Permalänk
Avstängd

Gtx 980 sli trouble...

Hello Luke, maybe you can help me with some trouble I have getting proper performance out of my two brand new 980's in sli?

I have tried them one by one without the other card installed in the chassi and they work fine that way. But as soon as I put them together I get less performance. If I disable sli I get a little more performance than with sli enabled but not as much as if I take out one card completly.

How can this be?

I use the latest drivers on the cards.

Best Regards, Mike.

Visa signatur

Cooler Master Cosmos II - Intel i7 5960X - Cooler Master Nepton 240M - Msi X99 Gaming 9 AC - 2 st Msi Geforce GTX 980 Gaming SLi - BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144hz Freesync - Steelseries Sensie Raw Rubberized - Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Red - Cooler Master CM Storm Swift-RX Extra Large

Permalänk
Medlem

Doing what ? playing WoW ?

Visa signatur

Lian Li PC-V2120B | ASUS X79-Deluxe | Intel 4930K + EK 360 | Corsair 4x8GB 1866MHz VENGEANCE LP | EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI | Corsair AX1200i | Intel 530 240GB + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + några TB blandad mekanik | Dell U2711 | Synology DS 411j

Permalänk

I have the same problem. When playing Starcraft 2 and Counter-strike Global Offense I don't get the fps performance I expect from GTX 980 SLI. In fact when I disable SLI, Iget better performance with a single card.

What is the problem here?

I am running a MSI GTX 980 and a Asus strix GTX 980.

Permalänk

Not all games work well with SLI or crossfire, it's up to the developers to utilise both or more cards.
In which game are you not getting a performance boost?

Permalänk
Skrivet av Commandosoldier:

I have the same problem. When playing Starcraft 2 and Counter-strike Global Offense I don't get the fps performance I expect from GTX 980 SLI. In fact when I disable SLI, Iget better performance with a single card.

Starcraft 2 and CS:GO don't scale with SLI but then again they don't need to if you've got a gtx 980.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Commandosoldier:

Same here, I get even more performance if i take out the card from the chassi completly, thats super wierd to me, do they comunicate even when sli is turned off?

Skrivet av Grillan79:

Not all games work well with SLI or crossfire, it's up to the developers to utilise both or more cards.
In which game are you not getting a performance boost?

I play Call of Duty, and I know it doesnt scale well, but I can't turn off the sli and get singel card performance. I still get bad perfomrnace wwith sli turned off just by having them two in my case. I have crossfire pefore and those cards rasied the performance in black ops 2 i remember, hut not these, they make it worse. I gain about 100-200 fps by turning sli of.

Visa signatur

Cooler Master Cosmos II - Intel i7 5960X - Cooler Master Nepton 240M - Msi X99 Gaming 9 AC - 2 st Msi Geforce GTX 980 Gaming SLi - BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144hz Freesync - Steelseries Sensie Raw Rubberized - Cooler Master CM Storm QuickFire TK MX Red - Cooler Master CM Storm Swift-RX Extra Large

Permalänk
Avstängd

Tested Crysis 3 now, and I gain a little bit of performance, but with sli I get only 81 fps max, and only one spike, then maby two or three spikes Close to 80... average still is 60 something, without sli it was 50 average. That can't be right! Right? I have very high on everything and no aa, no motion blur, 1x ambient comclusion or what it's name...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Cooler Master:

Tested Crysis 3 now, and I gain a little bit of performance, but with sli I get only 81 fps max, and only one spike, then maby two or three spikes Close to 80... average still is 60 something, without sli it was 50 average. That can't be right! Right? I have very high on everything and no aa, no motion blur, 1x ambient comclusion or what it's name...

Crysis 3 should scale well, what CPU are you using? Other system specs?

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GTX-980-3-...

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Grillan79:

Crysis 3 should scale well, what CPU are you using? Other system specs?

http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/NVIDIA-GTX-980-3-...

It saled a little higher but fromn single to sli maybe not like in that test... I have X99 board Gaming 9 from Msi, 5930K Intel currently at 4,6ghz, 16gb 2666mhz cl15, but I run it at 2133mhz. 1500w Corsair supply, I had it for my 4 way crossfire setup before...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Cooler Master:

It saled a little higher but fromn single to sli maybe not like in that test... I have X99 board Gaming 9 from Msi, 5930K Intel currently at 4,6ghz, 16gb 2666mhz cl15, but I run it at 2133mhz. 1500w Corsair supply, I had it for my 4 way crossfire setup before...

Try Valley benchmark what score do you get?
Valley scales well and with 2 cards.

http://www.eteknix.com/testing-nvidias-geforce-gtx-980-4gb-gr...
https://unigine.com/products/valley/download/