70-90 degrees at idle with Corsair h80i

Permalänk

70-90 degrees at idle with Corsair h80i

Hello I recived a corsair H80i for christmas yesterday. But after installing it i get between 70-90 Degrees C at idle. Do you think I have done something wrong or should I rma it?

Visa signatur

Chass l Fractal design R4 l Gpu Msi Gtx 670 Power edition + Evga Gtx 670 l Nätaggregat Corsair HX 750w l Processor Intel core I7 3770k@5Ghz at 1.3V l Ram Corsair 16Gb l Ssd Intel 120gb l Moderkort Msi Z77 Gd 65 l Windows 7 l http://valid.x86.fr/qj1bmw

Permalänk
Medlem

Då jag inte vet om du är svensk eller engelsk så svarar jag på engelska.

Hard to know without more information, does the fans spin and does the pump work? Is the montage of the backplate and the "cpu-part" correctly placed?

Visa signatur

Intel i9 10900K | H150i PRO XT | Asus Rog Strix Z490-E Gaming | Asus Strix 3090 OC | G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4x8GB 3600MHZ CL17 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB | Asus Rog Swift PG278QE | EVGA Supernova T2 1600W

Permalänk
Medlem

Did you apply the Thermal Paste correctly?

Visa signatur

Aspirerande Nätverk- och Sysadmin
Ryzen 5 1600|Hd 7950|16 GB RAM|
"Går det att installera Linux på den här brödrosten?"

Permalänk
Medlem

säger samma sak som killen innan, vet inte ifall du bara pratrar engelska så jag skriver på engelska

have you placed the thermal compound correctly and have you mounted the cpu-block to the cpu correctly? which socket is your motherboard made for?

Visa signatur

grafikkort:GTX 580 twin frozr 2 OC prolle:i5 760 mobo:GA-P55-USB3 RAM:12gb Corsair XMS3 SSD:Corsair Force-3 proccessor kylare:hyper TX3 EVO låda:cooler master HAF 912 nätagg: corsair nitro 80+ 'broze 650w

Permalänk

Corsairs support del är väll på engelska? I have mounted the cpu correctly and the thermal paste is pre applied. I am using socket 1155,all the fans are spinning and the pump is has a rpm of 2800 checked with corsair link. The tubing is a little warm close to the Cpu block.
/Robin:)

Visa signatur

Chass l Fractal design R4 l Gpu Msi Gtx 670 Power edition + Evga Gtx 670 l Nätaggregat Corsair HX 750w l Processor Intel core I7 3770k@5Ghz at 1.3V l Ram Corsair 16Gb l Ssd Intel 120gb l Moderkort Msi Z77 Gd 65 l Windows 7 l http://valid.x86.fr/qj1bmw

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Bra Hemsida:

Corsairs support del är väll på engelska? I have mounted the cpu correctly and the thermal paste is pre applied. I am using socket 1155,all the fans are spinning and the pump is has a rpm of 2800 checked with corsair link. The tubing is a little warm close to the Cpu block.

mindfuck, kan du svenska eller inte?

Visa signatur

grafikkort:GTX 580 twin frozr 2 OC prolle:i5 760 mobo:GA-P55-USB3 RAM:12gb Corsair XMS3 SSD:Corsair Force-3 proccessor kylare:hyper TX3 EVO låda:cooler master HAF 912 nätagg: corsair nitro 80+ 'broze 650w

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Tob@X:

mindfuck, kan du svenska eller inte?

Han kan Svenska och är svensk, men skriver på engelska eftersom att Corsairs forumsupport är Engelska.

Visa signatur

CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k 4.0GHz MB: Asus Z87 Maximus VI Hero GPU: Asus GTX 680 1228MHz RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2400MHz 8GB HDD: WD Black 1TB SSD: Intel 330 240GB PSU: Seasonic G-550W Chassi: Fractal Design Define R4 OS: Windows 7 Ultimate KB: Func KB-460

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Den plåten du får sätta på baksidan av moderkortet måste sitta vriden åt ett visst håll annars ligger den snett, Har du kollat detta?

Urfräsningarna ska vara vid skruvarna så dessa inte får bracketen att ligga snett: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=1371

Permalänk
Skrivet av anon200632:

Den plåten du får sätta på baksidan av moderkortet måste sitta vriden åt ett visst håll annars ligger den snett, Har du kollat detta?

Ska den:O såg inte att den skulle sitta åt ett speciellt håll, tack får kolla sen:)

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Bra Hemsida:

Svarar på eng för jag med vill vara cool.

There's no need to keep it mounted with those temperature since it appears that it isnt the fans or the pumpspeed, so dismount it and take a look at the thermalpaste and see if it maybe messed up by itself after your mounting, it can happen.

Also take a look WHEN you dismount it that all screws are properly "screwed"(huehue) so it wasnt loose anywhere.

After dismounting I'd recommend new thermal paste and remounting it and see if that helped.. if it didnt I'd suggest returning it or buy a Evo 212 now for 99kr and just simply replace it

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR!

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Editerade mitt inlägg där uppe med en bild så du ser

Urfräsningarna ska vara vid skruvarna så dessa inte får bracketen att ligga snett: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=13...

Permalänk
Skrivet av anon200632:

Editerade mitt inlägg där uppe med en bild så du ser

Urfräsningarna ska vara vid skruvarna så dessa inte får bracketen att ligga snett: http://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=articles&action=file&id=13...

Är det ett måste att köpa ny pasta:)? När jag monterar om kylaren, tror faktiskt att jag har min backplate fel nu:(

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Det kan funka med den gamla men kanske inte blir optimalt.

Jag har också monterat denna fel en gång så det var det första jag tänkte på hehe

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Yooriitzz:

Did you apply the Thermal Paste correctly?

But its allready applyed the Thermal Paste on Corsair H80i,100i ithink I have an 100i it was allready applyed. // "min engelska är inte den bästa haha."

Permalänk

Okey thanks for all the answers:) I will re apply the cooler:)

Edit: my backplate was wrong mounted, I have to re mount it...

Visa signatur

Permalänk

I got another problem now I have re mounted the cooler. At first I had around 23-30 degrees celsius at idle, started prime and had around 60 degrees at load. Closed prime waited 2 mins and started it again and i had over 90 degrees celsius at load! and around 50 degrees at idle. It is even worse then my old stock cooler...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Bra Hemsida:

I got another problem now I have re mounted the cooler. At first I had around 23-30 degrees celsius at idle, started prime and had around 60 degrees at load. Closed prime waited 2 mins and started it again and i had over 90 degrees celsius at load! and around 50 degrees at idle. It is even worse then my old stock cooler...

Sounds like the thermal grease ain't applied properly after you remounted the cooler use a h80i myself and not even under load does it go over 40 degrees :P.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Destromath:

Sounds like the thermal grease ain't applied properly after you remounted the cooler use a h80i myself and not even under load does it go over 40 degrees :P.

The thing is that I have used Artic Mx-2 thermal compound and re mounted the cooler like 5 times still getting high temps. i had around 60 in idle the last time and 90 in load.

I am using the stock cooler right now with Artic Mx-2 and I have 70 degrees in prime after 1 hour and 35-45 at idle. .I called Inet and they told me to send the cooler in, so I am going to send it in .

Edit: I just looked at some pictures I took after I mounted the cooler and saw that the tubing was at the top, do you think it makes any difference. I couldn't also feel that the pump was vibrating.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Bra Hemsida:

The thing is that I have used Artic Mx-2 thermal compound and re mounted the cooler like 5 times still getting high temps. i had around 60 in idle the last time and 90 in load.

I am using the stock cooler right now with Artic Mx-2 and I have 70 degrees in prime after 1 hour and 35-45 at idle. .I called Inet and they told me to send the cooler in, so I am going to send it in .

Edit: I just looked at some pictures I took after I mounted the cooler and saw that the tubing was at the top, do you think it makes any difference. I couldn't also feel that the pump was vibrating.

It doesn't really make a difference having the tubes mounted on a different position. It's a closed loop system, tubes and radiator orientation has no bearing to performance of the cooler. But good thing that you have mentioned about the pump not vibrating, If I have to guess, your pump is out. You can always verify it by checking the pump's rpm either in BIOS or Corsair Link SW.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Greybeard:

It doesn't really make a difference having the tubes mounted on a different position. It's a closed loop system, tubes and radiator orientation has no bearing to performance of the cooler. But good thing that you have mentioned about the pump not vibrating, If I have to guess, your pump is out. You can always verify it by checking the pump's rpm either in BIOS or Corsair Link SW.

Thank you Greybeard for answering, the rpm on the pump was at 2100 rpm I think but i couldn't feel the pump vibrating. I bought the cooler from Inet, I called them about the problem and they told me to send the cooler in so I did. I hope they find something otherwise I have cooler that is perfoming worse than my stock cooler.

I heard that you maybe need washers for the backplate. Have anyone else with a Msi Gd65 z77 reported probelms with the cooler?

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Bra Hemsida:

Thank you Greybeard for answering, the rpm on the pump was at 2100 rpm I think but i couldn't feel the pump vibrating. I bought the cooler from Inet, I called them about the problem and they told me to send the cooler in so I did. I hope they find something otherwise I have cooler that is perfoming worse than my stock cooler.

I heard that you maybe need washers for the backplate. Have anyone else with a Msi Gd65 z77 reported probelms with the cooler?

My pump is - according to Speedfan - running at 4600-4700 rpm. Are you sure that the pump is being fed with a sufficient amount of power?

Permalänk
Skrivet av Narcissisten:

My pump is - according to Speedfan - running at 4600-4700 rpm. Are you sure that the pump is being fed with a sufficient amount of power?

Other forums say that the pump is supposed to spin at 21xx rpm, but I don't know if thats true or not. It had a sata connector cable for itself ( I took a new sata power cable just for the Pump and i tried using one thats already connected to some hdd same temps).

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Bra Hemsida:

Other forums say that the pump is supposed to spin at 21xx rpm, but I don't know if thats true or not. It had a sata connector cable for itself ( I took a new sata power cable just for the Pump and i tried using one thats already connected to some hdd same temps).

Oh never mind, I just read that the different Hydro-coolers uses different pumps and are therefore running at different RPM's, and your's seems fine.

Permalänk
Corsair

Yes, 2100 is where we would expect the pump should be running at. Every time you re seat the pump, do you know if the thermal paste is untouched? because that is one indication that the cold plate is not making a full contact with the CPU causing an extremely high CPU because of no heat dissipation at all. Now, if this is the case, then I would suggest using a couple of washers to pull the pump back against the CPU to create contact.

But the fact that the pump is not making a slight vibration is somehow another potential cause why your temp are high.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Yes, 2100 is where we would expect the pump should be running at. Every time you re seat the pump, do you know if the thermal paste is untouched? because that is one indication that the cold plate is not making a full contact with the CPU causing an extremely high CPU because of no heat dissipation at all. Now, if this is the case, then I would suggest using a couple of washers to pull the pump back against the CPU to create contact.

But the fact that the pump is not making a slight vibration is somehow another potential cause why your temp are high.

The the thermal compound was all spread on the cpu and it seemed like the block had contact with the cpu.
If Inet don't find anything will I try to use washers.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

taking it in english then, today when i got home from work i stumbled upon extreme idle temps.

been running the H80i for 5 months as of now and its been mounted the same way cooling a i5 760 at 4.0 ghz 1.3v at around 30 idle and 50-55 games 68-70 prime

now its at 70c in idle http://imgur.com/oDpB0hd i cant find whats wrong since the pump seems to be spinning and the fans are blowing in push/pull

Permalänk
Corsair

Where are you reading that 70°C? Corsair link? what about in your BIOS? Are you seeing the same temp? Link says that the pump is running within spec, but can you actually feel if the pump is running? There should be a slight vibration coming from the pump when you touch it.

I you haven't made any chances in your system, I think its best to re-seat your cooler and see if that will make a difference. Make sure to re-apply thermal past when you do so.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Where are you reading that 70°C? Corsair link? what about in your BIOS? Are you seeing the same temp? Link says that the pump is running within spec, but can you actually feel if the pump is running? There should be a slight vibration coming from the pump when you touch it.

I you haven't made any chances in your system, I think its best to re-seat your cooler and see if that will make a difference. Make sure to re-apply thermal past when you do so.

Hey Greybeard,I solved the problem back in January. I sent it to Inet and they said the pump was broken so I got a new one:)

I think the cooler is really good,it is a little loud when you boot up the computer but its scilent in Windows. I have a max temp of 50degrees celcius when I am on stock clock:))

Edit::: I didn`t see that someone re used my thread.^^

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av Bra Hemsida:

Hey Greybeard,I solved the problem back in January. I sent it to Inet and they said the pump was broken so I got a new one:)

I think the cooler is really good,it is a little loud when you boot up the computer but its scilent in Windows. I have a max temp of 50degrees celcius when I am on stock clock:))

Edit::: I didn`t see that someone re used my thread.^^

Oh nice.. very glad to see that you've got it all sorted Nice temps too!

I was kinda expecting an update from you after your last post back in January, but I guess you've got it all figured out now.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

i tried remounting it in my pc and my girlfriends pc no change, the temp redings are the same in corsair link/coretemp as in bios. the pump is vibrating slightly but it feels like its not moving water due to the extreme difference in temperature on the tubing, one is more or less room temp while the other is barely touchable. i went to the place i bought it and got my refund but in doubt to get a new corsair or just a straight up air cooler.