Permalänk

HX750 Died within 2h.

4h ago I bought a HX750 to replace my old PSU.
After installing it in it took 2h of "idle" use for it to die, the PSU restarts every 3-4s, I replaced it with another PSU and now the computer works fine...

This is really bad, isn't there any production tests?
Now I have to drive back to the store to return it again...

EDIT: Apparently it wasnt the PSU, se later post.

Visa signatur

Elektriska komponenter placerade i en stållåda.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Cant you just take the money and buy a different psu?

Permalänk

Thats my plan, but I wanted to warn everyone else about it...
EDIT: I was in error, please disregard this statement.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
99:e percentilen
Skrivet av 13th.Marine:

Thats my plan, but I wanted to warn everyone else about it...

Jag har samma PSU, och den har funkat skitbra hela tiden. Det är en mycket bra PSU. Du har fått ett felaktigt exemplar.

Visa signatur

Skrivet med hjälp av Better SweClockers

Permalänk

HurMycket: Jadu, det är trots allt en forumdel för Corsairs produkter...

"Corsair,
Fråga Corsair om produkter i företagets sortiment. På engelska."

Visa signatur

Permalänk

As in most productions nowadays you can't expect to get every single product fully tested with a propern burn-in and analysis, especially not consumer-grade products. Shit happens, but good proof that Corsair hold a fine quality still is that your computer is undamaged by the failed PSU as they use good protection circuitry.

Visa signatur

Enter the Wired, you'll like it here • Sönderbyggd ITX-låda: i5 3570, 8GB DDR3, GT1030 2GB GDDR5, 1TB CX500, BluRay-RW, världens knöligaste låda med extern PSU •

Permalänk

It seems I was to rash (and a bit harsh) to blame the PSU for this error, the same thing happened 30min after i changed PSU again (even though it ran yesterday).

The error have changed some appearance, when starting it it quickly reboots and then stops rebooting (the only things mounted are MB, CPU + Cooler)

HurMycket: Apology accepted, we can all make errors (apparently )
Chaos Maniac: Im well aware of that you cant test it that well, but some smaller testing to flush out simple errors should be done (even though this apparentley was the case here...)

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

*Tråd rensad*

On topic the HX series specially the 750w and 850w design (its CWT for all v2 modells, the old ones i think some were seasonic)

The older design was extremely robust and high quality all together. The newer ones have higher efficiency and some other upgraded features. I haven't used any off the V2 but as far as i know they are still premium high quality products.

You can of course had some bad luck with your sample or there might been something else wrong with your system, but as a series i think the HX is still in general a very good choice for a PSU

Visa signatur

Kontakta mig direkt vid frågor om eller synpunkter på min moderering.
Glöm inte att tala om vilken tråd ditt ärende gäller.
Kontaktvägar: via PM eller via E-post: michaswe@sweclockers.com
Mina System: HePC och Gaming

Permalänk

An quick update, the error seemed to be overheating of the CPU, probably caused by the thermal paste supplied with the cooler (Corsair Hydro H100i).

The PSU seems to be running nice and doesn't have the coil whine I have in my cheaper Corsair PSU.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

The paste on the H100i is good, you'd only see maybe 1-2C better from a premium paste (if anything). It would likely more be due to the mount to the CPU not being secure. Glad the PSU is working nicely!

Visa signatur
Permalänk

I mounted the cooling according to the instructions, fastening as tight as I could, I mounted it the same way in the now working condition. It is only speculation from my side, and I doubt we'll come to any real conclusions in that matter.

Visa signatur