Arverni will become Gauls and so on). There are three ways to achieve this: through diplomacy, war or earning respect by defeating other factions. (AI will try to reach this goal as well)

- The campaign will approximately cover 300 years and is supposed to end in the early timeframe of the Roman Empire.

- You can choose people from the Senate to become a general to weaken the influence of their respective families in the Senate, but they might become a problem if they get too powerful.

- It's possible to transform the Roman Republic to an empire, this is done by civil war.

- There's no Senate for the other factions, but a royal council or a council of elders.

- Diplomacy similiar to Shogun 2, e.g. you won't need diplomats but can discuss with every faction you met.

- Different technology trees for different cultures (e.g. barbarian, roman-greco, eastern ?).

- Different agents for different cultures (i.e. for barbarians spy, champions and dignitaries).

- Jesus Christ will be an historical event but doesn't have much influence.

- Armies can gain "traditions", meaning if they often siege cities, they will get better in this. Every army now needs a general.

- Three stances for armies: aggressive, defensive and ambush. Aggressive armies have a larger move radius, defensive armies may built forts and can block enemy moves in a larger radius and ambushing armies gain advantages against passing enemies (e.g. placing spikes etc.)

- You don't have to kill everyone in battles anymore, but you're able to defeat the enemy by holding victory points (in cities) or their base camp (in field battles).

- Armies can cross water by themselves, they pause a turn to build ships and can then move on.

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

Och även en del ny information från Jack Lust:

"Hi all,
Bit longer between updates in this thread at the moment as you are getting a regular does of Rally Point episodes and faction reveals.

Today I will answer some questions that have come up as a result of the faction reveals along with some new screenshots showing some of the variety in shield patterns there will be in the game.

Q. Why are the Iceni a playable faction?

A. The playable factions in Rome II will largely mirror those available in the original game. The Iceni have an interesting start position and their mix of chariots and celtic ways of fighting make them fun and different on the battlefield. They are a nice faction, and varied from other factions such as the Arverni and Suebi.

Nationalism played no part in our decision, they are in because they are interesting and fun.

Q. We don’t know that the Iceni or Suebi were around at the start of the game so why are they on the map?

A. We don’t know for certain about who lived in huge parts of the area covered by the campaign map simply because records of who was where do not exist until the Romans or some of the Greek nations encountered them.

What we do know is that there were people in those areas, with material links to later tribes we do know about. We can’t say for certain that they were one and the same and there is definitely evidence in some places they weren’t. But using the earliest known names we have for tribes in areas such as Britain or Germany to us is much better than just having a great big question mark over those parts of the map.

Q. The cheekplates on a lot of helmets don’t fit very closely with the faces, why is that?

A. The helmets have to fit on a large variety of faces and making them fit closely to one of them would make them clip through the model of another. "

Även ett par nya screenshots på sköldar burna av keltiska och germanska folkslag.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?548136-Exclusiv...

Visa signatur

|| SWECLOCKERS.COM ||

Permalänk
Medlem

Snygga sköldar! Gillar att det blir mer och mer variation på soldaterna, som det står i slutet av det inlägget.

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem
Skrivet av Buio:

En del information finns i en tysk speltidning, Gamestar. Här är lite punkter på tyska, översatt till engelska.

-Religion will play a part but you do not have to always convert people. (Jesus will apparently be in game but he probably wont be of key importance)

Den här gången skall jag se till att den romerska legionären Longinus verkligen dubbelkollar att Jesus av Nazareth är död hängandes på korset efter att legionären kört in spjutet i sidan på upprorsmakaren

Visa signatur

|| SWECLOCKERS.COM ||

Permalänk
Medlem

Hitta en bild på illustrationer som ser ut som druider (de små) och ledare (de stora) för de barbariska faktionerna.
http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/204/capturalk3rome2.jpg

Permalänk
Permalänk
Skrivet av Tumnus:

Ok. Ska omformulera mig. Fanns i den viss mån att det gjorde en skillnad på slagfältet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nagashino
Nu är kanske Wikipedia inte bästa källan men här gjorde skjutvapen definitivt en skillnad på slagfältet.

Permalänk
Medlem

Trevlig trailer.

LIte kort info på deras wiki
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War:_Rome_II_-_Teutoburg_For...

Permalänk
Medlem

Gillar den starkt, undra vad vi kommer få se i andra kommande trailers när vi börjar närma oss release :), "bara" ett halvår (?) kvar till release :).

Permalänk
Skrivet av Bostongurka:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Nagashino
Nu är kanske Wikipedia inte bästa källan men här gjorde skjutvapen definitivt en skillnad på slagfältet.

Skrivet av Buio:
Skrivet av Simcon:

Gillar den starkt, undra vad vi kommer få se i andra kommande trailers när vi börjar närma oss release :), "bara" ett halvår (?) kvar till release :).

Bra trailer! Ser riktigt bra ut. Bara jag som lade märke till den nya logotypen för Creative Assembly?

Visa signatur

Bärbar Speldator: AMD Ryzen 5 5600H I Nvidia RTX 3050 Ti
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro I Nvidia Shield TV V2 I PS4 I

Permalänk
Skrivet av Simcon:

Otroligt mäktig trailer (som de å andra sidan alltid lyckas med).
Någon som kan länka en sida där jag kan läsa mer officiellt om spelet?
Jag är även intresserad på vilka faktioner man kan spela som i kampanjen.

Visa signatur

Kvistfritt kvastskaft

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem
Skrivet av fricke313:

Otroligt mäktig trailer (som de å andra sidan alltid lyckas med).
Någon som kan länka en sida där jag kan läsa mer officiellt om spelet?
Jag är även intresserad på vilka faktioner man kan spela som i kampanjen.

Du borde läsa igenom den här tråden lite bättre Finns en officiell wiki som uppdateras så fort informationen släpps.

Visa signatur

|| SWECLOCKERS.COM ||

Permalänk
Avstängd

Ett screenshot.

Visa signatur

||NZXT H440 Black/Red||Intel i5 2500k @ 4,2GHz ||Noctua NH-D14 ||GA-Z77X-UD3H ||8 gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz DDR3 ||MSI GeForce GTX 970 ||OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD ||Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB ||Corsair HX750W||

Permalänk
Avstängd

Grafiken var ju inte så speciell i trailern eller bilderna som finns. Såg rätt B ut, men kanske pga alpha?

Visa signatur

| i5 2500K@4.2GHz | 8GB Gskill 1600MHz | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H B3 | GTX 680 2GB w/ Twin Turbo II |
Corsair TX650W | BENQ GW2750HM | 5TB | 60GB Nova 2 SSD | Samsung 830 128GB OS SSD
Ze Best Moosic You'll Ever Hear

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Dwightschrute:

Grafiken var ju inte så speciell i trailern eller bilderna som finns. Såg rätt B ut, men kanske pga alpha?

OnT: Spelet är ju inte helt designat för att ses på allt för nära håll. När de gör grafiken så skulle jag gissa mer på att de satsar på att få det snyggt i utzommat läge än väldigt nära(som jag har för mig att det var i trailern).

offt
Visa signatur

Speldator: i5 4670k stock | 8GB ram | Asus Z87-plus | Xonar Essence STX | SSD: Intel g2 , Samsung 830 256gb | R9 290 Tri-x | Define R4| Win 8 | Noctua nh-u12p | Qpad Mk-50
marinlik.wordpress.com/ Min blogg för nedbrytning av spel och diverse andra artiklar om NFL
500px.com/niclasbrundell

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Dwightschrute:

För att besvara din fråga, just nu är Rome 2 i alpha så deras filmer/bilder är inte ens 30% av hur slutresultatet kommer se ut. När dom fixar ihop ett screenshot/film så brukar utvecklarna använda enhancement så det ser självklart ser bättre ut. Dom använder oftast förra motorn till alphan för att få ihop ett gameplay och till sist så implementeras den slutgiltiga grafiken.

offt
Permalänk
Medlem

Tänkte rekommendera denna länken: http://forums.totalwar.com/forumdisplay.php/134-Total-War-Rom...

Kanske har den varit med tidigare men tåls att nämnas igen!

Visa signatur

| CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K | Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65 ATX | Ram: Corsair 16GB (4x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE | GFX: Gigabyte HD7970 OC 3GB | SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB | HDD: Diverse Mekaniska 4TB | Chassi: Corsair 800D | PSU: Corsair AX 850W 80+ Gold Modulär | CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 |
Citera mig så hittar jag tillbaka hit :)

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

*Tråd rensad*
På lite offt. Anmäl gärna inlägg som bryter mot reglerna.

Visa signatur

Nya Projektet!
Kontakta moderatorkåren via Kontaktformuläret om ni vill något.

Permalänk
Medlem

Som lite väntat blev nästa faction "Parthia"
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Factions

Då borde nog nästa bli Egypten tror jag!

Visa signatur

| CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K | Mobo: MSI Z77A-GD65 ATX | Ram: Corsair 16GB (4x4096MB) CL9 1600Mhz VENGEANCE | GFX: Gigabyte HD7970 OC 3GB | SSD: Corsair Force 3 120GB | HDD: Diverse Mekaniska 4TB | Chassi: Corsair 800D | PSU: Corsair AX 850W 80+ Gold Modulär | CPU Cooler: Corsair H50 |

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av ErDraug:

Då borde nog nästa bli Egypten tror jag!

Precis. Då blev det klart vilka de "första" åtta blev.

Ser nu i fram mot att de kommer med mer campaing information.

Visa signatur

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 | Intel i7 870 | Gigabyte GTX 760 | DDR3 8GB A-Data |

Permalänk
Medlem

Tänkte bara klistra in lite om spelet som är bekräftat.

Ser fram emot några utav dessa!

Campaign:
-->* Campaign turns will be 1 year each
-->* Rome 2 will start around 275BC to 264BC and will be roughly 250-300 turns in length
Regions are now grouped into provinces. Each has a single administration center, into which the surrounding regions report. The goal is to reduce some of the area micromanagement that occurs in vast empires.
Another goal from this new system is to avoid the relentless siege battles of Shogun 2. It’s believed that players will attempt to take the smaller regions first, and tempt the opposing armies out of their castles to fight on the field.
Armies are ‘raised’ on the field, and recruitment occurs at the general of that army. They’re not grown as single units in towns. Again, the idea is to reduce some of the micromanagement (‘Caesar doesn’t give a hoot about an individual’ says Al) but also to create a stronger personality to your armies.
In diplomacy, you can now ask an ally to attack a specific town, at a specific time. (for better synchronization)
Armies have their own skill trees, with improvements earned through battle.
Armies have at least three possible stances that you can place them in during a turn. I’m not certain the mechanics of how they will play out in the campaign are quite fixed, but it was hinted that switching stances would take a turn. They are... normal, ambush (hidden from the enemy’s sight), forced march (quicker to move, but if caught on the hop, they’ll suffer diminished combat effectiveness), defensive (given a fort or palisade to defend from)
Mercenaries will make a return
When moving armies over water, you no longer need to load them into a separate navy. They will automatically enter transport ships. You will still require a navy to protect them.
The factions in the game are more clearly defined with starting bonuses and traits. There are ‘flavors’ of faction which should help organize your thoughts. For instance, Barbarians like the Gauls will have similar traits. In the barbarian’s case, that includes a +2 happiness in every settlement for every faction they’re fighting with.
Naval battles are now fought over naval ‘regions’, rather than having a completely fluid ocean. “This was decided because having a completely organic map wouldn’t be something that would work that well,” says lead Battle Designer Jamie Ferguson, “you needed to be able to actually think that “this is the area I’m trying to defend”. It’s using things we have already got in the game but at the same time bringing back things from the past.
Each nation will have their own UI decorators.
Dynamic reputation factors for diplomacy ...your deeds throughout the entire campaign are remembered: brutality towards one enemy will be factored in by the others you might face...
Around 700 different unit types
Diplomacy, to trade systems, how regions work to armies and families the Rome II campaign will play differently to any previous Total War game adding more gameplay and depth without increasing unnecessary micromanagement.
All voice overs in Rome II will be in English (or other localized language such as French etc.)
The playable factions in Rome II will largely mirror those available in the original game.
Slavery will have an effect on economies and civil order
Battle Engine is now responsible for handling of the campaign map.
Historical figures such as Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Marius, Sulla or Scipio Africanus will show up in game as "characters".
Characters that might pose diplomacy challenges for the player to overcome in between battles. Example: “a troublesome senator back at Rome” that may have an effect on your plans in a positive or negative way, on a local or global scale. You can ignore them as they carry on being a nuisance, or you can bribe them... or attempt to kill them... but there will be consequences for succeeding or failing at any of these actions.
-->* Characters will gain experience faster than previous games since they will have a shorter time on the campaign map.
-->* Every general is affiliated with a ‘party’ within their faction, such as one of the major Roman or Carthaginian dynasties or the royal household of an Eastern kingdom and their court rivals: as these characters act around the campaign map or retire to the homeland to scheme, they contribute to their party’s overall influence within the faction, with repercussions that will carry on from one generation to the next.
-->* Military traditions established by armies and fleets over the years also persist beyond the lifespan of any one character or unit, a legacy handed down the generations by those who fought and died for the good of their people. This process will be slower than that of characters gaining ranks, but can span the entire length of a campaign: even if a military force is disbanded or destroyed utterly, it may be re-established once more, the past effects of its history and traditions intact.
-->* Forces effectively move in a state of battle-readiness but may be ordered into a ‘forced march’ (armies)or a ‘double-time’ (fleets) stance. Their movement extents are vastly increased, allowing them to assemble from afar in preparation for invasion or to support threatened possessions, albeit at the expense of their offensive and defensive capabilities: long-distance headshotting will not be a valid tactic.

Battles:
During battles, units will have true line of sight, the distance of which they can detect changes according to their role. Armies can therefore be hidden behind trees or in valleys, and will require the use of scouts to be spotted.
Armies that catch another in ambush will be able to place deployables like burning boulders, and place their forces all over the map. The army caught in the ambush won’t be placed at the other end of the battle map - they’ll arrive in a marching formation.
When Al charged a group of archers that were raining fire arrows on his infantry, a new dynamic appeared: the horse didn’t stop once they’d broken the line - they wheeled around as a unit and reformed for a second charge.
More importance to the depth, mass and formation of units so you will see a heavy unit pushing a lighter one back in combat for example.
Formations throw spears on the run
Order troops from the overhead tactical map
Baggage Trains
Multiple capture points on the battle map
Persistent terrain for battle maps
Ambushes
Manual firing of artillery (siege weapons)
Individual solider height will vary
Unit names will be their original names, but in English. I.e. Oathsworn, Naked Warriors, Painted Ones, Heroic Nobles, Sword Brothers, Thorax Swordsmen, etc.
The tactical map gives you a much more detailed view of the battle from above. We are currently only considering allowing movement orders to be given to units in this view. Orders related to Facings, unit depth and width, and special abilities will all take place in the normal game view. The tactical map can be accessed via a button on the HUD or via a hotkey. The transition to and from this view is swift and seamless.

-->* Uppdaterad information

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av igge23:

Wall of text

Hoppas nu man kan ligga i ett bakhåll utan att "AI" ska veta exakt vad du sitter och kryper och sänder in två skvadroner ryttare för att förgöra ditt bakhåll. TROTS att man gömmer sig i ett skogsparti.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av igge23:

Tänkte bara klistra in lite om spelet som är bekräftat.

Ser fram emot några utav dessa!

Campaign:
Rome 2 will start around 275BC to 264BC*
Regions are now grouped into provinces. Each has a single administration center, into which the surrounding regions report. The goal is to reduce some of the area micromanagement that occurs in vast empires.
Another goal from this new system is to avoid the relentless siege battles of Shogun 2. It’s believed that players will attempt to take the smaller regions first, and tempt the opposing armies out of their castles to fight on the field.
Armies are ‘raised’ on the field, and recruitment occurs at the general of that army. They’re not grown as single units in towns. Again, the idea is to reduce some of the micromanagement (‘Caesar doesn’t give a hoot about an individual’ says Al) but also to create a stronger personality to your armies.
In diplomacy, you can now ask an ally to attack a specific town, at a specific time. (for better synchronization)
Armies have their own skill trees, with improvements earned through battle.
Armies have at least three possible stances that you can place them in during a turn. I’m not certain the mechanics of how they will play out in the campaign are quite fixed, but it was hinted that switching stances would take a turn. They are... normal, ambush (hidden from the enemy’s sight), forced march (quicker to move, but if caught on the hop, they’ll suffer diminished combat effectiveness), defensive (given a fort or palisade to defend from)
Mercenaries will make a return
When moving armies over water, you no longer need to load them into a separate navy. They will automatically enter transport ships. You will still require a navy to protect them.
The factions in the game are more clearly defined with starting bonuses and traits. There are ‘flavors’ of faction which should help organize your thoughts. For instance, Barbarians like the Gauls will have similar traits. In the barbarian’s case, that includes a +2 happiness in every settlement for every faction they’re fighting with.
Naval battles are now fought over naval ‘regions’, rather than having a completely fluid ocean. “This was decided because having a completely organic map wouldn’t be something that would work that well,” says lead Battle Designer Jamie Ferguson, “you needed to be able to actually think that “this is the area I’m trying to defend”. It’s using things we have already got in the game but at the same time bringing back things from the past.
Each nation will have their own UI decorators.
Dynamic reputation factors for diplomacy ...your deeds throughout the entire campaign are remembered: brutality towards one enemy will be factored in by the others you might face...
Around 700 different unit types
Diplomacy, to trade systems, how regions work to armies and families the Rome II campaign will play differently to any previous Total War game adding more gameplay and depth without increasing unnecessary micromanagement.
All voice overs in Rome II will be in English (or other localized language such as French etc.)
The playable factions in Rome II will largely mirror those available in the original game.
Slavery will have an effect on economies and civil order
Battle Engine is now responsible for handling of the campaign map.
Historical figures such as Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, Marius, Sulla or Scipio Africanus will show up in game as "characters".

Battles:
During battles, units will have true line of sight, the distance of which they can detect changes according to their role. Armies can therefore be hidden behind trees or in valleys, and will require the use of scouts to be spotted.
Armies that catch another in ambush will be able to place deployables like burning boulders, and place their forces all over the map. The army caught in the ambush won’t be placed at the other end of the battle map - they’ll arrive in a marching formation.
When Al charged a group of archers that were raining fire arrows on his infantry, a new dynamic appeared: the horse didn’t stop once they’d broken the line - they wheeled around as a unit and reformed for a second charge.
More importance to the depth, mass and formation of units so you will see a heavy unit pushing a lighter one back in combat for example.
Formations throw spears on the run
Order troops from the overhead tactical map
Baggage Trains
Multiple capture points on the battle map
Persistent terrain for battle maps
Ambushes
Manual firing of artillery (siege weapons)
Individual solider height will vary
Unit names will be their original names, but in English. I.e. Oathsworn, Naked Warriors, Painted Ones, Heroic Nobles, Sword Brothers, Thorax Swordsmen, etc.
The tactical map gives you a much more detailed view of the battle from above. We are currently only considering allowing movement orders to be given to units in this view. Orders related to Facings, unit depth and width, and special abilities will all take place in the normal game view. The tactical map can be accessed via a button on the HUD or via a hotkey. The transition to and from this view is swift and seamless.

Dold text

Verkar lovande, dock är frågan hur väl det kommer bli implementerat

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Tumnus:

Hoppas nu man kan ligga i ett bakhåll utan att "AI" ska veta exakt vad du sitter och kryper och sänder in två skvadroner ryttare för att förgöra ditt bakhåll. TROTS att man gömmer sig i ett skogsparti.

Som jag har förstått det så kommer det vara True line of sight och att det systemet ska även vara för AI. Så dem ska inte veta vart du är om du inte blivit spottad. Kan även vara åt det andra hållet så kan inte säga något exakt.

Permalänk
Medlem

ser fram emot dessa ändringar otroligt mycket känns mer autentiskt och roligare att spela för mig personligen! mums!

Visa signatur