Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Roger W:

Nice build! Im not that fond of windows generally, but that one really added to the theme and improved the build.

Im somewhat sceptical about the the painting of the red strip though and the way it clashes with the grill. Couldnt the lower part of the grill be painted white to blend in better? ... or the strip moved so it doesnt interfere with the grill?
Also, isnt the N7 text sort of pointing the wrong way? (or is it just me? )

Great pics BTW, and really nice lightning in the case.

Hey Roger. Thank you for taking the time to give input into the project... Much appreciated!

I would have liked to have painted a white strip on the mesh, but I had run out of paint at that point. I also had my deadline to meet to have the project completed, so that detail was put into the lower priority job list, and ended up just staying as it is today. Henrik didn't seem to mind neither lol, I think he's just glad he can finally game with great graphics Hope you read this mate!

I hope that N7 logo isn't on there wrongly :S It's glued like a mofo The design was hand cut and filed, so it won't be exact to the actual design from within the game. Or I could have just put it on backwards

Thanks again for the input, and the compliment on the window, it was nice to hear. Kudos go to baguette_2 for making it happen!

Best regards,
Justin.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

I would have liked to have painted a white strip on the mesh, but I had run out of paint at that point. I also had my deadline to meet to have the project completed, so that detail was put into the lower priority job list, and ended up just staying as it is today.

Oh, I should've realised there was an explanation for this.. A bit of a pity it wasnt corrected though! (sorry for the nagging though)

Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

I hope that N7 logo isn't on there wrongly :S It's glued like a mofo The design was hand cut and filed, so it won't be exact to the actual design from within the game. Or I could have just put it on backwards

Naah, I just thought it somewhat "off" that you can't read the N7 text when youre in front of the computer..
You almost have to stand behind it for it to make sense and read it.
Nothing wrong with it really, and I can see why you did it in that direction.

Visa signatur

A modest man is usually admired, if people ever hear of him.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Roger W:

Oh, I should've realised there was an explanation for this.. A bit of a pity it wasnt corrected though! (sorry for the nagging though)

Naah, I just thought it somewhat "off" that you can't read the N7 text when youre in front of the computer..
You almost have to stand behind it for it to make sense and read it.
Nothing wrong with it really, and I can see why you did it in that direction.

Your not nagging at all. When I get some white paint when I am modding the next project, my OCD will probably make me go to Henrik's place, detach the grill and paint it. As for the N7, I would have also liked to have had one on the front of the case where the Fractal Design logo is located. A future upgrade maybe when there is enough time?

Rev 2.0

Best regards!

Permalänk
Medlem

How did you forn the plexiglass window? No dustfilter or anything, just holes for the GPU fans? Can you recommend a good site for different colours of plexi

Loved the window and the build! I'm workin' on a Node 304 myself and was thinking about gettin plexiglass window

Visa signatur

Vortex Poker 3 (ISO) MX Clears säljes. Bud på PM!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av superst4r:

How did you forn the plexiglass window? No dustfilter or anything, just holes for the GPU fans? Can you recommend a good site for different colours of plexi

Loved the window and the build! I'm workin' on a Node 304 myself and was thinking about gettin plexiglass window

Thanks Superstar!!

The window I had laser cut by an aspiring designer here on Swec. He was studying at the time and had access to a laser cutter. The acrylic glass is something that I picked up from work. It was left over from a project which was completed by an external company.

I must give you a heads up when using a window on the Node 304, it will make it difficult to remove the top cover as the acrylic will catch on the frame of the case.

Best regards,
Justin.

Permalänk
Medlem

Were is the SSD mounted ?

Visa signatur

MOBO: MSI Gaming Pro Z270 CPU:Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4,20ghz
PSU:EVGA 750G2 Chassi:Fractal Design Meshify C
SSD1:Samsung 840 250GB SSD2:Samsung 850 500GB
RAM:Corsair 32GB@3200mhzGPU: GTX1080 Founders Ed 8GB

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Scerio:

Were is the SSD mounted ?

The SSD is hidden behind the plastic panel that can be removed. Where the dust filter is located at the front.

Kind regards,
Justin.

Permalänk
Medlem

Not to be that guy, i gave it 5/5 but if i would have seen this irl i woul probably have mistaken it for a printer at first

Visa signatur

Processor: Intel core i7 5820k
Moderkort: Asus X99-S
Grafikkort: Zotac Gtx 980
Ram: Corsair 16gb Vengance

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Frexima:

Not to be that guy, i gave it 5/5 but if i would have seen this irl i woul probably have mistaken it for a printer at first

Haha! Thanks for the vote mate! The first time I had a look at the Node 304 I thought it looked very boxy as well, like a microwave regardless, I am happy that you enjoyed the project, and that you voted it 5/5

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

[center]Forbes.com Most Incredible PC's April 2014!
http://www.forbes.com/sites/antonyleather/2014/04/28/the-3-most-incredible-pcs-of-april-2014/

Hello modders!

I would like to introduce The Fractal Effect, a project which I have built for my friend Henrik. This project is based off the game Mass Effect from EA games, which is mine - and Henrik's favourite video game series. This particular project has been based off an armour set which is used by the Commander Shepard, with it's trade mark red and white stripe on the right arm, and Omni Tool on the left arm. This build has taken just two months to complete, from the planning process and rendering - to the final pictures. I have had too much fun on this project, and already look forward to my next private project. I hope you enjoy

System specs:
Fractal Design Node 304
Intel Core i7 2700k
ASUS GTX770 DirectCUII 2GB
Samsung Evo 250GB SSD
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 1866mhz
Fractal Design Newton R3 600
Corsair H80i

Performed mods:
Painted case
Custom aluminium armour panels
Custom aluminium PSU cover
Custom plexiglass "Omni Tool" window
Custom LED lighting
Shortened and sleeved PSU cables

With best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Named forbes.com 1 of 3 most incredible PC's of 2014

Facebook: www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs
Instagram: #metallicacidcustoms

The Fractal Effect

The build is very well made. I don't like that type of design, but if I did, I would love to have one just like that

I must say that I think you're a really talented modder as well as photographer.. You got an eye for details! The pictures really brings out the best of it

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com