Premiär! Fyndchans i SweClockers Månadens Drop

Will we see low end Maxwells, like GTX950 / 950ti (based on 2nd Gen Maxwell)

Permalänk

Will we see low end Maxwells, like GTX950 / 950ti (based on 2nd Gen Maxwell)

Hi Luke and welcome to SweC!

Is there any chance we will see 2nd gen Maxwell in low end/mainstream graphics cards? (Perhaps a GTX 950 / 930?)
...Reason for asking is to quench the hunger of all people with small mITX systems that want a more complete DX12 and better acceleration for HEVC & other video codecs.

Since there are 2 kind of trends to go both to more performance, and the other trend to go lighter and smaller i wonder if you maybe have plans to use your laptop-GPU's to accelerate Desktops with limited headroom as well. I've already seen that in systems like Alienware Alpha.
Why not offer it to other mITX and thinITX owners too?
Maxwells power efficiency deserves to be utilised for the most power restricted systems as well

PS. GTX750 /750Ti are first gen maxwell.

Visa signatur

Dator: EEE901 N270/ 1GB / 20GB SSD ... Kraftigt nedbantat/tweakat Win7 x86 for speeeEED!
Facebook användare? Hatar tidslinjen? gå med i denna FB-grupp:
Undo Timeline ...med lite tur får h*lvetet ett slut!

Permalänk
Medlem

The mobile GPU's below GTX965 is Maxwell gen 1 or older.

I am 100% sure that sometime they will use Maxwell gen 2 for cheap cards. Probably when 700-series is sold out.

Visa signatur

Thermaltake W100 | 7800X3D | Asrock X670E Steel Legend | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo 6000 CL30 | RTX 4090FE

Permalänk
Skrivet av lastninja:

Hi Luke and welcome to SweC!

Is there any chance we will see 2nd gen Maxwell in low end/mainstream graphics cards? (Perhaps a GTX 950 / 930?)
...Reason for asking is to quench the hunger of all people with small mITX systems that want a more complete DX12 and better acceleration for HEVC & other video codecs.

Since there are 2 kind of trends to go both to more performance, and the other trend to go lighter and smaller i wonder if you maybe have plans to use your laptop-GPU's to accelerate Desktops with limited headroom as well. I've already seen that in systems like Alienware Alpha.
Why not offer it to other mITX and thinITX owners too?
Maxwells power efficiency deserves to be utilised for the most power restricted systems as well

PS. GTX750 /750Ti are first gen maxwell.

Thanks Lastninja. Interesting question, but I cannot comment on any future product launches, sorry!

Permalänk
Skrivet av Nvidia_Luke:

Thanks Lastninja. Interesting question, but I cannot comment on any future product launches, sorry!

Thanks for answering! It's really great of you to show your presence here even when it have potential to cause overwhelming feedback to you. Thanks for that as well!
If it ever get to that point that our feedback gets overwhelming, atleast you will have gotten a good insight on what desires/wishes that are lurking within your customers, which i really appreciate that you care about!

FYI, The Maxwell graphics card that is still considered missing is in this formfactor:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J06F4HE/
Yes - We need a Maxwell that is "Single Slot" AND "Low Profile" at the same time (that cooling solution is small enough for "Single Slot")

Everything else you got covered, but this appliance which the power efficient Maxwell architecture would really be able to be at its best in power restricted smaller desktops, is not covered yet. Maxwell would double the power of todays SFF/thin-ITX systems (and this is where i need my power)!
Also people with older systems and Atom plattforms could be interrested in this. Thanks again that you're here and trying to help and get a picture of our desires!

PS. If you ever make these cards i would actually prefer if you use your M-series graphicschips. Because these are your chips that deliver the most graphics power at a very power restricted level that would match the: "Low Profile/Single Slot/No extra power" requirement of many small systems. Yeah, they are intended for notebooks but are perfect for this scenario as well. And i would also understand if these cards get an extra price premium since power efficency is always expensive.

Also please make polls here, if you ever wonder what we Swedes would like/dislike about certain features.

Visa signatur

Dator: EEE901 N270/ 1GB / 20GB SSD ... Kraftigt nedbantat/tweakat Win7 x86 for speeeEED!
Facebook användare? Hatar tidslinjen? gå med i denna FB-grupp:
Undo Timeline ...med lite tur får h*lvetet ett slut!