Avstängd
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Which other shop are you talking about?

Permalänk
Medlem

My hat's off to you. Looking forward to the next update

Permalänk
Medlem

Long time since last I was checking this thread out, but holy shit in my pocket, this is such an amazing build man. Love it.

Visa signatur

14700k @ Stock . 32GB @ 4000MHz . 3070 @ +100/+800MHz
240+360 rad custom loop

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Marticus:

Thanks!

Skrivet av Mars SSX:

Which other shop are you talking about?

He, I don't really want to say as I don't mean to give them shit. They probably didn't work over the public holiday and their routines might differ from Inet. It seems that Inet has just set the bar really high for all other competitors.

Skrivet av Latka:

My hat's off to you. Looking forward to the next update

Cheers cuddle!! Next update should be with all of the custom wires

Skrivet av solomon:

Long time since last I was checking this thread out, but holy shit in my pocket, this is such an amazing build man. Love it.

If you had a holy shit in your pocket, I would like to see that! Welcome back mate!

Best regards,
Justin.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Well hello there! I thought I would share a little how to of how I splice my cables together when creating custom cables. I did not think to do the sleeving side of things though as I did not have enough time to take photos... I have just the time when my daughter is napping during the days to get my work done

So here comes a little "How-to" my way

You will need one of these to begin with. You know what they say - "helping hands with a magnifying glass are better than a sandwich!"... No wait :S

Firstly I lay out my cable. I cut the "parent" cable to size, and recrimp as needed. I then map out the "fetus" cable to length and strip the ends 6mm. I then proceed to remove a 6mm chunk from the "parent" cable where I want the splice to occur.

I then take a knife and split the wires on the parent cable to make a hole. I then split the wire on the fetus cable to make a prong/fork.

I thread one side of the fetus fork through the hole.

I then twist both sides of the fetus fork in the same direction around the parent cable's loop, forming a strong bond.

I then "pre tin" the soldering iron with a little bit of tin so that the tip is wet, as I believe this transfers heat better when the tin is already forming onto the wires. I proceed to hold the soldering iron under the twisted wire, with the tin on top. I hold both onto the wires until the entire connection is hot enough, and the tin starts melting though the wires without being in direct contact with the soldering iron's tip. I find that this is best as there is minimal tin on the outside of the wire's as most of hit has melted THROUGH all of the wires, forming a super awesome bond. NOTE: Make sure that the two cables plastic wrap are not touching when doing this technique are not touching, otherwise they will melt together and have to be cut apart.

And then repeat.

As a small text guide on how I did the sleeving... (Bare with me here )
I sleeved the shortest cable first so that the sleevings length covered the solder. I then proceeded to sleeve the other 2 wires so that the sleeving meets the shorter wire I sleeved previously. I then put on a piece of heatshrink and warmed it enough so that the sleeving underneath melts and forms a bond to each other. IF the heatshrink melts a little, it's no biggie, just use another and warm it slightly to that it shrinks and covers the ugly.

I hope this helps you in your journey to sleeving, or creating custom cables. This is the result that I was able to achieve:

So thank you once again for reading, and hope to see you in the next update!
Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

[/size]

Permalänk
Discokungen

Great work as always!

Visa signatur

AMD 5800X3D - G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16 32GB - Asus B550 TUF - ASRock 7900 XTX Phantom - Intel 900p - CaseLabs S8 - LG 42C2 - Corsair AX1200i - Aquaero 6 - Vattenkyld

Permalänk

yeah really beautiful work ! i wish i had all those tools , ideas and skills hehe

Visa signatur

-[Asus Prime z590]-|- [Intel Core 11600k]-|-[Corsair Hydro H100i]-|-[Aorus rtx 3070 Master]-|-[Corsair 16GB 3600Mhz]-|-[Corsair LL120 RGB 120mm]-|-[Fractal Design Define 7 Compact]-
Aoc 32" 144Hz 1ms-[Logitech G502 HeroAsus Rog strix Scope Deluxe TKL

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av affeiorby:

yeah really beautiful work ! i wish i had all those tools , ideas and skills hehe

Skrivet av Flamso:

Great work as always!

Thank you guys!! Means alot I am happy that it is turning out how I imagined!

Best regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Super mega photodump of perfectly sleeved PSU cables! This includes a custom molex from the guide that I posted earlier, and an awesomely long SATA power to reach the SSD's that will be hanging above the pump on the wall! My thanks to Mundi from Icemodz for the sleeving supplies, and Marie from Silverstone for sponsoring the Silverstone Strider ST-1200G PSU.

I had just the one good shot of the 24pin though, so I hope that it is enough for you guys

Have a nice one, and see you on the next update!
Best regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Gday guys and girls!

I would just like to take this time to announce Inet.se as a sponsor, as they have provided an NZXT 10 ports fan hub to the project. Thanks guys! So in normal order, I have unboxed this product for all to see. Please enjoy!

Best regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Medlem

Why not add a line of, for example, MDPC vanilla sand sleeve to each cable to add to the gold highlight, or will it not be subtle enough?

Keep up the good work nonetheless, looking forward to the future updates!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Zamzara:

Why not add a line of, for example, MDPC vanilla sand sleeve to each cable to add to the gold highlight, or will it not be subtle enough?

Keep up the good work nonetheless, looking forward to the future updates!

I have been considering this, and might end up doing so depending on if the black cables look too boring

Thanks mate! Things will be a little slower until the parts trickle in, but I should get the case painted by the end of the month!

Best regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av DDemis:

That will probably not happen. It hope that doesn't sound too aggressive, but that will resemble the Murderbox MKII P2.01 by Charles Harwood & Co far too much (see attached photo below). And I really like the subtle look of Metallic's fantastic work thus far, which stands out in its simplicity.

Not talking about full gold sleeves, just 1 or 2 on each.

Also, no offense taken, it's your computer in the end! ^^

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

I have considered sleeving with just the one coloured sleeved cable. As I said, it depends if it takes too much away from the hardware

/Justin

Permalänk
Medlem

du har gett mig lite inspiration till mitt egna TJo7 bygge, som det ska bli en bygg log på

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av shady93:

du har gett mig lite inspiration till mitt egna TJo7 bygge, som det ska bli en bygg log på

Fantastic to hear!!!! You can always ask me for advice if you are in need

Best regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Fantastic to hear!!!! You can always ask me for advice if you are in need

Best regards,
Justin

fast jag har börjat att fundera på andra chassin det står mellan 900d, TJ07 och switch 810, jag har sådan beslutsångest.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av shady93:

fast jag har börjat att fundera på andra chassin det står mellan 900d, TJ07 och switch 810, jag har sådan beslutsångest.

All three are great cases, and I can see why you are having a hard time choosing! I wish you luck

Best regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Hey guys and girls of modding!

I know it has been a long time between this and the last update. There is not that much to report on the modding itself other than I am waiting on the green light to take the case to a professional painter. Some more hardware will start trickling in over the next month or so, so we can hope to see the case painted in the next month, and some of the watercooling installed and cable routing started.

Now with that said, I would like to introduce EK Waterblocks as a sponsor to this build, who have given us their Clean CSQ Supremacy CPU block, even though their budget was fairly tight. So thank you Peter Now, as what has become a standard these days, here comes an unboxing of the CPU block from EKWB!

I really like the look of this block! It will fit perfectly with this project

Hope to see you in the next update!
Best regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Mini update guys and girls.

As I am waiting on parts to come in from Demis (my friend that I am building this PC for) I am going to start up my personal project and run it parallel to this one. My personal project will involve a Silverstone Fortress FT03, a MONSTA 85mm thick 400x200mm radiator and upgraded hardware more suited for designing and rendering. Here is a couple of renders to show what I want to achieve:

Here is a link if you are interested. I hope you will join me on this project too

Best regards,

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Hey everybody! Welcome again!

It has been a little while since the last update. I would like to say thank you to you who have patiently waited until the hardware started trickling in! I have a nice little update for you guys which includes a beastly motherboard, some overkill RAM, and EK waterblocks (non-sponsored). These parts were all bought second hand, hence why they are a little dusty! I thought that I would like to just let the pictures do the talking here...

So just a little text teaser as well, there is some more hardware coming in over the next few days, including fans, soundcard and SSDs. Thanks for reading, and see you in the next update!

With kind regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Administrativ avgift
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

[b][size="5"]Update time!

[/size]

I just want to have you working on my 350D ! </3

Visa signatur

Loque Raw s1| 7950x3D | B650-i | 2x16GB DDR5 CL30@6000 | 2TB m.2 | 4090 TUF | Samsung G9 49 | Vive Focus 3

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Hello and welcome to a small hardware update!

Some more hardware has come in from Demis these last 2 weeks, so I took some photos and would like to present them to you. There is not so much left to buy so this build can be completed. Those last parts are the CPU, and GPU(s). I have now left the case in to be powdercoated, so it should be back in my hands mid next week. There is also a nice package from EKWB coming which consists of the R4BE uniblock, and all fittings needed.

Once the EK package comes in, and I take some glory photos of the parts, I will start the routing of the watercooling, thereby installing the radiators, reservoirs, uniblock and pump into the newly painted case.

THE END IS NIGH, MY FRIENDS!!!

The following hardware consists of the following:
6 Corsair 120mm SP120 Quiet Edition PWM fans
2 Intel 530 120GB SSDs
1 Soundblaster ZXR internal soundcard

Enjoy!

With kind regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Hey hey!

A short update for you all I have got the case back from the powder coaters today. I am 90% happy with how it turned out, but there is a spot that looks like fingerprints.. You will see when you scroll through the pictures. I am going to give the shop a call tomorrow morning and see what they have to say about it. So without any further waiting, here come the photos!

Now that I have the case painted, I am pushing to get the CPU here ASAP so I can install the motherboard uniblock, drill the necessary holes and get the tubing routed.

I hope that you have enjoyed this update!

Kind regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Discokungen

I really like the finish! Good thing it has some textures instead of being completely smooth. Too bad about the fans but it'll probably be alright. Great job, as always!

Visa signatur

AMD 5800X3D - G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16 32GB - Asus B550 TUF - ASRock 7900 XTX Phantom - Intel 900p - CaseLabs S8 - LG 42C2 - Corsair AX1200i - Aquaero 6 - Vattenkyld

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Flamso:

I really like the finish! Good thing it has some textures instead of being completely smooth. Too bad about the fans but it'll probably be alright. Great job, as always!

Thank you Flamso! Sorry for the late response btw.. But now I am back on track with the build, and hope to get it finished by the end of the month

See you at the nest update!

/J.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

[size="3"]Hey everybody!

Since completing my last project, the Monolith FT03, I have gotten my arse into gear to finish this TJ07 before the end of this month. I will try and keep you guys up to date on what is going, and have at least one update a week.

In this update, I have gotten in almost all of the parts required to get this project finished. I am just waiting on the GPU blocks from coolerkit.se.

With this update I would also like to announce BlackNoise as a sponsor, who have given this project 6 of their Noiseblocker NB BlackSilent Pro 120mm PL-2 fans.
Here is what they look like

Once I checked out and installed those beauties, I had a look at the 4 AMD R9 290's which was sent to me for the project. Do not worry my friends, these will be water cooled, and these original coolers will be scrapped for the sake of humankind.

I got in a brand spanking new Intel Core i7 4930k as well. Let's check it out!

After I had finished drooling on the CPU, I went ahead and installed it on the motherboard, then swapped out the EK motherboard blocks for this beautiful uniblock. This will really tidy things up reducing the amount of fittings from 6 to just 2. I also decided to remove the RAM water cooling blocks as they are not needed, and create unnecessary mess/fittings/tube routing. Where is what it all looks like during and after installation.

Other things that I would like to mention is that I have bought a pipe bender, pipe cutter and chromed piping for this build. The tube bending will start this Saturday, and hopefully the GPU blocks have come in so I can get this sorted out.

Also, I will have to mod the Cold Zero motherboard extension plate as the holes for the GPUs no longer match up with the amount of GPUs that will be installed. I will be installing just 3 cards, as the Silverstone 1200w PSU will not handle the 4th card This also means that I have to cut an extra hole into the extension tray to accommodate this extra GPU.

I think that is about it for this update guys. I hope that I have not kept you waiting too long, but with tight budgeting and parts costing as much as they do, it was unavoidable. But this said, from now on it should be short and sweet!

Cheers!

[/size]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Nice progress! Looking forward to see it finished. I'm a TJ07 fan btw:)

Permalänk
Discokungen

You really should use the rubber frames and grommets for the fans. They help! Real nice build though! Keep up the good work! I hope you'll use 4 cards!

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av MisterX:

Nice progress! Looking forward to see it finished. I'm a TJ07 fan btw:)

I have seen your TJ07 build and was a massive fan of that project Thanks!

Skrivet av Flamso:

You really should use the rubber frames and grommets for the fans. They help! Real nice build though! Keep up the good work! I hope you'll use 4 cards!

Thanks for the tip Flamso I have used just the single rubber grommits between the fan and the radiator. Less is more if you know what I mean

/J