Minor Corsair HS1 Issues.

Permalänk

Minor Corsair HS1 Issues.

So I recently bought the HS1 headset and overall I am very pleased with it.
I paid enough to feel 'guaranteed' of a good product and while it is a good product indeed there are a few things I'd like to say.

When there is no sound from the computer, as in music, games or whatever, the headset has a tiny tiny beeping-noise, it comes and goes.. This can get very annoying but I doubt that many people can even hear them. (I have always protected my ears very well throughout my life to preserve a decent ammount of hearing!)

And two.
The material Corsair choice for the earmuffs, earpads or whatever is very, strange...
It can get a little itchy and it feels a little strange when you touch it and wear it, I read in the manual and on the website that the earmuffs are replaceable so whenever I'm able to purchase a different set I will, as long as the material is different.
(Note, I'm talking about the material that is in contact with the ears / around the ears, not the material IN the muffs.)

These are my two issues, is the beeping noise unique for my headset only or is it like this for everyone?

Permalänk
Medlem

hmm, Im going to hijack this thread alittle.

sins I got My HS-1 (which i love) My computer have frozen up 2 times. it just stops and dont respond to any thing. I have to unplugg it to turn it off. I think it might be something with the driver.

you can see my system in my signature.

Visa signatur

| ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.7Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-24 |
| ATi Radeon HD 6950@6970 (900|1350Mhz @ 1.14v) | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Corsair HX 650W |
| Nvidia's GT300 yields are less than 2% | Min ArmA2 YouTube Kanal |

Permalänk
Corsair

You'll probably get used to the fabric. I certainly find it much more comfortable than 'leatherette' pads, but keep an eye on the Corsair store for replacement pads. The fabric was actually chosen partly because it actually helped with the overall frequency response of the HS1. Believe it or not, the original design had a funky purple fabric (I had a model that used it), which actually sucked out a little of the mid-band.

As for the beeping noise, can you give me you system spec (motherboard and OS mainly) and I'll check it out.

Regarding the second question from The Mupp, I would say it's either that driver isn't installed correctly or perhaps there's some issue with your USB configuration? We didn't test on XP Server, though there shouldn't be a massive difference.

Try uninstalling and then reboot and re-install, but disable anti-virus first (then re-enable afterwards).

Gareth.

Visa signatur
Permalänk

Motherboard: MSI P7N Zilent.

Permalänk
Corsair

The tiny noises could be noise/interference on the USB power line, in which case I would suggest trying a different USB port, or maybe even using a decent external USB hub.

Visa signatur
Permalänk

I have a logitech G15 which has a USB hub, It's only USB 1.1 if I recall correctly, would this be enough?

Permalänk
Corsair

Try it and see...

Visa signatur
Permalänk

Yeah I completely facepalmed after I read what I had written...
It did however not work and there was no difference between switching usb-ports.

I don't know if it makes any difference but, even if I have my speakers as main output (IE all sound comes out from my speakers.) the beeping is still there every now and then.

Permalänk
Medlem

I've had the same problem as you lluvbread , but i think the problem was that it got some kind of interferance in the main usb / audio ports because i missplaced som cables on the motherboard... if you have the manual you can always check that out

Edit: I don't mean Corsair HS1 but in general i've hade the same problem which is in the motherboard probably

Visa signatur

Main: Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1200, i9 13900K, Asus TUF OC 3090Ti, 32GB @5600, Z690 Gigabyte Aorus Elite Pro, Kingston KC3000 2TB

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

You'll probably get used to the fabric. I certainly find it much more comfortable than 'leatherette' pads, but keep an eye on the Corsair store for replacement pads. The fabric was actually chosen partly because it actually helped with the overall frequency response of the HS1. Believe it or not, the original design had a funky purple fabric (I had a model that used it), which actually sucked out a little of the mid-band.

As for the beeping noise, can you give me you system spec (motherboard and OS mainly) and I'll check it out.

Regarding the second question from The Mupp, I would say it's either that driver isn't installed correctly or perhaps there's some issue with your USB configuration? We didn't test on XP Server, though there shouldn't be a massive difference.

Try uninstalling and then reboot and re-install, but disable anti-virus first (then re-enable afterwards).

Gareth.

it havent happend anymore so it consider it working fine atm. but I have noticed that the cord always coil up on it self ALOT by it self and its very anyoing. you guys might want to look in to that I can take a picture of it if needed.

Visa signatur

| ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.7Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-24 |
| ATi Radeon HD 6950@6970 (900|1350Mhz @ 1.14v) | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Corsair HX 650W |
| Nvidia's GT300 yields are less than 2% | Min ArmA2 YouTube Kanal |

Permalänk

I have a similar or maby it's the same issue, but I would describe the sound as a crackling(sprakande) if some one could traslate better please do so

It's a shame because the HS1 are the best headset I have ever had the plesure of using, utter perfection for a person with glasses

Permalänk
Corsair

Try a powered USB hub, or changing USB ports. I'm glad you find the HS1 comfy while wearing glasses. The audio Product Manager wears glasses, and one of his "must have" features was that it would be comfortable for people wearing glasses (like him!).

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Asheileon:

I have a similar or maby it's the same issue, but I would describe the sound as a crackling(sprakande) if some one could traslate better please do so

It's a shame because the HS1 are the best headset I have ever had the plesure of using, utter perfection for a person with glasses

I have the same problem actually. It was fine until i re-formated my computer. It worked fine before on Windows 7, and now I also use Windows 7. I've installed the drivers that could be found on the offical Corsair Forums, maybe I got another version on the CD Corsair sent. Anyhow, these crackling noises is driving me mad. I've lost the driver CD that came with the HS1 and I'm wondering if it's the same drivers on the CD as the ones you can find here:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=90480

Visa signatur

[Intel i7 4770K] [ GTX 1070] [Asus ROG VI Gene] [Corsair AX860] [Corsair 16GB Vengeance LP] [120GBIntel 520] [Bitfenix Phenom M]

Citera för svar

Permalänk
Corsair

The files on the website are the same as on the CD, so try reinstalling. Make sure you disable anti-virus for the install, and install in admin mode. If it worked fine before then it should work fine this time too!

Are the motherboard chipset driver files the same as you had installed previously?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Hello!

I also have some issues with my HS1. When using any USB port on the computer itself I always get the crackling sound sooner or later. I tried connecting the headset to my monitor USB hub, which removes the crackling sound, but after a while (10-15 minutes) the HS1 will start muting and unmuting itself (sound is muting, dunno about the mic) The muting only lasts for a few tenths of a second, but it is long enough to be annoying. When it is muting, the blue light on the volume control flickers on and off.

I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the headset, but it does not help. Only a reboot will help.

I haven't tried using a stand-alone powered USB hub, but I'm guessing the monitor hub counts as one.

Permalänk
Medlem

Small update which might interest anyone with an ASUS mobo. I realized EPU-6 Engine was installed and I knew it fiddles with some power settings automatically, if you set it up that way. I never thought it would mess up the USBs though, because after I uninstalled it my HS1 started functioning much better.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Solon:

Small update which might interest anyone with an ASUS mobo. I realized EPU-6 Engine was installed and I knew it fiddles with some power settings automatically, if you set it up that way. I never thought it would mess up the USBs though, because after I uninstalled it my HS1 started functioning much better.

Uninstall all Asus software since its all very crap. Everytime i tried something from their motherboards it make my system go wonkers. So if you got any temperature or oc softvare from then uninstall and see if that solves your problem.

Visa signatur

Arch - Makepkg, not war -||- Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master -||- GSkill 64GiB DDR4 14-14-15-35-1T 3600Mhz -||- AMD 5900x-||- Gigabyte RX6900XT -||- 2x Adata XPG sx8200 Pro 1TB -||- EVGA G2 750W -||- Corsair 570x -||- O2+ODAC-||- Sennheiser HD-650 -|| Boycott EA,2K,Activision,Ubisoft,WB,EGS
Arch Linux, one hell of a distribution.