Motherboard related questions

Permalänk
Avstängd

Can you tell me 1 company that have a 100% Quality controll check that doesn't let "DoA" products get out in the stores?

Skrivet av lord_moggo:

I just wanted to say that you need to have a look at your RMA services. Below is a picture of a MSI motherboard I recieved which hadn't ben laquered properly and several traces were expos3ed, some had even begun to fall off:
http://i.imgur.com/0dezwJJ.jpg

When confronting your support, they asked me if I had tried to install it and verified the problem. I said that would be a sutpid and even hasardous idea as it might damage other components or even myself. After a very slow and long set of messages, they reached the conclusion that the issue wasn't of a serious nature and dopped the case.

This is essentially the reason why I won't ever be touching a MSI product, even with a ten foot pole, ever again. You might wan't to improve your Quality Control before more people notice this.

Visa signatur

Inte Core i7 4790K
Asus Z97-A
Asus Nvidia GTX 970 STRIX
Kingston DDR3 HYPERX Genesys 16 GB 1600MHZ

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

I wouldn't recommend using a Asus Z97-A with the MSI installer DVD.

hahaha I'm so sorry, It's a ASUS Motherboard I have not an MSI.. (And a ASUS DVD ofc)

Permalänk

PM to lord_moggo

Skrivet av lord_moggo:

I just wanted to say that you need to have a look at your RMA services. Below is a picture of a MSI motherboard I recieved which hadn't ben laquered properly and several traces were expos3ed, some had even begun to fall off:
http://i.imgur.com/0dezwJJ.jpg

When confronting your support, they asked me if I had tried to install it and verified the problem. I said that would be a sutpid and even hasardous idea as it might damage other components or even myself. After a very slow and long set of messages, they reached the conclusion that the issue wasn't of a serious nature and dopped the case.

This is essentially the reason why I won't ever be touching a MSI product, even with a ten foot pole, ever again. You might wan't to improve your Quality Control before more people notice this.

Hi lord_moggo,

I've send you a PM today. Please respond to this with the details so we can solve this issue for you. Thanks!

Regards,
Marc

update 27/7 : this P67A-GD55 and warranty case from 3-4 years ago is a reminder for us to keep improving our QC

Permalänk
Medlem

Hello,

Do you have a list of compatibly coolers for your z97i-motherboards? Having trouble finding this on msi-related websites, and as i understand it, the cpu-socket is placed a bit closer to the pci-e than on some other motherboards, leaving cooler-choices a bit on the slimmer side. Was hoping to mount a noctua towersolution, but perhaps i need to think differently?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/Z97I_GAMING/6.html
In this review, they turn the cooler to pull air upwards instead of towards the rear. Perhaps this can be done with the Noctua i've ordered aswell with a bit of luck..? (Noctua NH-U12S)

Thanks in advance.

//Monkey

Visa signatur

Speldator :[I] AMD 5600X - 16GB fläskigt ram - AMD 580RX - AOC 32" Wide
HTPC : i5 3450S - 8GB G.Skill - Streacom F8

Permalänk
Skrivet av MoNkeY-05:

Hello,

Do you have a list of compatibly coolers for your z97i-motherboards? Having trouble finding this on msi-related websites, and as i understand it, the cpu-socket is placed a bit closer to the pci-e than on some other motherboards, leaving cooler-choices a bit on the slimmer side. Was hoping to mount a noctua towersolution, but perhaps i need to think differently?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/Z97I_GAMING/6.html
In this review, they turn the cooler to pull air upwards instead of towards the rear. Perhaps this can be done with the Noctua i've ordered aswell with a bit of luck..? (Noctua NH-U12S)

Thanks in advance.

//Monkey

MSI's Intel motherboards always follow the Intel's specification for cooler "keep-out" zones but over-sized coolers can be a challenge for any system and particularly so on a mini-ITX system.
Since over-sized coolers are so popular nowadays, this information could come in handy for many people interested in building mini-ITX systems.
I am checking with HQ if we have list of tested and approved CPU coolers.
Please hold on, I will get back to you on this.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

MSI's Intel motherboards always follow the Intel's specification for cooler "keep-out" zones but over-sized coolers can be a challenge for any system and particularly so on a mini-ITX system.
Since over-sized coolers are so popular nowadays, this information could come in handy for many people interested in building mini-ITX systems.
I am checking with HQ if we have list of tested and approved CPU coolers.
Please hold on, I will get back to you on this.

Thanks. I will probably receive all my items for this build tomorrow, so if you dont get this info for me before the weekend, perhaps i can inform you on monday if this cooler can be installed in this fashion on your board.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Sadjester:

Hi!

I've been in contact with the MSI support because I have some problems with my z87-gd65 motherboard. When I use the OC genie button on the Motherboard it works for like 2 days, then when I start up the computer (cold boot) I get

"Previous overclocking settings have failed" press f1 or f2 something. Why the heck do i get this problem all the time? even when i do a overclocking by myself i get this failure.

This message is displayed when the motherboard cannot boot (the bios does three boot loop attempts and if it won't boot it loads safe settings and displays this message).

This indicates that the config isn't booting 100% stable with the applied settings.

I cannot comment on your manual OC settings but what OC Genie does is:
- Raises CPU multiplier to 40x on a 4670K/4690K/4770K CPU and raises CPU voltage (on non K CPU multiplier is not affected).
(i7-4790K and Pentium G3258 are overclocked higher, 44x and 43x respectively)
- Enables XMP
- Raises memory voltage to1.65V
- Raises IGP speed to 1500MHz and raises IGP voltage to 1.1V

In most configurations this doesn't cause any problems but it is still overclocking, so nothing is guaranteed.
Does the system run/boot OK with non-overclocked settings?

First make sure you have the latest bios version:
http://www.msi.com/support/mb/Z87GD65_GAMING.html#down-bios
Also make sure that the power supply and CPU cooling and system cooling are OK for overclocking.
Then also test with one memory module (in slot 2) or even try other memory module(s) altogether.

Most overclocking attempts are a lot of "trial and error". A generic setting (like OC Genie) might work on 95% of the systems but not on yours.
So you will have to spend a lot of time and attempts to find out what the maximum for your configuration is.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Neonodia:

Can you tell me 1 company that have a 100% Quality controll check that doesn't let "DoA" products get out in the stores?

Well, cm-sized loose components should fail a very quick visual check don't you think?

Secondly, there are usually diagnostic tests where they are plugged into rigs, a sequence is run to confirm a number of voltages and that basic responses are there.

Finally, their customer support said this wasn't an issue when they were alerted, and even advised me to actually use the board.

I'd call that a pretty massive failure on all counts. What would have happened if I hadn't noticed it? That board was after many attempts to get MSI to acknowledge the fault eventually thrown away with no replacement or reinbursement from MSI.

Permalänk
Medlem

970A-G46

I was planning to upgrade my cpu on this board to a X-8350 but i got adviced no to do that because its a 125w cpu and it could burn the board. The FX-8350 cpu is on the cpu support lst on MSI web site. Is the recommendation i got true?

Permalänk
Medlem

Dear Sweclockers & MSI team.

(will add a few pictures when i get home from work, might make the post a bit easier to read. Sorry for wall of text)

As you may have seen, on the first page i wrote a post regarding the quality of MSI-boards and wondered what had happened the last few years to improve the product line, as I was not satisfied with previous experiences. A bit later I’m writing about my new build which includes an MSI board..
What happened?

After my initial post I was contacted by Tanja of the MSI team who offered to send me a board to let me try their new boards out first hand. As I was just about to build a new computer, the timing was impeccable. I asked for a z97i board if possible, as I was planning on building a mITX-rig in a Node304 chassi. A few days later the friendly UPS-man arrives and delivers a package a big large for a mITX motherboard, but when you stuff the package with MSI clothes, pens, toys, general ‘stuff’ the size of the package does get a bit bigger. I got more than I was hoping for, I got the top of the line model, the z97i Gaming AC. I received my order with the remaining items from Komplett.se the same day, consisting of a 4690K, 8GB of Hyper Genesis ram, Noctua NH-U12S, MSI 750Ti GPU (Yeah, I selected MSI, they deserved it after setting me up), CoolerMaster v550S PSU, Samsung 840EVO, and a Node304 from Fractal. Unfortunally the weekend was already stuffed with plans, (a wedding Saturday, christening of my little daughter on Sunday) so my rig had to wait a bit.

Anyways. Buildingtime. I started with unboxing everything, which is a joy in itself. Some people love the smell of new cars, but im a nerd, and so I love the smell of new electronics. (you guys know what im talking about, right?!) And let me tell you – the MSI board smelled plenty fine. I wanted to begin with testing the rig outside of the chassi, in case of any problems. The sight of a Noctua cooler on an mITX board might be a somewhat ridiculous sight for some, but it’s pure love to me. Everything booted up nicely, and I had no issues - so on to building it into the Node.
As my first mITX build, I was somewhat worried about cable management, and this was listed as one of the downsides of the node in a review I read. I had no issues whatsoever, if anything, this is the cleanest build I’ve built so far. The only issue I had was that I had to turn the Noctua 90 degrees, which otherwise would block the PCI-E slot. Turning it instead created the problem of blocking 2 HDD-slots if using mechanical drives (not purely blocking, but too tight of a fit. Works well with SSD’s still) and in the end im just happy I managed to fit it onto the board, as it was listed as uncompatible on Noctuas website. Also – it’s required to unmount the back fan of the Node304 if you’re going to fit this board in, otherwise you’re going to break the Wifi/Bluetooth module (if using it). Mount the fan back afterwards, and it works. Didn’t think I was going to manage at first, it’s as tight a fit as humanly possible..

The board has so far performed beautifully in games (dota2, bf4) but I have not been able to push it much more than that yet. Overclocking to come. The UEFI is clean and rather simple to go through, although I must admit to not having much experiences with UEFI’s, and therefore cant compare with other UEFI’s. Perhaps I’ll have more feedback on it after overclocking.

Sorry for a long post, but overall, MSI might very well have swayed me over to their side. I might not wear the MSI shirt outside of the apartment, but I might very well buy more MSI products in the future, therefore im so sorry Gigabyte, but I might spread my purchases out a bit in the future.
Thanks MSI team, and especially thanks to Tanja. 

//Monkey / Pelle

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av Erikswe:

I was planning to upgrade my cpu on this board to a X-8350 but i got adviced no to do that because its a 125w cpu and it could burn the board. The FX-8350 cpu is on the cpu support lst on MSI web site. Is the recommendation i got true?

The FX-8350 (and other 125W CPUs) is supported on the 970A-G46 motherboard and there is no risk of burning the board.

During the early days after the FX-8150/FX-8120 125Watt model release, we got reports that the Mosfets on the 970A-G46 could get really hot with prolonged runs of extreme burn-in tools (Lynx, Intel Burn tests, OCCT, Prime95, etc) in cases with less airflow. In a few cases this even lead to burned mosfets.

As a result MSI added a Mosfet over-temperature protection in the bios (bios v1.2 or later). Meaning it will throttle the 125W FX CPUs down (to 1400MHz) when the Mosfets are getting too hot.
This usually only happens with extreme burn-in tools and not in day-to-day usage.

The later introduced FX-8350 is also rated for 125W but draws less power than the FX-8120/FX8150 thus should be less susceptible to throttling.

Permalänk
Medlem

Thanks Ruudt för the fast reply. Now i can continue my plans

Permalänk
Skrivet av Erikswe:

Thanks Ruudt för the fast reply. Now i can continue my plans

Based on my colleague's testing, the 970 GAMING shouldn't throttle with FX-83xx CPUs.
The 970 GAMING has more power phases/mosfets than 970A-G46.

So atm we recommend the 970 GAMING for usage with FX-83xx CPUs.

Permalänk

G3220 Z87-G45 8Gb@2400 HD6450 120Gb+240Gb+2*3Tb

i have z-87-G45 for about 2-3 months... bougth it used.(the orginal owner bought it in the beginning of 2014)..always worked well..not a single problem....but....

couple days ago.. i tried to start my computer in the morning... after 0.5s it shuts down.. i can see the purple audio boost for 0.5sec and the fans trying to go round.....

i changed the power supply from my second comuputer... it's the same. (have chieftec 600 and 650w)
i removed everything...but CPU and memory...it's the same....

i'm almost sure it's something wrong with the MB...
any ideas before i send it back??

(by the way i'm from finland)

edit1... i bought MSI MB 1150 m-ATX H81M-P33... will try it next week (to outrule possible broken processor)

Permalänk
Skrivet av 0xdeadbeef:

Hello MSI! I posted this question in the old thread before it was moved here:

I'm about to purchase a new motherboard and the MSI Z97 XPower AC seems to be a great choice for me. I'm heavily invested into water cooling and hope to use this motherboard with my existing cooling equipment. This means I'm planning to use the built in water cooling heatsink on the motherboard and connect it to my already installed pump and radiators.

However, I need to know the materials of the built in water cooling heatsink before I can use it. The reason being is galvanic corrosion that occurs if you mix copper and aluminium (goggle galvanic corrosion copper aluminum pc water cooling and look at the images). It's a well known fact in the PC water cooling community that if you mix copper and aluminium in the same loop you will have galvanic corrosion and subsequently destroy your equipment. As I have all copper and stainless steel in my existing water cooling loops, I'm worried there is aluminium in contact with the water inside the motherboard's heatsink.

I need to know, with 100 percent certainty, the materials of the water channel inside the water cooling heatsink before I buy the MSI Z97 XPower AC.

I hope you can help me, many thanks in advance!

Sorry for the late reply.
The inside of the heatsinks and fittings are phosphorus copper (99.9% copper, 0.015% Phosphor).

Permalänk
Skrivet av Dual-Tjur:

G3220 Z87-G45 8Gb@2400 HD6450 120Gb+240Gb+2*3Tb

i have z-87-G45 for about 2-3 months... bougth it used.(the orginal owner bought it in the beginning of 2014)..always worked well..not a single problem....but....

couple days ago.. i tried to start my computer in the morning... after 0.5s it shuts down.. i can see the purple audio boost for 0.5sec and the fans trying to go round.....

i changed the power supply from my second comuputer... it's the same. (have chieftec 600 and 650w)
i removed everything...but CPU and memory...it's the same....

i'm almost sure it's something wrong with the MB...
any ideas before i send it back??

(by the way i'm from finland)

edit1... i bought MSI MB 1150 m-ATX H81M-P33... will try it next week (to outrule possible broken processor)

You already made good start by trying another PSU but you can test soem more if you want.

I would first try to boot as bare as possible. Try removing anything that isn't necessary for booting to bios.
Just connect, PSU, MB, CPU, Memory, display (onboard graphics).
If it boot start buildingit from there.
If it doesn't boot try the components like CPU and memory in the H81-P33 you have ordered, to see if those componentes are ok.
If those work in that board, the Z87-G45 has broken down.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Ruudt:

You already made good start by trying another PSU but you can test soem more if you want.

I would first try to boot as bare as possible. Try removing anything that isn't necessary for booting to bios.
Just connect, PSU, MB, CPU, Memory, display (onboard graphics).
If it boot start buildingit from there.
If it doesn't boot try the components like CPU and memory in the H81-P33 you have ordered, to see if those componentes are ok.
If those work in that board, the Z87-G45 has broken down.

yes, i did exactly so as you wrote

now, only question left i have ....if the CPU is broken... how does usually the Mb work?
i think i had a cpu broken once... (duron 800 or long time ago ) .. when cpu was broken , then nothing started at all on the MB... no fans, no sign of life....now it's life for 0.5-1s...

Permalänk
Skrivet av Dual-Tjur:

yes, i did exactly so as you wrote

now, only question left i have ....if the CPU is broken... how does usually the Mb work?
i think i had a cpu broken once... (duron 800 or long time ago ) .. when cpu was broken , then nothing started at all on the MB... no fans, no sign of life....now it's life for 0.5-1s...

I wouldn't say the cpu is alive for 0.5-1second. (I still think the chance is higher that the motherboard is borken than the CPU_
In an exceptional case if the CPU would be completely broken and acts like a short-circuit, the board may power up for a brief moment before the over-current-protection kicks in.
It is also possible that the CPU still works for some part but cannot run properly anymore (e.g. if it boots sometimes to bios but never to Windows).

To see if the CPU iworks 100% or not, you need to test it in another board to be sure.
If you cannot get another board to try you can also send the Z87-G45 motherboard RMA through the shop and test the board you get as a replacement.
Or ask the shop to test it for you.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Ruudt:

I wouldn't say the cpu is alive for 0.5-1second. (I still think the chance is higher that the motherboard is borken than the CPU_
In an exceptional case if the CPU would be completely broken and acts like a short-circuit, the board may power up for a brief moment before the over-current-protection kicks in.
It is also possible that the CPU still works for some part but cannot run properly anymore (e.g. if it boots sometimes to bios but never to Windows).

To see if the CPU iworks 100% or not, you need to test it in another board to be sure.
If you cannot get another board to try you can also send the Z87-G45 motherboard RMA through the shop and test the board you get as a replacement.

thanks for the nice answer.

i will test a new MB this week then we will know for sure...bought a msi h81..i need my first computer to work anyway.
i also reseted cmos and removed the battery for a while but it's still the same. (i think my cpu was undervolted a little...(0.98v vs 1.07v) but no other major modifications in bios)

Permalänk
Skrivet av Dual-Tjur:

thanks for the nice answer.

i will test a new MB this week then we will know for sure...bought a msi h81..i need my first computer to work anyway.
i also reseted cmos and removed the battery for a while but it's still the same. (i think my cpu was undervolted a little...(0.98v vs 1.07v) but no other major modifications in bios)

Fluctuations in CPU voltage are not uncommon. Usually the voltage chances when the frequency chances or if the CPU enters a different power state.
If you want to test your CPU, I recommend you try Prime95 using the Blend test: http://www.mersenne.org/download/
This tool will offer a high workload to the CPU and if it generates error you'll see it.

Permalänk
Skrivet av MSI_Leon:

Fluctuations in CPU voltage are not uncommon. Usually the voltage chances when the frequency chances or if the CPU enters a different power state.
If you want to test your CPU, I recommend you try Prime95 using the Blend test: http://www.mersenne.org/download/
This tool will offer a high workload to the CPU and if it generates error you'll see it.

i tested burning tests when it was working. .(aida64 and prime95).. i want to have 100% silent computers..that's why i did ithe undervoltage. I don't play games so the cpu is almost never pushed 100%. never had a single error..

i have got the new Msi MB. i will test it tomorrow.

Permalänk

Det ultimata moderkortet?

Bryter tillfälligt mot våra egna föreskrifter och skriver detta inlägg på svenska Denna del av forumet har nu varit uppe i en månads tid och vi på MSI är mycket glada för alla frågor och kommentarer vi fått så här långt! Era åsikter är väldigt värdefull för oss och vi är övertygade om att vi med hjälp av er feedback kan bli bättre. Och det är precis därför vi nu bjuder in till ett Power User Event i Stockholm den 28 augusti!

Lite av det som står på programmet:
- Exklusiv preview av X99 – se de nya moderkorten innan den officiella lanseringen!
- Berätta vad som är viktigt för dig - ge feedback och diskutera produktutveckling direkt med våra produktansvariga samt andra power-users
- Möjlighet att bli testare av våra komponenter – få testexemplar direkt med dig hem
- Chans att vinna produktpriser

Vi bjuder naturligtvis på lunch, fika och snacks och dagen avslutas med en rolig aktivitet där fina priser står på spel. Och som tack får alla deltagare givetvis en välfylld goodie-bag med sig hem.

Låter detta intressant? Skicka då ett meddelande till mig för mer information alt. skicka ett mail till nordics-forum@msi.com.
Men skynda på – bara ett begränsat antal platser!

Permalänk
Medlem

Z77A-GD65 Gaming Mic volume low

Hi i cant seem to get my mic to work properly. I use an Steelseries 7H and when i try to use my headset mic with like skype the volume is really low even when i have it on 100. I have tried to download the latest Realtek driver but it does not work. I had the same exact problem with my P67A-GD65 that I had before. I have tried my headset on my HP probook laptop and it works fine there. Any help would be appreciated.

Visa signatur

MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming | Intel Core i5 2500K | Corsair 16GB 1600MHz VENGEANCE PRO | ASUS GTX 1070 Ti | Corsair H80i | Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB | Fractal newton R2 800W | Fractal Define R3.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Frecked:

Hi i cant seem to get my mic to work properly. I use an Steelseries 7H and when i try to use my headset mic with like skype the volume is really low even when i have it on 100. I have tried to download the latest Realtek driver but it does not work. I had the same exact problem with my P67A-GD65 that I had before. I have tried my headset on my HP probook laptop and it works fine there. Any help would be appreciated.

Please connect the microphone to the pink connector and set the Microphone recording volume to 100% and Mic Boost to 30dB and try again.

(if you prefer you can also select Noise Suppression)

I have tried a SteelSeries Siberia V2 on Z77 MPOWER (which also has a ALC898 codec) and with Mic recording volume at 100% and Mic Boost at 30dB and it seems to be alright (this headset also has a weaker mic sensitivity).

You can easily test it with SoundRecorder in Windows.
When the volume is OK in Soundrecorder test with Skype and uncheck "Automatically adjust your Microphone Volume"
http://community.skype.com/t5/Modern-Windows-archive/Skype-microphone-issue/m-p/1374578/highlight/true#M10366

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Ruudt:

Please connect the microphone to the pink connector and set the Microphone recording volume to 100% and Mic Boost to 30dB and try again.
http://faenl.msi.com/index.php?dir=Forum/&file=Realtek_Audio_...

(if you prefer you can also select Noise Suppression)

I have tried a SteelSeries Siberia V2 on Z77 MPOWER (which also has a ALC898 codec) and with Mic recording volume at 100% and Mic Boost at 30dB and it seems to be alright (this headset also has a weaker mic sensitivity).

You can easily test it with SoundRecorder in Windows.
When the volume is OK in Soundrecorder test with Skype and uncheck "Automatically adjust your Microphone Volume"
http://community.skype.com/t5/Modern-Windows-archive/Skype-microphone-issue/m-p/1374578/highlight/true#M10366

It works fine when i use +30dB boost and noise suppression if I dont use it the sound quality is really bad and you can hear anyone that is in my room talking. Last night i tried to plug in my headset into my HP probook 4330s laptop and just put the mic volume on 100 and 0dB boost it sounded much better then on my desktop. My problem is why do i need to use mic boost to get my mic volume to a good level when i use the realtek hd manager?

Visa signatur

MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming | Intel Core i5 2500K | Corsair 16GB 1600MHz VENGEANCE PRO | ASUS GTX 1070 Ti | Corsair H80i | Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD | Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB | Fractal newton R2 800W | Fractal Define R3.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Ruudt:

H81 worked well. it booted fine so the other hardware is 100% fine. (unfurtunatelly i couldn't load windows due to hardware change...when i upgraded from Lga775 p5q-e q6600 it worked well!!)

i will send it back to jimms where it was orginally bought in february 2014. I assume only the motherboard is enough? no need to send cables backplate manual?

Permalänk
Skrivet av Dual-Tjur:

H81 worked well. it booted fine so the other hardware is 100% fine. (unfurtunatelly i couldn't load windows due to hardware change...when i upgraded from Lga775 p5q-e q6600 it worked well!!)

i will send it back to jimms where it was orginally bought in february 2014. I assume only the motherboard is enough? no need to send cables backplate manual?

For MSI RMA only the motherboard is required. I don't know if Jimms needs the other accessories (but I assume not), better check with Jimms to make sure.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Frecked:

It works fine when i use +30dB boost and noise suppression if I dont use it the sound quality is really bad and you can hear anyone that is in my room talking. Last night i tried to plug in my headset into my HP probook 4330s laptop and just put the mic volume on 100 and 0dB boost it sounded much better then on my desktop. My problem is why do i need to use mic boost to get my mic volume to a good level when i use the realtek hd manager?

If boost +30dB picks up people in the background then sensitivity isn't the issue in your situation.
Better turn down the Mic Boost to +10dB (or tun it off completely).

For every microphone + analog sound card, you have to test what works best for that particular combination.
Since Skype by defaults automatically adjusts volume it's hard to use for calibration (or you have to turn the automatic adjust off).

If you experience echos it might also help if you turn off "listening to this device" for Microphone as described here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-pi...

Permalänk
Medlem

Hi,

I bought a MSI B85I m-ITX motherboard a couple if weeks ago and today when I tried to activate Windows bitlocker on Win 8.1 it say that it doesn't have TPM (Trusted Platform Module).
Doesn't this board come with the TPM feature!?! Or is it something I would havet to do to activate it?

Visa signatur

AMD 1090T // Vulcan 1866MHz 7-10-10-29 // HD6950 2GB // Crucial M4 128GB // Seasonic S12 500w (inköpt 2006)
Laptop Acer 17": Intel 3210M // 8GB Ram // GT640M // Samsung 830 256GB
Laptop MSI 17": Intel 4200H // 8GB Ram // GTX850 // Samsung 830 256GB
Laptop Lenovo: AMD 7640HS // 16GB RAM // RTX4060 // Samsung 960Pro 512GB

Permalänk
Skrivet av Lehto:

Hi,

I bought a MSI B85I m-ITX motherboard a couple if weeks ago and today when I tried to activate Windows bitlocker on Win 8.1 it say that it doesn't have TPM (Trusted Platform Module).
Doesn't this board come with the TPM feature!?! Or is it something I would havet to do to activate it?

In order to use Bitlocker the mainboard indeed needs to contain a TPM module. The B85I does not have a TPM pinheader to place a TPM module so this model is not able to support Bitlocker.
The B85I Gaming offers a TPM pinheader where a TPM module can be place on.