WING X99 | CNC-fräst scratch-bygge! (Slutgiltiga bilder postade!)

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Samma update som tidigare fast i videoformat

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Brodholm:

Samma update som tidigare fast i videoformat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ya0oTudvBI

Porrfilm!

Vackert att se!

Visa signatur

MoB: ROG B450-F Gaming | CPU: R7 3800X | GPU: RTX 3070 8GB | RAM: 2x16GB 3200MHz | SSD: V300 120GB | HD: Kingston A2000 M.2 500GB | Skärm: ASUS PG279Q| T.bord: Vulcan 120 | Mus: No-Name | Högt.: Logitech 5:1 | Chassi: FD Define R3 | PSU: RM750X V2 | CPU kylare: Arctic 34 | Multifunktions Dreamhack-hylla "DH-box" | Galleri DH-Box| Projekt T.E.B | Galleri T.E.B

Permalänk
Medlem

Det är ju så sexigt.

Visa signatur

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough - AvE

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Här kommer lite mer stuff!

Two pump tops with different mounting holes.

These will become the back side of the pump tops.

Just got to clean that up a bit!

Much better!

And the back of that same piece.

Doing the pump covers from dia 70mm extruded aluminium pipes.

Modified the Shock Absorber that comes with the EK pump kit to fit my covers!

Perfect! I believe that I will have to cut out a "line" though since the diameter of mine are a bit smaller. Still a success I think

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

När man ändå är i farten!

First off, changing the threads on both radiators. These are 6-32 and I am going to use M4.

Get the right size drill!

This is a really nice function to have on your drill press. You can set a maximum depth. This is very useful while drilling radiators since you will not puncture it by drilling to far.

Tapitapptapp! Remember, not to far!

Muuuuuch better!

Quickly making a board for the button assembly and the illuminated front logo!

Manually jogged the end mill and taped the board to the aluminium sheet.

Separating one piece the circuit from the other.

Made this photo booth that I can fold down and is basically as big as the bottom piece.

I can fit my soft boxes and this also works as work light.

Gets really nice and bright when I work, and I can angle these to change the lights either for work or when taking photos.

Since this is not compatible with the EK-monoblock and I really like the cover I thought that I could do some slight modding.

Cut it here, and drained the fluid inside.

Sealing it up with some super glue.

All done, just need to rest for a while and a few dots of black marker from a pen.

Changed the RAM heat sink so I can fit the monarch ram block. This is a PITA since the original heat sinks are glued/taped to the ram. And they do not come of easy, even with a heat gun...

They sure look nice though!

Ram-block mounted!

Full cover mono-block and gpu-blocks also mounted!

Looking real nice!

Here you can see the mod that allowed the cover to stay in place!

Looks very good in my opinion.

Strix GPU-block and backplates mounted.

These sure are good looking!

Water cooled SSDs!

Wheeww, a huge relief that being done with that. Just tested the system and it posts, and detects all the RAM, GPUs etc! Puhhh!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

This is all the equipment I used for the sanding the surface of the aluminium.

I can not stress this enough, PLEASE use a mask and safety glasses when you are sanding aluminium or other materials. Aluminium dust is very bad for your lungs!!!

I am using this pneumatic tool with a scotch brite to remove the old oxidation due to the bad storage of the aluminium pieces. I then finished them with the bigger pneumatic rotary tool going from 240 grit to 400 grit sand paper before blasting.

A nicely packed box containing one Wing X99 case (not including plexi-glass). This just need to be sanded, blasted and repacked.

Using my old test piece to tweak my values on the blasting etc.

I was not super thorough since I am not using this piece.

But damn, the surface is really nice. Much better than the Model 01 build. That was blasted at to high pressure and with to coarse glass beads "GL6" (149-250µm). This time I used glass beads blasted at 2.2 bar with beads sized at "GL3" (53-105µm) instead.

Total amount of sand papers I went through for all the pieces. The issue is that the aluminium gets a bit stuck in the sand paper and it gets very smooth and you basically stop sanding after a while. Not that big of an issue though.

Had to renovate this blaster booth. As you can see it was blue before. Tore it all down, repaired the leather sleeves, changed gloves, changed the windows. Repaired holes in the the sheet metal all around, fixed the lightning, changed all the air valves, rubber gaskets, changed the "floor", installed a rubber mat, changed all the hoses and much more. Basically tore this all down and fixed it. It was several days of work and a lot of new components needed to be purchased. Then I Finally sanded it down and painted it beige/whiteish. If you look in the Model 01 build you can see me using the same booth but without the renovating. It was badly needed back then, and now I really did not have a choice.

This is the super old super heavy duty gun that earlier was used for big steel bead blasting. Those were huuuuuge, like 1mm diameter beads. Really had to make sure to remove ALL of those beads since you really do not want one of those coming through the nozzle once in a while. Well, everything looked really good when it was done and I am driving the parts to the anodizing firm instead of shipping it. I do NOT trust shipping companies to be careful enough with it. It is 40 miles away from the workshop, so it is about a 4-5 hour drive there. I will also go and pick it up directly from them to assure myself that I have done everything in my power to minimize mistakes. The Anodizing firm said it could take up to 2 weeks for the parts to get done, but since I am behind on editing hopefully it will not be that long before I get them back and can put up another update!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Medlem

Well , hello there sexy!

Visa signatur

Main : AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.55 | NZXT Kraken X73 | 32 GB DDR4 Gskill 3600mhz @ 3800 CL16 | Asus ROG STRIX B550-A GAMING | Sapphire Radeon 7900 XT nitro+ | Samsung 970 evo 1TB | Windows 10 | Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic EVO | Corsair RM 750 | AOC cu34g2x + Dell u3415w / 1st 24"
Htpc / server : Intel G3258 | Nvidia GTX 670 | 12 GB | 6TB lagring | Fractal design Node 804 | Win 10+Kodi

Permalänk
Medlem

Som en vis man en gång sade: Damnshitfuck.

Visa signatur

Any machine is a smoke machine if you use it wrong enough - AvE

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Maho:

Well , hello there sexy!

Herroooo ;D

Skrivet av Baalex:

Som en vis man en gång sade: Damnshitfuck.

Jaså var det så den vise mannen sade

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Brodholm:

Ritar allt i Inventor, och kör CAM via deras Inventor HSM. Fungerar bra, kanske inte är som mastercam etc men det blir bättre och bättre för varje uppdatering. Samt att de är direkt kopplat i inventor till modellen vilket är väldigt skönt.

Maskinen har jag byggt själv. Här kan du kolla byggloggen http://imgur.com/a/yP6Wp

Själv skulle jag varken kalla mig maskinist eller cnc operatör, är mer av en "home gamer" :D. Har du några bilder på maskinerna du använder? Tycker alltid att det är nice att kolla på. 10m, 5axlig lär ju vara rätt fet!

Tackar!

http://imgur.com/d5UrZEP

Glömde bort, men här den nyare maskinen på ~6 meters bord. Då vi kör princip i 2d så låser sig huvudet i de grader vi kör i.

Egentligen är det inga invecklade saker vi kör, men tar någon vecka att bli van hur man ska tänka när man kör med svängt huvud.

Är mäkti imponerad av din cnc projekt, kan lungt säga att du har mer erfarenhet och kunskap i cnc än vi som arbetar här.

keep up the good work.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

Gaming: i7 8700k@4.9Ghz | MSI Z370 Tomahawk | 3080 Tuf oc | Gskill 4X4gb@3Ghz | 1.2 TB med ssd's | Evga 1000 P2

Permalänk
Medlem

Otroligt grymt bygge!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av kettu92:

http://imgur.com/d5UrZEP

Glömde bort, men här den nyare maskinen på ~6 meters bord. Då vi kör princip i 2d så låser sig huvudet i de grader vi kör i.

Egentligen är det inga invecklade saker vi kör, men tar någon vecka att bli van hur man ska tänka när man kör med svängt huvud.

Är mäkti imponerad av din cnc projekt, kan lungt säga att du har mer erfarenhet och kunskap i cnc än vi som arbetar här.

keep up the good work.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Imponerande maskin! Alltid lika häftiga tycker jag. Att jag skulle vara mer erfaren eller ha mer kunskap i CNC tror jag verkligen inte. Är väldigt grön när det kommer till verktyg, uppsättning etc. Kan det jag kan bra, men utanför det kan jag inte alls mycket. Har en väldigt smal erfarenhet så att säga. Lär mig nya saker varje dag

Skrivet av Miichel:

Otroligt grymt bygge!

Tack och bock!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

This is the base for the GPU-connector block.

These are very small o-ring slots for the GPU-blocks

Had to use a 1mm end mill for these.

Doing the bigger O-ring slots for the connector plate. I am using 2mm O-ring string and I am making 2.5 mm wide and 1,35 mm deep slots for them.

Base part completed. Water channel slots are 13mm wide and 5mm deep. Equaling about the same area as a 10mm ID hard tubing pipe.

Do you see the suffering I put myself trough to document this! Crap all over the workshop! And these gets a static charge and stick to everything! I could be using the dust shoe but then the video and picture production would suffer!

Shieeeeee, this sticks to everything...

Yeah, everywhere...

This is the Top part of the big connector plate.

Profile all cut.

Countersinking!

All done, except for some engraving.

Did a test of the engraving and also the sphere for the pump tops.

Turned out nicely so I proceeded to the real pieces.

First up, the engraving

Doing this inverted from the back side produces this very neat effect. Looks super good in my opinion.

Now it is time for the base of the big connector plate.

Res being milled, ohhhh yes!

Really pleased with the quality of the cuts. Time to flip it around and do scary stuff to it!

Don't want to ruin this now. So much work put into this and I was very nervous for the pump spheres.

Turned out great! Could not hope for better. Now I just have to tap A LOT of M4 and 1/4" holes.

daaaaaang, these are sexy!

Basically ALL parts that need to be milled are done now. I just hope I did not forget something or screw things up

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Medlem

Trodde att du hade dubbla CPUer först bara för att backplaten var så blank xD

Visa signatur

[4770k delid] [1080 EK] [PG348Q] [Custom loop][1.75TB SSD]

Permalänk
Medlem

Helt fantastiskt! Mycket intressant att ha fått förmånen att följa detta!!!!

Visa signatur

Phanteks Evolv mITX, i7 8700K, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB DUAL, Corsair DDR4 3200mhz 16GB, M.2 Samsung 970 EVO 500GB, Samsung EVO 860 SSD, OCZ ARC 100 SSD, WD Black 1TB, Gigabyte Aorus Pro WiFi Z390 mIXT. Audient ID14, Dynaudio LYD48. LG45GR95QE

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av theo0019:

Trodde att du hade dubbla CPUer först bara för att backplaten var så blank xD

Det hade varit något det

Skrivet av Ragnvlad:

Helt fantastiskt! Mycket intressant att ha fått förmånen att följa detta!!!!

Kul att du gillar det!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Time to put everything back together and see if it fits again!

All the parts from the anodization. Not cleaned 100% yet but it looks very good and even!

I thought that I would start at the bottom. Fastening the rubber. Ended up using contact glue. Tried a lot of glues and this was the one the came out on top.

Lets start by roughing up one side of the neoprene rubber.

This is how the side looks before sand paper

And after

Same thing here, this is a very smooth surface and it is hard for the glue to stick to it.

After a few minutes of sanding. This is kinda hard to sand since sand paper is made from aluminium oxide and when you are sanding anodized aluminium you are sanding something that is about as hard as the sand paper basically. But you can quite easily scratch it.

Contact glue on both surfaces. Wait until you can touch it with your hands and its "dry". Usually takes about 5-10 mins depending on layer thickness.

Make sure you position it right the first time, there is no taking it of when you put it down. Then it is stuck there good and you will have a HUGE mess if you try and remove it.

Done! Turned out great. Really nice to have a solid base for the case that will reduce noise and make it stay in place much better.

After that it was time to glue the neodymium magnets. I used loctite 638 for this and when this have dried it is in there really good.

Here you can see two magnets in place for the button assembly. I did all the rest of the magnets the same way. No more pictures of that though. This glue is really nasty smelling and not nice for your skin, so I used gloves and did not want to get any on the camera sooooo.... You get the procedure

Time to try to mount some acrylic case pieces. This is the mid section of the "light box". A 10mm thick acrylic piece with carved lines.

Here you can see the patterns. Just lightly scratched with a V-bit in the CNC.

This pattern "catches" the light that you put in from the sides. And Illuminates more even on the surface.

You want a reflector to enhance the light. This is the base.

Adhesive chrome/silver tape stuff I got from a hobby store.

Cut it out with a exacto knife.

There we go! Just need to test it with some leds!

Put on the front and I am really pleased so far!

Getting really excited!

Put on the translucent white plexi

Here it is with the leds! The protective film is still on but you get the idea, a clean even white surface that illuminates the inside of the case.

Okay this got me really excited. DAMN worked out even better than I thought. Just a hasty mount and tried it out. Have not even polished the acrylic yet. Just powering each node of the led strip here with a 12v input. So I can only do R, G and B separate. But still gives you an idea of how it will look!

That is all for now, next up will be the bottom compartment and cable management for fans and leds.

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Entusiast

Skicka lite papper... måste torka... har dreglat

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

@ZpnK hehe

Doing the bottom compartment as far as I can right now.

This is the fan I had to do some modifications on for the water cooling to be able to fit without it being to tight.

Mounting fans and trying to figure out how to do all this the best way.

Decided to mount it as it is supposed to be so I can get a better idea.

I did not want to sleeve the fans. I did that the last time and it was bothersome and did not really add to the aesthetics. And here they will not ever show. Non sleeved cables can look much better than sleeved in some cases and also have much smaller footprint.

Mounted the PSU.

Decided to keep the full lengths of the fans and do a neat splitter with some clean cable routing. Making it easy to replace a fan IF there is a malfunction or anything like that.

Designed a simple fan splitter on a board.

Some soldering later

Hot glue is the solution to a lot of things

Isolated and protected.

Just some cleaning up with an exacto knife and we are good to go.

Put them on the fan with some hot glue. Really sticks well and you should still be able to pry it away if needed.

Did the cables in this neat row. I really like the cables that comes with these fans. Flat wire is really good when it comes to management.

Really pleased with how it turned out. Really neat, took some time though

Drain port that is easily accessible in the front. Rotating fittings make it easy to point downwards or outwards and drain fluids when needed. Also put a inline temp sensor to monitor the water temperature.

Nice and neat, just the way I like it!

Mounted the leds! The red wire is gone from the leds, even if it does not show it bothered me later so I switched that one to a black also.

Mounted the magnetic fan filters from demcifilter. They are really neat and you can order them to custom sizes and shapes.

Really easy to remove and clean.

Now it is time to progress to the next compartment before I can finish up the bottom.

Mounted the motherboard plate and IO parts.

Put in the pump covers and the RGB leds that will light the acrylic line that goes around the pump back.

Did not plan on this RGB part. But when the foot looked that nice I really wanted to expand on that. Tested with this and it looked amazing. I like the RGB-thing going on right now. But the most important thing for me is that it is balanced. And that you can turn it off when ever you want to. That is really important.

The translucent plexiglas is mounted and I have removed the protective film. It looks really clean and nice in my opinion and I am glad I went with this type of design instead of a regular plain mid section in aluminium.

Played around and mounted "tree" to see how it will look and I am really really please with how balanced this is (for me at least). BUT, I am getting myself ahead quite a bit. Next up is no small task, sleeving...

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Medlem

Damn, riktigt välgjort. Får mig att vilja ha tillgång till en CNC fräs. går attgöra så mycket mer och få bättre resultat än med en vattenskärare.

Oerhört bra passform på saker

Visa signatur

Jag äger minst en databehandlingsmaskin.

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

*Inlägg raderat (§1.6/trams)*
/moderator

Visa signatur

Danskjävel så krattar som en skrivare...

Permalänk
Medlem

Här sitter jag med ett Caselabs chassi och vill slänga den på tippen när jag ser ditt projekt

Visa signatur

Hemmabio ljud Denon x2700h - Dali Oberson 7 - Dali Oberson 1 - Dali Vokal - Dali Altevo - Dali Sub e-12
Kamera Sony a7r iv - Sony 16-35 - Sony 105 - Sony 100-400
Hemsida Instagram

Permalänk
Medlem

Helet galet snyggt. Tycker du dock inte att moderkortet är lite väl täckt? Såg ut som ett enda gediget block över hela. Men antar det blir annorlunda med vatten i

Visa signatur

CPU: Ryzen 5600xGPU: 1080 TI ROG Strix RAM:2x16GB G.skill Trident @ 3600MHz MoBo: Asus B550FPSU: Corsair SF750
En resa till Nordkorea
2 dagar i Tjernobyl

Permalänk
Entusiast

Väntar spänt på mer bilder!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Perkka:

Damn, riktigt välgjort. Får mig att vilja ha tillgång till en CNC fräs. går attgöra så mycket mer och få bättre resultat än med en vattenskärare.

Oerhört bra passform på saker

Att bygga en egen CNC är inte så svårt som man tror! Men det är mycket jobb! Önskar att jag hade en vattenskärare. Resultaten från vatten vid enbart "2D" operationer är väldigt bra och mycket snabbare än CNC-fräsning.

Skrivet av Henrikfotograf:

Här sitter jag med ett Caselabs chassi och vill slänga den på tippen när jag ser ditt projekt

Caselabs gör bra skit dock

Skrivet av Pelegrino:

Helet galet snyggt. Tycker du dock inte att moderkortet är lite väl täckt? Såg ut som ett enda gediget block över hela. Men antar det blir annorlunda med vatten i

Tackar! Finner inte att det är ett problem. Du ser genom plexiglaset utan problem

Skrivet av Zpnk:

Väntar spänt på mer bilder!

Kommer mer imorgon (fredag) om allt går som det ska!

En liten gif från när jag höll på sist!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

About time to mount some components. These have been sitting on my shelf long enough...

Like a glove! Always a bit nervous when you make scratch builds and make custom IO that it will not fit. But it was really nice and snug!

GPUs and SSDs mounted!

Here is a neat tool I designed. The thing I hate the most about sleeving is stretching the sleeve so that you get a really tight fit around the cable. That hurts my hands bad after a while, and it is not like the other burning and bending etc does not hurt. And at the same time you need to pinch the cable so it does not go back. This is my first rev of a tool to aid me in this. And I must say it works quite nicely.

Here you can see the sleeve pulled through the rolls causing it to tighten around the cable. And when you stop pulling the sleeve stay in place and does not go back. And a stretched sleeve looks much much better than a non stretched sleeve.

This is such a mess. I don't like to sleeve, I think it is tedious and I get nervous that I have done something wrong all the time and checks everything like 5 times over and over...

Okay, a few days later I am done with 90% of the cables. My fingers hurt, I have burned myself on the arm and hand (very small table in the apartment) since I put down my arm and hand on the very hot gas touch 2 times... My fault but lets blame the very limited space

This sleeve gets very stiff when streched and it is a pain to bend, but on the other hand it looks amazing and it is really tight, much tighter than the MDPC sleeve that is very good quality.

Okay now, how the hell do I fit this into here. I originally planed this with 18 AWG wire and much softer sleeve. Now with this much tighter sleeve and 16 AWG wire the cables do not like to stay in place...

I really like how the GPU comb turned out. I wanted to make something that goes with the same theme and lines as the build. Turned out better than I thought it would.

Decided to make the pump connect inside the pump house.

Shortened the original cables of the D5 pumps

I ended up using hot glue to be able to get the cables to stay in place. Was impossible otherwise. Either way, I only used hot glue on places where you cant see it. So no hot glue what so ever will ever be visible. I originally was against using any kind of glue "since then I cant remove the cables" then I remembered that I have threaded each individual cable through holes so that is pretty much a permanent installation... So then I was fine with it. If you do something like this though I recommend that you are really careful to not get any glue where you don't want it.

A small amount of hot glue to fix the bottom layer of the cables did the trick. Really neat.

Here you can see the whole tree.

Now I just need these cables to conform to MY reality, GET IN LINE!!!

That is more like it! Will leave it like this for a day or two and they will stay more or less in place when I remove the scrap acrylic pieces.

Looks really neat but what a pain to do. Don't think I would have done them visable if I knew how much time I would have to spend on them. I would at least have done some changes in the design if I knew I was going to use 16AWG and this thicker sleeve. This could have been much easier than it was.

Time for a very big moment. Plugged in the cable and put on the switch on the PSU. Time to boot for the first time since removing every single cable and every connector and putting them back in again. THe amount of money that rides on that all the cables are correctly connected is HUGE.

Here we go...

The sweet, sweet boot screen! What a HUGE relief, it posted just fine into bios and all GPUs etc are detected. Had to turn it off after about a minute though since I have no cooling on yet. But this is such a relief.

Quickly fixed up the cables on the front and straightened them up a bit (they need a bit more work to be perfect but I will do that later)

The foot is not mounted back again since I might need to screw in the fill ports from underneath when I connect the custom blocks.

Another quick boot with the lights connected also.

Starting to look a lot like the renders! I am really excited now! Now I just need to polish the acrylic parts, make orings, leak test the blocks and test the pump tops. And If all that works I am basically 99% done with the case. Just some minor things like the power on button that needs to be fixed!

A Video of how the sleeving tool works and how I do my sleeving:

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Polishing and sanding the acrylic

I got this kit. You basically use sand paper, and then you use number 3, number 2 and then clean with number 1.

I recommend using microfiber cloths. And remember to NOT use the same cloth for different number bottles. You do not want to use the same cloth for number 2 as you did for number 3!!!

Before you go with the number 3 you will have to do the basic work with sand paper. I went from 240 grit to --> 400 --> 800 ---> 1500 ---> 2000 and then I went with number 3. That produced a really nice result.

Did all the sanding in this container filled with moving water. It really helps when you have running water when you polish. At least I think so.

This is how it can look when you start.

Sanded to 2000 grit.

Polished with nr 3, 2 and then cleaned with nr 1. I was a bit lazy with this part since it really does not matter.

Sanded this uneven with 60 grit. The idea being that it will diffuse the light and give a more even illumination around the base of the case.

Can you spot the difference?

Clear like glass!

Rinse and repeat, same procedure as before.

Finally done with the polishing. This took a LOT of hours to do, and it is really draining work, both mentally and physically. You need to push really hard when you polish with the cloth and sanding seems like it never ends. Going through all those stages of different grit papers was tedious work. But in the end the result was all worth it!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Medlem

@Brodholm: Det ser fantastiskt ut!

Visa signatur

Dator nr.1
CPU:R7 5800X GPU:RX 5700 Pulse MEM:16GiB 3600CL16 OS:Win 10 Pro Chassi:O11 Dynamic Mini
Dator nr.2
CPU:R5 1600X GPU:Powercolor RX 5600XT MEM:16GiB 3200CL16 OS:Win 10 Pro Chassi: Ghost S1 mkII, Pangea
Bärbar: Microsoft Surface Pro4