Premiär! Fyndchans i SweClockers Månadens Drop

Corsair 860I screws hitting the PCB!

Permalänk

Corsair 860I screws hitting the PCB!

Hello, mine 860i have worked perfectly For about 5 months bur i have only been using Three screws because one of the screws dosent go all in the screw is hitting on the pcb... So i wonder if this can damage the power supply? The screw have damaged the pcb a little bit on the side before i figured out something was wrong, Sorry for bad english (also i use standard PSU screws that came with my case) Regards, Didrik

Permalänk
Skrivet av DataDidde:

Hello, mine 860i have worked perfectly For about 5 months bur i have only been using Three screws because one of the screws dosent go all in the screw is hitting on the pcb... So i wonder if this can damage the power supply? The screw have damaged the pcb a little bit on the side before i figured out something was wrong, Sorry for bad english (also i use standard PSU screws that came with my case) Regards, Didrik

Firstly I assume you are speaking about an AX860i Corsair PSU, right?

What PCB are you referring to? Is it the components inside the PSU that has been damaged? Or does the screws that hold the PSU go straight onto the motherboard?

Permalänk
Skrivet av SupaBeast:

Firstly I assume you are speaking about an AX860i Corsair PSU, right?

What PCB are you referring to? Is it the components inside the PSU that has been damaged? Or does the screws that hold the PSU go straight onto the motherboard?

im referring to the pcb inside the psu wich you can see from the back of the PSU, and im referring to the screws you attatch the power supply to the case with.

Permalänk

I think that if your PSU hasn't broken yet, it probably won't until it ages and dies like all other aged psu's. And the pcb inside the PSU is a little less fragile than for example a motherboard pcb. Which means you have to damage it quite badly for any effect to be seen.

Of-course you could get really unlucky, but I think you'll be fine. And If it would break, I think Corsair won't accept a RMA, as they would refer to "user caused damage" most likely.

About the screws, were there no screws that came with the PSU itself? They could be shorter than the ones you have. If there were screws that came with the PSU and they were to long as well I think Corsair would be happy to get to know about it as it would count as a construction fault.

Permalänk
Skrivet av SupaBeast:

I think that if your PSU hasn't broken yet, it probably won't until it ages and dies like all other aged psu's. And the pcb inside the PSU is a little less fragile than for example a motherboard pcb. Which means you have to damage it quite badly for any effect to be seen.

Of-course you could get really unlucky, but I think you'll be fine. And If it would break, I think Corsair won't accept a RMA, as they would refer to "user caused damage" most likely.

About the screws, were there no screws that came with the PSU itself? They could be shorter than the ones you have. If there were screws that came with the PSU and they were to long as well I think Corsair would be happy to get to know about it as it would count as a construction fault.

Well i cant quite remeber, but i quess its other screws because i cant find anyone with the same issue... Well thanks for the help!

Permalänk
Corsair

How far is that one screw hitting the PCB? If its pressing hard and putting some pressuer on the PCB, then I would suggest that you do not use that screw to secure your PSU. It wouldn't cause damage to the PSU if its barely touching it, plus, to be honest with you, 3 screws are more than enough to secure the PSU to the C70 case.

Permalänk

I have the same problem, posted a thread at the Corsair Forum a while ago: http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113241. First i thought i was the only one with this issue, but now there is other users reporting the same issue. I damaged the pcb a bit (markings from the screw, not that deep) and was wondering, if the PSU fails in the future will Corsair approve an RMA or is this a user caused damage?

I used the screws that came with the PSU in an Antec 1200 case. RAM GUY told me to send the PSU to them and get a new one, but it felt silly since i was the only one with this issue and i thought it could be because of my case.

Permalänk
Corsair

RAMGUY probably wanted to see how much the screws are pressed on the PCB. Ultimately, I don't think that we would decline an RMA because the screws are pressed hard to the PCB, but of course under the condition that the PSU is unopened. If you are not comfortable with this, we can always get the PSU replaced via RMA anytime.

Permalänk
Medlem

Hi. I have the same problem as ConTigent, but on the ax760i + my is broken.
Go to ConTigent´s thread at Corsar forum to see pictures.

Visa signatur

Spel: Corsair 280X - X570i - R9-3900x - 16GB@3200Mhz - 240GB + 1TB NVME - R5700XT
FilServer: FD Node 804 - X570M - R3-3200G - 16GB@3200Mhz # Nvidia Shield 16GB v2 # Sony XZ2 Compact # Toshiba Encore WT8

Permalänk
Corsair

Sorry to hear that Kantal.

I have discussed this issue with our Engineering and Marketing team. We've determined that these reported cases where the screw is hitting the PCB inside the PSU is nothing more than a cosmetic problem and will be corrected with the later batches. Otherwise, and there are no components, critical or otherwise, in the proximity of this screw hole. the contact with the PCB from a screw is known to have no effect on the performance and longevity of the unit.

But as I have stated before, if you are not comfortable with this, you can always submit an RMA for a replacement.