Darkfall Unholy Wars

Permalänk
Skrivet av Ike32:

Jag hade siktat in mig på Warrior rollen men Archer rollen ser rätt skoj ut. Brukar inte lira Archer i spel dock, kanske ska börja i Darkfall.

Du kommer att kunna byta roll väldigt enkelt har dom lovat. Inte mitt i en siege kanske men från dag till dag. Så tex kan det vara bra att vara archer om ni är attackerade på hemaplan medans du kanske väljer warrior om ni ska inta en hamlet.
Mycket kommer att handla om olika gear för olika klasser. Jag hoppas detta kommer skapa en roligare ekonomi då man kommer att behöva ha olika typer av "set" med gear.

Visa signatur

Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | Intel Core i7 3,7GHz | RAM 32Gb 1333Mhz | Acer Z-321QU 32' 2560x1440@144HZ|

Permalänk
Medlem

Det kommer definitivt skapa en bra variation med crafters och inte bara fullplate-all-the-way. Har alltid lirat Warrior för att grinda och PvP men det kommer ta lite tid och få fram vilken jag tycker är bäst för dom ändamålen på UW.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Ike32:

Det kommer definitivt skapa en bra variation med crafters och inte bara fullplate-all-the-way. Har alltid lirat Warrior för att grinda och PvP men det kommer ta lite tid och få fram vilken jag tycker är bäst för dom ändamålen på UW.

Precis. I DF rusar alla omkring i fp/infernal/dragon. Ingen variation och därmed ingen ekonomi. Dessutom är alla crafters. Jag har mastery i nästan allt. Vi får hoppas det blir mer dedikerade crafters i UW.

Jag tror inte folk kommer att byta stridsroller så ofta som AV tror utan dom flesta kommer att välja en huvudinriktning och gå på den. Jag tex har aldrig riktigt gillat mage rollen så jag lär nog sällan välja att ränna omkring i robe.

Funderar på att bygga en hunter typ av karaktär (man är ju lite role player... hehe) både vad gäller strid och crafting. Dock kommer säkert klanledare kräva att man byter roll inför viktiga strider.

Visa signatur

Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | Intel Core i7 3,7GHz | RAM 32Gb 1333Mhz | Acer Z-321QU 32' 2560x1440@144HZ|

Permalänk
Visa signatur

Permalänk

Lite klargöranden avseende alignmentsystemet i UW.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=331878

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Nedan en intervju som två av Aventurines utvecklare gav för den grekiska radiostationen Sentra FM:

• Manos (Radio Producer): Good evening everyone! You are listening to the "Users" radio show on Sentra FM 103.3. This is our video games radio show and today it's a special day, since our guests are two developers from Darkfall Unholy Wars, who also worked on Darkfall Online. Manos Gryparis is on the microphone, and I have with me Adam Oikonomopoulos ...

• Adam: Hello everyone. Good evening...

• Manos: ...and Vangelis Kalaitzis...

• Vangelis: Good evening...

• Manos: Together we'll talk about Darkfall Unholy Wars, the new Greek MMORPG which will launch in November 20 and is the next saga of Darkfall, a game that was released on February 2009 and is the bestselling Greek video game.

• First of all, tell us about your work. Adam, you are the creative manager. How many years do you work with Aventurine?

• Adam: My name is Adam, I'm the creative manager and I work with AV for more than 4 years. As a creative manager I'm responsible for the creative look, the feeling of the game. I'm responsible for all the creative work, from the art style and GUI to the gameplay. I collaborate with many departments -including designers of course, like Vangelis sitting next to me. We are in contact on a daily basis about the game, although everyone has his own department. Together we must have cohesion to produce a good result.

• Manos: So in simple words, you are responsible for the game graphics? Do you guide the graphics engineers?

• Adam: Part of my job is graphics, for sure. But that extends further. Even the sound must ideally blend with graphics, which means that I also work with the audio department. I'm also providing some gameplay ideas for the game...

• Vangelis: And lore as well... the creative manager is involved in almost all aspects of the game...

• Manos: Vangelis, you are a game designer, but you were once working for customer support...

• Vangelis: Yes, I've started from the GM position. I'm almost 4 years at AV and now work on the game design.

• Manos: Cool, so what do you do on a daily basis?

• Vangelis: Well, lots of excel sheets, mostly to calculate numbers, possibilities... For example, mob drops (loot), game mechanics which are important...

• Manos: That's a good pass for my first question. You mentioned mob drops. Are you going to increase the loot in Darkfall Unholy Wars? In Darkfall Online newbies were killing goblins just to get a few gold.

• Vangelis: We have redesigned all mob drops. I won't say the loot has been reduced when you kill easy mobs, but we have re-arranged many things. Larger mobs surely drop more loot now. And that's because we need to have more activity in those areas...

• Adam: It's the "Risk VS Reward" system, which has to do with almost everything, like loot, resources... the more dangerous the place is, the greater the reward you get...

• Manos: Any chances of seeing some easy mobs not dropping any loot?

• Vangelis: No, all of them drop loot. This was an issue that confused some of our players and made them think that it was a bug.

• Manos: Now that we're talking about new players. What are you planning to do to protect new players? In Darkfall new players started the game, took their first quest and went, for example, to hunt goblins or trolls. In the meantime, a "red" player who belonged to an enemy race cut them to pieces and looted all their items!

• Vangelis: Not only players from enemy races, but even their own race!

• Manos: So, since Darkfall is a real-time and full PvP game, what are you planning to do with Darkfall Unholy Wars to help new players improve?

• Vangelis: We have already done many things and this was something we always wanted to fix. We had lots of new players coming in, the environment was "unfriendly" in the initial stages and some played for a while and then quit. We wanted to change that so that the game is more entertaining. The point is not to start playing and commit... suicide!

• Adam: Darkfall is a difficult and hard game. Not all players are the same though. Each one of us has a different pace on how he adapts to Darkfall, on how he understands the philosophy of the game and sticks with it. So we wanted all those mainstream players -that devote much of their time to play- to discover how the game is played and find their role in it, so that they can go to harder places and fight. For this purpose we created Safe Zones, which means that spawn points around NPC cities will be totally safe, so you can safely explore the game, fight easy monsters and learn the control scheme.

• Manos: So you have created safe zones outside NPC city limits?

• Vangelis: Yes, not only the NPC cities are safe, but the areas around them too.

• Manos: How many spawn points are going to be safe? Like one spawn point around an NPC city?

• Vangelis: This has to do with how the map is structured, but that's something that we can see, not the players...

• Adam: It's not only one spawn point, as in this case everyone would go there. There will be a fair amount of safe spawn points around NPC cities. As a player you will discover where it's safe and where it's not, and you will be able to learn the game that way.

• Manos: Ok, let's go to our first listener for tonight. Let's talk to Grigoris. Good evening.

• Grigoris (Listener): Good evening. I'm a fan of Darkfall since 2006.

• Manos: What's your player name?

• Grigoris: My player name is Galadurn.

• Manos: Were you a member of any well-known Clans?

• Grigoris: I was with Greek Lords.

• Vangelis: That name is a bit known.

• Grigoris: I have some questions, because there is a lot of hype going on at the forums about this. We don't have much information on this matter... so, first of all, is there going to be a crafting penalty on safe zones?

• Vangelis: This question was addressed since we first talked about safe zones. We are thinking about it. But there is a point to what's being said. You can't exclude players who don’t belong to a clan from being able to craft high-end items. We need to think more about it. We have seen many player suggestions in the forums, so there's got to be a demand for this. We recognize that this might be an issue, because it's against the game's philosophy to be able to do everything in a safe zone without being in danger, but on the other hand we have to balance it with the fact that many players might not want this or -at least at the beginning- they might not be members of Clans.

• Grigoris: Ok, now a question that has to do with the answer to the previous one. Are we going to have Chaos cities?

• Vangelis: No. There is no reason for them to exist anymore.

• Grigoris: So, you will only have capitals and three starting locations.

• Adam: Yes.

• Vangelis: The rest of the world is the classic PvP area.

• Grigoris: What about DirectX 10?

• Vangelis: To be honest, I don't have this information yet. It has to do with the game's engine and we can only talk about the design. So I can't answer that, I'm not totally sure where we are on that.

• Grigoris: Ok and the classic question: What about beta? You said that the game will be launched on the 20th of November.

• Vangelis: There is no official announcement yet so we can't comment on it. We don't have this information yet.

• Manos: Thank you Grigoris. Before we go to Ilias who is waiting on the line, just a quick question: You said that you're not going to have chaos cities. Where are the red players going to go? Because if someone kills someone else from the same race, this guy will lose alignment and become evil.

• Vangelis: Becoming Red doesn't mean that you won't be able to enter starting areas anymore. This has changed; there are no towers in NPC cities, so anyone can normally come in. The fact that a player might be red is a piece of information that anyone can use the way he wants. Players can hunt him (not inside the city limits of course), refuse to trade with him, anything...

• Manos: You said there are no towers. Can a player hit someone else inside the city?

• Vangelis: No.

• Manos: This is an important piece of information.

• Adam: That's why we said that cities are totally safe. It's an area where you can get in and enjoy some privacy.

• Manos: That's nice, because I remember you had issues when one player was killing someone else; a friendly character could provide healing behind him and steal his items.

• Vangelis: There were various things happening.

• Adam: You were at the bank and you were even afraid to look at your items...

• Vangelis: Listen. We don't want to change the game's philosophy but there are various issues. Darkfall doesn't have a tab targeting system to help you "lock" your enemy, hit him and be done with him. In Darkfall you can swing your weapon against 3 or more people. But there were various things going on. Someone was trying to hit a monster; someone else got in the way... so we had some issues.

• Manos: Ok, we already have two friends on their lines. Let's go to Ilias from Thessaloniki. Good evening.

• Ilias (listener): Good evening to all of you. I'm Ilias Plaka mekaneis.

• Manos: Ahh, that's a nice nickname.

• Vangelis: Also well-known!

• Ilias: I'd like to talk about the launch. About the 20th of November. I want to have more information about it. Last time I bought the game there was a lot of "fog" about launch. I want to know more, if you are certain about it this time.

• Vangelis: The 20th of November is what it's valid at the moment. It's the information we have and the development is fully dedicated according to that schedule. We don't have any other information.

• Ilias: I'm asking this because my second question is whether there's going to be a boxed edition of the game? In which shops? And are you going to sell a boxed edition online, so that we can avoid Darkfall Online's issues? I was personally trying to buy the game for 2 weeks.

• Vangelis: You’re talking about the early beginning. It had to do with the tool that was used for buying the accounts, which was changed years ago. This applies to the online edition. As for the boxed edition, from what we know we're going to have one in Greece, but we don't know yet if it's going to be sold at the same time with the digital one or later.

• Ilias: Are you going to have a special pre-order edition or just a boxed copy of the game?

• Vangelis: No, only the boxed copy of the game. We had various meetings about making a Collector's edition but to be honest I'm not totally sure if anything came out of these discussions.

• Ilias: Understood. And something else, are you going to host the game on one or two servers?

• Vangelis: Two. The ones that we have now, EU and US, and they exist exactly in the same locations as they used to.

• Ilias: Thank you.

• Manos: Vangelis, at some point there was an announcement for a co-operation with an Asian company (M-Game) . I don't know if there's going to be an Asian server as well.

• Vangelis: Yes, we have a Korean partnership, we can't comment on that yet, but the partnership exists and we co-operate with them on a daily basis. But the result will take some time to come out.

• Manos: Thank you Ilias! Ok, let's talk now with Theofilos. Good evening.

• Theofilos (Listener): Good evening guys. Congrats again. I'm Lord Valkyrion, I'm a long-time (fan) before release, since beta.

• Vangelis: It seems that we have talked with 3 players that are very well-known!

• Theofilos: Yes, I was in Bad Boys, Alfar of Naghast etc... what I would like to ask about launch, mostly about queue, is if we're going to have queues and a larger server capacity.

• Vangelis: From what I know, we're going to have 10.000 concurrent players and that won't change for now. Considering queues, I hope people won't get exhausted by this... although it would be nice to have queues in the beginning, like we had with the original Darkfall.

• Theofilos: My questions are mostly performance-wise, about the multi-core support that you announced. Have you made any test sieges to see how it works? We had many issues with that in-game.

• Vangelis: We made some tests, but we don't have a clear picture yet because people that test it on the server are few compared to a live situation. It's going to be tested as time goes on. What I know is that we did many optimizations, due to the new GUI which had some performance issues. Any issues experienced are very few right now. We don't have any major problems right now.

• Theofilos: Two more questions. I heard that you won't have chaos cities and that there will be less water mash. That's what I read in the forums.

• Manos: What about this?

• Vangelis: The sea will be smaller; we removed some water tiles.

• Theofilos: Are we going to have more hamlets and holdings or are they about the same?

• Vangelis: About the same. We will have more villages and we’re also going to add more houses to those that exist already. (Actually, there are much less hamlets and a few less cities)

• Theofilos: And a question which lately is a bit unclear. With the exception of the Dwarves that changed their name, how have the other races changed?

• Vangelis: We're going to have aesthetic changes in races, mostly for gameplay reasons.

• Theofilos: I just hope we won't have any more Ginger Magicians!

• Adam: You can be a Ginger if you want.

• Manos: You can't be a Ginger. You are only born Ginger!

• Adam: Nobody can stick to a specific race due to its size. What you choose has to do with the look of it and only that. In the past, some players wanted to play Alfars because they were small in size. Racial anatomy is about the same.

• Manos: Alfars are going to get taller?

• Adam: Yes, they got taller. Everyone has about the same size and is equal on the battlefield.

• Manos: With different attributes I guess.

• Vangelis: What do you mean?

• Manos: Will each race have different attributes from the start? I'm not talking about one race having vitality and one that doesn't. I mean having plus or minus 5-10 points to each attribute.

• Vangelis: No, we won't have that.

• Theofilos: It doesn't matter.

• Manos: It matters to me.

• Adam: The difference is only aesthetic. Anyone can choose any race and they're going to have no differences.

• Theofilos: Since we talk about races, about racial alignment, are you going to have 3 racial factions like in the past or not?

• Vangelis: Ok, we must comment on that.

• Adam: This has to do with lore... it has to do with what happened between the original Darkfall and the new one. Races have a truce with each other. They had to do it, and it is explained in the story. That's why the game is called "Unholy Wars". Races have declared war against the Gods. This means that anyone can go wherever he wants.

• Theofilos: So can I go to a racial capital of another race?

• Adam: Yes, you can take an Ork and go to a Mirdain city. Then you can take a Mirdain and go to an Alfar city if you want.

• Vangelis: And by killing any player of any race, you get the appropriate repercussions. Ok, we know that racial alignment isn't the same as it was, but you can become red.

• Manos: Thank you. And now a quick question. If you go outside an NPC city, can you battle another player between the city limits?

• Vangelis: That's possible, yes.

• Manos: So anyone might "play" in and out of limits!

• Vangelis: No, we've explained this today. There was a question we replied to in the forums. There's going to be a timer. When you get in and out you won't instantly get protected or lose your protection. So you can't do any tricks with the city limits (with the safe zones). There's going to be a small cooldown.

• Manos: We have Markos from Marousi. Good evening.

• Markos (listener): Nice to meet you. Aselding Ventus is my nickname. I was in Argonauts and now Yerma Willdo. I'd like to ask two questions. My first question is about support. Is it going to be more user-friendly? We had some issues with the original Darkfall. We sent messages and got no replies or were asked to provide too much information...

• Vangelis: That was the department I used to work with, but now I don't belong there. Anyway, I know that some things will be handled differently. So I believe you will see an improvement. This also has to do with the support staff tools that exist. Development is focused on the game more than 1.000%, and we'll implement the best we can for the support.

• Markos: Ok, I'm happy about that. Another question I want to ask is: what are you going to do about hackers? In the original Darkfall, there were people who hacked or used macros for skill gain, inside or even underneath the cities. Are you going to do something about them?

• Vangelis : I don't have a clear picture about hacking detection. We will surely detect hackers like we did in the first game, but I'm not sure if there's going to be any improvement because I haven't heard anything specific. About macroing, we replied in the forums that due to the changes in character improvement, macroing won't be that much efficient. It will be fast to reach a viable state, faster than it was with the first game, so you won't need to macro. Also, some traditional macro skills like Running and Swimming won't level up anymore and won't feed attributes or other passive skills... what else?

• Adam: Macroing won't exist inside NPC cities also, because you won't be able to hit anyone.

• Vangelis: Yes, you won't be able to do that. You will be able to do that in all other cities. Theoretically someone will be able to do it, but it won't matter for various reasons. There is a new "currency" with which you develop your character, unlock new skills etc. which you won't be able to gain by macroing. You might be able to gain some skills but this would also happen in normal gameplay time.

• Markos: I'm just asking because some might go AFK or leave their PC working.

• Manos: Thanks. So let's speed up. Let's talk about graphics, sounds and animations. Are we going to see improvements?

• Vangelis: The animations are new, as well as the whole animation system. Which means better immersion etc. We hope that this is also shown in our videos.

• Manos: We're going to have dynamic lighting as well? Especially at night, which was always very dark? People were complaining about limited light at nights.

• Vangelis: In cities that's for sure. Well... outside as well.

• Manos: Any soundtrack or background music? The original game had some weird background music.

• Adam: Yes, there are lots of new music tracks.

• Vangelis: Environmental audio, new sound effects...

• Manos: And the most important thing: what about the user interface? That's what people want to hear about.

• Vangelis: That's entirely new and the feedback we have so far is very positive. And we're happy for it because we have put so much effort to create it.

• Manos: Any tutorials for the noobs?

• Vangelis: Yes, there will be a complete tutorial with an advisor that guides you in your first steps so that you can learn how to move...

• Manos: Nice. And as we saw in gameplay videos it covers less space on screen.

• Vangelis: Yes, it's slim; you can open and close various things. But when you want to close it entirely and go for battle it does its job well.

• Manos: Is it going to be more "light" than the first one?

• Vangelis: Yes, of course, it has nothing to do with the initial one.

• Manos: Ok, that was it. Do you want to add anything?

• Vangelis: No. We'd like to thank you for your calls...

• Vangelis: Thank you.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Visa signatur

Ryzen 5800x | Corsair H100i V2 | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair VENGEANCE | Asus Z370 | Gigabyte RTX 3080 Xtreme | LG 27GL850 144hz NANO IPS | Corsair VOID wireless | Valve Index | Simlab P1 Cockpit | Fanatec set Simucube 2 pro | Triple 55" Oled surround

Permalänk
Medlem

Tycker iallafall ni alla ska gå in på www.aoc-gaming.se ( Aesir Online Community - Gaming ) för vi kommer storsatsa på det här spelet vi kommer nog landa på runt 100 medlemmar vid start som "förmodligen" kommer logga in den 20 för att vi ska ha så bra start som möjligt i det nya spelet, Aesir var en av dem större guilden i Darkfall 1.0 och vi är bara en svensk/norsk spelcommunity så svenska är det vi pratar på mumble vi har en seriös och bra förening med många events som även innehåller bra priser som Steamnycklartill spel, Rabatt på spel och även ingame items till spelet eventet hålls i .Sp kom igen nu grabbar och flickor och ansök idag du kommer inte ångra dig , du behöver inte ha spelat darkfall förut vi har folk som hjälper dem nya!

Permalänk

Nytt datum för launch: 12-12-12

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3366

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

oväntat, klåpar-av

Visa signatur

Intel Core i5 13600K | RTX 4070 Ti | Kingston FURY Beast 32GB DDR5 6000MHz | Samsung 990 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2TB | Kingston A2000 SSD 1TB | Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX | Samsung 65" 4k 120Hz | LG 27" 27GP850 | 24" XL2411T | Be Quiet! Dark Power 12 1000W | Akko 3084B 75% | Logitech G Pro X Superlight

Permalänk

Video med en av utvecklarna på Aventurine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDQyIED_UF0

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Visa signatur

Permalänk
Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Främling:

Den rollen såg riktigt bra ut faktiskt. Kombinera high vitallity/armor med damage reflect så får man nog bra resultat i teamfights. Sen kör man en berserk på secondary tex.

Permalänk
Medlem

Om ni söker ett varmt hem kan jag rekomendera Aesir Online Community - Gaming.
Vi var skandinaviens största klan i DF1 och bland de mest meriterade.
Vi är i skrivande stund 85 personer klara för release.

Mer info på vår hemsida aoc-gaming.se

Permalänk
Skrivet av Ike32:

Den rollen såg riktigt bra ut faktiskt. Kombinera high vitallity/armor med damage reflect så får man nog bra resultat i teamfights. Sen kör man en berserk på secondary tex.

Läser på forumfall diskussioner i stil med att Warrior är en klass för den som inte orkar anstränga sig så mycket jämfört med elementalist tex. Håller inte riktigt med dom. Det kommer krävas skicklighet för att komma inpå fienden utan att bli träffad av pilar eller magi som gör stor skada. Dessutom verkar det som att man måste ha bra koll på skillzen även som warrior och inte bara stå och "vifta" med sin 2h axe.

Ett dilemma här. En elementalist måste få ihop stora mängder regs. En warrior måste träna mycket på moves/combos. Jag är totalt villrådig om vilken klass jag främst ska spela då jag inte kommer att kunna vara online mer än någon timme varje kväll.

Hur ser ni på ert framtida spelande?

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Ny episod av utvecklardagbok...

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3397

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Främling:

Mycket information så orkar inte läsa igenom allt men tänkte att du säkert kan svaret på min fråga då du verkar ha koll.

Vad kommer hända med min karaktär vid 2.0?

Visa signatur

http://e-sim.org/lan.96619/ | Hjälp Svergie!!!

Permalänk
Skrivet av Raikiri:

Mycket information så orkar inte läsa igenom allt men tänkte att du säkert kan svaret på min fråga då du verkar ha koll.

Vad kommer hända med min karaktär vid 2.0?

Den kommer inte att överföras till UW då det är ett "helt nytt spel". Servrarna stängdes ner den 15e för att tömmas och ge plats för UW.
Dock så kommer våra karaktärer att "sparas" för ett eventuellt framtida projekt.... vad det nu innebär.
Hurvida våra karaktärers namn är låsta eller inte i UW är något oklart.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Främling:

Den kommer inte att överföras till UW då det är ett "helt nytt spel". Servrarna stängdes ner den 15e för att tömmas och ge plats för UW.
Dock så kommer våra karaktärer att "sparas" för ett eventuellt framtida projekt.... vad det nu innebär.
Hurvida våra karaktärers namn är låsta eller inte i UW är något oklart.

Okej, tack för informationen.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Köpte spelet på release men fastnade aldrig, känns som man kanske ska ge det en ny chans nu då suget efter ett riktigt sandbox är stort.

Permalänk

På torsdag (29/11) sänder MMORPG.com en liveintervju med Tasos !

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Visa signatur

Permalänk

Aventurine vill att vi fans hjälper dom få Darkfall till Steam genom att lägga upp det på Greenlight.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3408

In och hjälp till!

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Det har tidigare presenterats en Elementalist av Eld-skolan... nu kommer Luft.

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3428

Intervjun med Tasos... http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/videos/gameID/875/...

Unholy Wars fick greenlight på Steam efter bara två dagar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Främling:

Unholy Wars fick greenlight på Steam efter bara två dagar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jäkla gott, hoppas att Aventurine sköter det snyggt nu.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Några nya färska klargöranden:

Hello community!

In an effort to clear up some of the questions that arose from the GUI video, please read below:

Cue the people complaining that there is no alternate method of switching skills than the wheel, since no alternate method was shown. [Comment by Emolas]

The radial wheel is not the only way to select and execute skills. First of all, there are two radial wheels active at the same time. One is bound to the left mouse button and one to the right. Each radial wheel has eight slots that are numbered 1 through 8. You can load up a skill from your radial wheel by pressing either Alt and the left mouse button and then selecting the skill with the mouse, or by pressing the corresponding number on your keyboard. To switch between the two radial wheels you can press Q and E.

You will need the following point amounts for 4 different areas: Strength, Agility, Smartness, and Wisdom 400/800/1600/3200. [Comment by Zaffax]

Yes these are the Prowess costs in order to purchase the boosters for each Attribute. However, these numbers are still in the process of balancing and are subject to change. Note that the aim of these videos was only to illustrate our design process.

Everything looked and sounded great. Until I read the above. Can someone PLEASE CLEAR UP WHAT PVE DUNGEONS MEANS? Gold

‘PVE dungeons’ simply means that players will encounter monsters there as well as other players. In essence, they are PVPVE, as is most of Agon. The only areas of Agon that are NOT PvP are the safe zones.

Hopefully the player skill of small scale veteran clans can make up for the diminishing returns on point gains. [Comment by Seriousbisnis]

Small clans can still have an important and meaningful life in DF:UW. Dominion points are won, not only through Prowess points, but also through clan activities. Therefore if a clan is skillful and successful they will be able to engage in PvP content and they will be rewarded for this.

Will a player be able to see how many/what points he/she (and anyone else) has contributed to their guild? [Comment by Xeen]

Yes this is possible through the clan roster in the UI. There is a column that shows how many points each member has contributed to the clan.

I like simple grab and go. Now let me push this arrow to get to the other end of the list to get or do something. I don't want to click an arrow 58 times to the right to find a r60 bow. I want to just open a bow bag and grab the thing. [Comment by Aparks]

The backpack system is a click and drag system. We apologise if this was not clear in the videos. Like the original interface, it uses bags and other containers and it is administered with mouse interactions.

Have you gotten rid of the awful sheath/unsheathe system for interacting with objects? [Comment by JimLad]

We have indeed put work into this.

Attack/skill actions automatically unsheathe your weapon and a number of other actions will auto unsheathe/sheathe as well.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Ny utvecklarvideo i dag.
Dessutom meddelar dom att dom hoppas kunna starta pre-sales på måndag... vilket ju inte låter troligt med tanke på att det är Aventurine vi talar om.

Dev diary om "clans" mm... http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3433

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Ingen release i morgon!
Beta kommer den 17e.... säger dom.
Förköp från fredag så att man ska kunna ladda hem spelet under helgen.
En av anledningarna till att release blir uppskjuten verkar vara greenlit på Steam... dvs dom vill ha Steamsläppet klart vid release.
Kanske är Valve som kräver en tids betatest?

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3448

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Här är lite info om betan...

http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3454

Visa signatur