Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

[SIZE="6"]MetallicAcid's TJ07 (working title)

Proudly sponsored by:

Södertälje Specialsnickeri AB Sweden

Welcome to my third project!! [/SIZE]

In this project, I have planned this project to include the Silverstone Temjin TJ07S, a timeless classic of premium case. I have had an ongoing community driven planning phase over a couple of months, where I have received feedback from the public, and tried to turn that feedback into a 3D render. I have really enjoyed the entire process, and learnt many new techniques along the way.

I know that this particular case has been modded probably 1,000,001 times now, so creating a TJ07 that stands out from an already well saturated crowd is already hard enough to do. To make this build even better than my previous projects is an even bigger challenge.

Update 2014/03/06

Hello everybody! I know this has been a long time coming

It is with great excitement that I announce that the project has now officially been started! I am building this project for Demis, a friend of mine. He had fallen in love with the project, and the ideas which I had visualized with the aid of SketchUp and Skindigo - 3D modelling and rendering software.

There had been discussions between Demis and I regarding the colour and overall theme of this build, and in the end we both thought that a blacked out stealth build, with subtle gold highlights, with an overall monolithic feel with a simple exterior and neat interior was the best option for this project. The colour scheme comes from the X79 ASUS motherboard. I would like to now show you a visual representation of how this project will probably look like:

This project may take some time to complete. This is a good thing in my opinion as it means that I can plan every detail to perfection, and execute those plans into reality with ease and minimal stress.

This will be a watercooled project, but in stages. Stage 1 for the watercooling will include just the CPU, with the GPU being air cooled. Stage 2 of the watercooling will include a 2nd GPU with both being watercooled. So you can expect a Rev.1 and Rev.2 of this project over the coming months.

Here comes a list of things that I plan to do with this mod:

Fabricate
X Custom made midplate
X Custom made reservoir wall
X Acrylic window for top of case
X Acrylic windows for side panels

Modify
X Extend window for top of case
X Window opening on side panels
X Pass-through holes in midplate for hard tubing
X New power button
X Sleeve PSU

Prepare for painting
X TJ07 case
X Custom made midplate

Paint
X TJ07 case
X Custom made midplate
X GPU shrouds

Install
X Cold Zero parts
X Water cooling parts
X PC components

I hope you have enjoyed the news. We are both super excited about this project, and want to see it to perfection. I hope you stick around for future updates!

With best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

Update links:

Update 1 - Parts ordered and modding begins.
Update 2 - Midplate Progress
Update 3 - Angled plate
Update 4 - Cold Zero
Update 5 - Motherboard fitting
Update 6 - Top window cut out
Update 7 - GPU shrouds
Update 8 - Side window complete and Icemodz sponsor
Update 9 - Acrylic windows milled
Update 10 - Silverstone sponsor and unboxing Strider ST1200G
Update 11 - Installed front panel, glued into place and installed vandal switch
Update 12 - EK Delivery
Update 13 - Soldering guide and molex complete
Update 14 - PSU cables sleeved
Update 15 - Inet joins as sponsor
Update 16 - EK lends a hand
Update 17 - Hardware update
Update 18 - Another hardware update
Update 19 - Case is back from powder coaters
Update 20 - Sponsor update/fans installed/EKWB monoblock installed
Update 21 - Sponsor update
Update 22 - EKWB GPU blocks and reservoir installation
Update 23 - Piping up the loop
Update 24 - Final photos/Project finished

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Final Photos

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Hello guys and girls!

I have decided on modding my TJ07S case which I already own. I am working on a design in sketchup, and trying to work out colours and theme.

Here is the photo tour of the exterior of my TJ07S:

Some early renders of the TJ07S and playing with ideas:

I know it isn't much, but it's a start!
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Real nice!

Permalänk

Exiting!

Visa signatur

Chassi: Silverstone Temjin TJ08B-E | RAM: Corsair LP 8gb @ 1600MHz | Moderkort: Asus Z87 Gryphon | GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 780 OC 3gb | CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4 GHz | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Lagring: x2 Samsung 840 Pro 256gb i RAID 0 |

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av TomDaMuffin:

Too bad you're leaving. You'll miss out on all the fun.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Mars SSX:

Bästa idag ! Keep up the good work Acid

Visa signatur

[Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro, Ryzen 5700X, G.skill Trident 3600, AMD 6600XT]

Permalänk

This will be interesting. Love this case since it's full of different ways to mod it. Hope to see something with lightning like your tj08.

Permalänk
Avstängd

Metallic, will you be posting your 350D worklog here as well?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av k-tuning:

Real nice!

Cheers K!

Skrivet av TomDaMuffin:

Where are you going?

Skrivet av Mars SSX:

Hahaha, you beat me to it

Skrivet av ante_ante:

Bästa idag ! Keep up the good work Acid

Cheers Ante!

Skrivet av Bacontree:

This will be interesting. Love this case since it's full of different ways to mod it. Hope to see something with lightning like your tj08.

Thanks for looking Bacon! I do want to try something new for this build, so I do not think that I will do the SupremeFX III soundcard design on this build.

Skrivet av Mars SSX:

Metallic, will you be posting your 350D worklog here as well?

I actually do not own a Corsair 350D. I was considering buying one, but then decided to mod my TJ07 which I already have standing at home and save some money. If I am to buy a 350D one day, I will be super hyped to do the motherboard rotation mod like in the render I released on OCN.

Thank you everyone for checking out my build log so far. I know it isn't much just yet, but it will grow. I have 3 renders to post up later today, so stay tuned
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

I have decided to have a reverse ATX setup with this build. This will mean a new motherboard plate and case backing plate, which attaches to the motherboard, will have to be fabricated to allow the change. Here are some more renders of what I had thought.

I have decided to use acrylic tubing (again) if I am able to together parts for this build. At the moment, I am broke, and currently looking to mod just the case. I will only complete the build IF I can scrape together the funds.

Does anyone have any opinions of the build so far?
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

I have decided to have a reverse ATX setup with this build. This will mean a new motherboard plate and case backing plate, which attaches to the motherboard, will have to be fabricated to allow the change. Here are some more renders of what I had thought.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ075_...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ076_...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ077_...

I have decided to use acrylic tubing (again) if I am able to together parts for this build. At the moment, I am broke, and currently looking to mod just the case. I will only complete the build IF I can scrape together the funds.

Does anyone have any opinions of the build so far?
MetallicAcid

I have an idee that might look good, if u build a plate in the top that the tube goes in to, like the tube from the cpu does.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av tobbelias1:

I have an idee that might look good, if u build a plate in the top that the tube goes in to, like the tube from the cpu does.

Thanks for the suggestion. I had already been working on a solution to incorporate this idea The result is in the next post.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Some more playing around in Sketchup has resulted in some plumbing for the GPU's and the reservoirs.

And I am finally starting work on a design concept. This is something that I have knocked up, but I think that it is too plain.

Has anyone any thoughts, tips, suggestions regarding these renders? Please let me know!
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

Some more playing around in Sketchup has resulted in some plumbing for the GPU's and the reservoirs.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ0710...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ078_...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ0712...

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ0711...

And I am finally starting work on a design concept. This is something that I have knocked up, but I think that it is too plain.
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/TJ079_...

Has anyone any thoughts, tips, suggestions regarding these renders? Please let me know!
MetallicAcid

If you powdercoat it in white then you've got a Murderbox contender. Heck, I'd be willing to scrape out a good amount of money for such a case had it been available for us!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

The thing is with the case, I have no plans to put hardware in it as I have no budget to buy parts. I am looking to mod it, and then sell it...

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

The thing is with the case, I have no plans to put hardware in it as I have no budget to buy parts. I am looking to mod it, and then sell it...

MetallicAcid

Sell it? Oh sweet, how much are you looking to get?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

I have no idea. I will have to consider that once the modding has started to take form. Most materials I already own, so I would just pay extra for the painting. But, if you are interested, maybe I can make a couple of renders to incorporate design options that you might be interested in seeing.

This can be like Sweden's answer to MurderMod!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag som trodde du skulle köra på samma chassi som jag
Följer denna tråd och ser fram emot mer bilder! har två st 90 graders kopplingar 13/10 som du kan få om du vill!

Och om du moddar den sen säljer, så har du mig som köpare!

Visa signatur

Det värsta som kan hända är döden, allt annat kan jag leva med!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Havocboy:

Jag som trodde du skulle köra på samma chassi som jag
Följer denna tråd och ser fram emot mer bilder! har två st 90 graders kopplingar 13/10 som du kan få om du vill!

Och om du moddar den sen säljer, så har du mig som köpare!

Cheers Havoc

I didn't want to show up your first mod with your AIR540 with my pimped out 540 But seriously though, I have no money to buy new hardware, so just modding what I already have will have to do.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

I have no idea. I will have to consider that once the modding has started to take form. Most materials I already own, so I would just pay extra for the painting. But, if you are interested, maybe I can make a couple of renders to incorporate design options that you might be interested in seeing.

This can be like Sweden's answer to MurderMod!

MetallicAcid

How about coming up with a mesh-like design in the front that allows for a 240/280 or a 360 radiator?

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Mars SSX:

How about coming up with a mesh-like design in the front that allows for a 240/280 or a 360 radiator?

Cool. I can try and design it in today

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Cool. I can try and design it in today

MetallicAcid

Yeah, i do think so to. This case is so deep it would look a bit empty if you remove the 5.25" bays. If you're selling this i hope you not going for the Murderbox price.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hehe. paying almost 8500kr (1200USD) for a case is a crazy sum to pay. But you never know, someone might buy my modded case for that much

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Hehe. paying almost 8500kr (1200USD) for a case is a crazy sum to pay. But you never know, someone might buy my modded case for that much

MetallicAcid

I was about to press the purchase button a few times but held off knowing that I'd barely have any money left over for watercoolin gear.

Permalänk
Medlem

This looks amazing. Great job man.

Visa signatur

14700k @ Stock . 32GB @ 4000MHz . 3070 @ +100/+800MHz
240+360 rad custom loop

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Mars SSX:

I was about to press the purchase button a few times but held off knowing that I'd barely have any money left over for watercoolin gear.

Not enough money to even buy food over the next 12 months! I can build you a similar for much cheaper

Skrivet av stylarn:

This looks amazing. Great job man.

Wow, thanks for the positive comment!! Everything is still theoretical at the moment, but I hope I get some hardware to put in it to complete the build:)

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Keep the ideas flowing, can't wait for the pictures of the case (its real life version)

Visa signatur

2600k @ STOCK <|> GTX 970 Omega!<|> Nån samsung 500gb ssd <|> 16 GB Kingston Hyper X <|> BenQ XL2420t
"Det finns inget skrot, bara gamla delar som kan användas på nya sätt" - Mulle Meck

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Not enough money to even buy food over the next 12 months! I can build you a similar for much cheaper

If only you'd go global with your case mods. = )

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av elklazor:

Keep the ideas flowing, can't wait for the pictures of the case (its real life version)

I have a couple more for you in a couple of minutes

Skrivet av Mars SSX:

If only you'd go global with your case mods. = )

World domination? Yes please!

MetallicAcid