Cheap laptops in working state for Ukrainian refugees

Permalänk
Medlem

I don’t have any oldish laptops but can I (I hope we) swish u money for buying laptops from someone else? In that way u can absorbs higher end or just more laptops.

Visa signatur

Det som flöt iland senast.

Permalänk

I have an older model Thinkpad (i think T430). I could donate it. Available in Stockholm.

Visa signatur

MSI z170a SLI-Plus - i7 6700K @ 4,6GHz - RTX 2060 - 32GB HyperX Fury DDR4 2666Mhz - Fractal Design arc midi r2 - Noctua UH-14S

Permalänk
Medlem

I have a Fujitsu UH572M with i5-3317U / 8GB / 500GB + 32GB SSD / HD4000 collecting dust at my neighbor. I will gladly give it you so it can be used for a good reason.

Visa signatur

Bildskärmar - Asus ROG PG278Q | Asus ROG PG279Q
Stationär - NVIDIA 3080 | 9900K @ 5,2 GHz | 32 GB DDR4
HTPC- GTX 1070 | i5 6400 | 8GB DDR4
Glorious GMMK Pro / Logitech G Pro

Permalänk
Medlem

I can give away an asus chromebook cx1400. fully working. I can pay for shipping, just need an address to send it too.

Permalänk
Medlem

I can collect some of them if they are relatively close by. I live in Vallentuna, near Täby Kyrkby and have a car so if I have a few people nearby with laptops I can collect them and do a meet up with you if you like. No charge of course. I don't have a spare laptop but perhaps I can assist like this anyway.

All the money and deals are made with you. I just act as a courier.

I have been on Sweclockers since 2012. Hopefully that's counts for something

Visa signatur

ASUS ROG Maximus XII HERO (WI-FI | Intel i9 10900K | Be-Qiet Straight Power 11 1000W | 32GB G.Skills Ripjaws V 4000Mhz | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | Fractal Design Define-7 Compact | Noctua NH-D15S | Samsung SSD 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (os), Samsung SSD 980 Pro 512GB (Speldisk)|

Permalänk
Brons i quiz

*Posts removed*

Those who are not interest in donating laptops does not need to be active in the thread.

/Vzano, Moderator

Visa signatur

Citera om du vill ha svar!
Tycker du om sidospår? :D Besök The Wiki Game
Har du fråga angående modereringen? PM till Moderatorerna eller Kontaktformulär

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av P-son78:

I can collect some of them if they are relatively close by. I live in Vallentuna, near Täby Kyrkby and have a car so if I have a few people nearby with laptops I can collect them and do a meet up with you if you like. No charge of course. I don't have a spare laptop but perhaps I can assist like this anyway.

All the money and deals are made with you. I just act as a courier.

I have been on Sweclockers since 2012. Hopefully that's counts for something

For some reason I can't edit my post.

This is my "route to Saltsjöbaden". Not sure what "close by" means but let's give it a try.

Visa signatur

ASUS ROG Maximus XII HERO (WI-FI | Intel i9 10900K | Be-Qiet Straight Power 11 1000W | 32GB G.Skills Ripjaws V 4000Mhz | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE | Fractal Design Define-7 Compact | Noctua NH-D15S | Samsung SSD 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (os), Samsung SSD 980 Pro 512GB (Speldisk)|

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Saodie:

I don't have any spare laptop unfortunately but I would like to help financially with this project i.e donate a sum to help you purchase laptops.

Swish maybe?

Thank you very much for the will to support. I have Swish, but I am not sure how it legally works in Sweden, maybe I need to somehow register charity organization and pay some taxes or something.

If it's a small amount - it should be fine, but if you want to donate a large amount or do it regularly, it's better to donate to the organizations who can manage the payments.

My sister helps refugees on the border of Slovakia as a part of this organization, thus I know that they are legit:
https://ktopomozeukrajine.sk/en/

I also know a guy who is related to this organization in Ukraine:
https://www.comebackalive.in.ua/donate

And another simple option is to buy some electronics, for example a pair of headset (with microphone) with shipping to me.

Visa signatur

Core i9-10850k | RX 7900 XTX | 32 GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung Evo 970 1TB, 860 2 TB | Elgato 4K60 Pro
https://www.youtube.com/c/Miyconst

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Zatrec:

I have an old Surface 4(no working keyboard) and one old gaming laptop (can be loud fan noise) I'm willing to give.

Thank you. Not working keyboard can be replaced with an external one, and old loud laptop is much better than nothing at all. Could you please specify your location? I can pickup in Stockholm and near by, otherwise it's shipping.

Visa signatur

Core i9-10850k | RX 7900 XTX | 32 GB DDR4-3200 | Samsung Evo 970 1TB, 860 2 TB | Elgato 4K60 Pro

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Chibariku:

Are Chromebooks okey? I might have a Chromebook and a Lenovo in working conditions. Can check when I get home tomorrow.

Yes, Chromebooks are okay, as long as there are speakers and a microphone. Most of the people need something to attend online classes and do Google Docs online.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av tojt:

I have a couple of XPS 13 laptops in fully working order that I can donate for the cause.

One XPS 13 9343 and one XPS 9370

Only concern is I live in Spain, but if you know of any good way of shipping them without the concerns of the batteries regulation, I'll send then up to you!

As far as I know, there are no extra regulations for shipping batteries within EU, but shipping itself costs extra money. Of course, I would very much appreciate the laptops and can pay for the shipping, but first I would like to ask you to check if there are any local refugees that need help.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Fearnox:

What about Dell chromebook 3189 without battery?
May have a few.
EOL is june but they should be working fine even after that.

As long as the device works with a charger it will be fine.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av talonmas:

I think I have two laptops, but they have Linux installed (only 4gb RAM so Linux run smoother than Win).
Should be a license tied to the computer though but Windows 8.

Wife will be happy if I get rid of them.

Any chance of a meetup in Gothenburg area where I can drop them off?

Would you be willing to ship the laptops? I have some SO-DIMM DDR3 modules for upgrades and can install Windows myself, but I am in Stockholm.

Alternatively, I can keep your offer as a backup plan for people from Gothenburg, but then you would need to install Windows & add Ukrainian language for them.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av SmOOthy:

I don’t have any oldish laptops but can I (I hope we) swish u money for buying laptops from someone else? In that way u can absorbs higher end or just more laptops.

Thank you very much for the support. Please see this answer on how you can donate:

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Miyconst:

Would you be willing to ship the laptops? I have some SO-DIMM DDR3 modules for upgrades and can install Windows myself, but I am in Stockholm.

Alternatively, I can keep your offer as a backup plan for people from Gothenburg, but then you would need to install Windows & add Ukrainian language for them.

The RAM is soldered or glued in place. If I could upgrade I'd done so lo g ago. But I'll see if I can get Windows running on them. If so, I'll send you a PM.

Visa signatur

Processor: Motorola 68000 | Klockfrekvens: 7,09 Mhz (PAL) | Minne: 256 kB ROM / 512 kB RAM | Bussbredd: 24 bit | Joystick: Tac2 | Operativsystem: Amiga OS 1.3

Permalänk
Medlem

Everyone, thank you very much for the support. My queue of waiting people is growing fast, thus I am trying to save time whenever possible. The thread is also getting long, thus I won't answer most of the messages in this thread, but rather send a private message to get connected.

Your help is very much appreciated. There are many people who are in really bad and desperate situations.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Is a older Macbook Pro also relevant? In that case I will check if I can get it up and running as well as an old laptop. I'll let you know if I reach any success in the matter during/after the weekend!

Visa signatur

Dator:
CPU: Intel Core i5 13600K @5,3GHz(P-core) @4.0Ghz (E-core) | Kylning: Corsair Hydro H100x | Minne: G.Skill 32GB DDR5 6000MHz CL40 | GPU: Gainward GeForce RTX 3080 Phoenix | Lagring: 2x Kingston KC3000 M.2 NVMe SSD Gen 4 1024GB (Read: 7000MB/s - Write: 6000MB/s) | Chassi: Corsair 4000D Airflow | Nätagg: Corsair RM850e 850W (Gold)

Tillbehör: Acer 27" Predator XB271HU G-Sync IPS (@ 1440p 165hz) | Microsoft intellimouse 3.0 | Tangentbord: Zon Keyboard1 | Headset: HyperX Cloud II

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Miyconst:

Thank you. Not working keyboard can be replaced with an external one, and old loud laptop is much better than nothing at all. Could you please specify your location? I can pickup in Stockholm and near by, otherwise it's shipping.

I live in katrineholm so I can ship it to you just give me an adress

Visa signatur

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Gigabyte Aorus Master 6800xt - Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro-P - 64Gb@3600Mhz - 980 PRO, 970 EVO 2TB

Permalänk
Medlem

I created a Facebook post (i know it’s for old people…) but perhaps someone can help.
I asked them for help and perhaps they reach out to me and then I’ll transfer them or the laptops to you.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Miyconst:

Yes, Chromebooks are okay, as long as there are speakers and a microphone. Most of the people need something to attend online classes and do Google Docs online.

Okay will function test them tomorrow or Saturday.

Permalänk
Medlem

I dont have whole laptops, but i have some DDR3 and DDR2 sodimm ram to donate if it is desired 😊
(8gb, 4gb and some 2gb RAM sticks)

Visa signatur

🗄️ Corsair Carbide 100R Chassi] 🔲AMD® RYZEN™ 9 5950X] 🏬MSI X570 MAG TOMAHAWK WIFI] ❄️Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 240] 🎞️Kingston Fury 128GB (4x32GB) DDR4 3600MHz/CL18.22.22 @CL 16.19.19 Beast] 🏴Powercolor Radeon RX 6950XT 16GB Red Devil] [Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W ] 💾Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 500GB] [Lexar NM700 M.2 NVMe SSD 4Tb] [Kingston NV2 M.2 NVMe SSD 4Tb ] [Samsung SSD 870 QVO 4Tb] [15 TB WD NAS RED 7200rpm Lagringsdiskar] 🖥️ASUS VP28U 4K 28" Skärm] 🔌Comhem 1000/1000Mbit fiber] [Windows 11 Pro SWE]

Permalänk

I got this bad boy gathering dust on my bookshelf:

HP Elitebook 840 G1 - 2014, nearly pristine, barely used.

Specs:
i7-4600 CPU
8GB So-Dimm DDR3 (slot1/2)
Intel SSD 180GB
Windows 10 Pro Licensed using OEM
Wifi/Bluetooth/Ethernet/DisplayPort/4xUSB-A
Battery takes and holds charge, about 1-2 hours battery life I think.

PM me and I'll let you know where to pick it up. I live in Kungsholmen so I'm not hard to find I'd love to hear who it went to later but that is not a condition, you seem like you know what you're doing.

For bonus points, I am installing a fresh W10 in Ukrainian language on it, if that helps.

Permalänk
Medlem

Kostiantyn,

Do you also need spare parts as for example keyboards, mouses and so on? You don't need to pay for the stuff, just the shipping cost.

/Carl

Permalänk
Medlem

Samsung 900X3C
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3317U CPU @ 1.70GHz 1.70 GHz
4 GB
I think I upgraded the SSD a couple of years ago.
Fresh OS restore, local account with blank password, Ukranian language pack.
I live in Norrköping so let me send it to you. Should I mail it to Fidravägen or some other address?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Miyconst:

As long as the device works with a charger it will be fine.

I will check tomorrow or on monday if and how many we have available, how many do you need?
Im not exactly sure about specs, but i think i can figure that out tomorrow to.

We have chargers, but many of the batteries are dead.

Permalänk

I assume desktops is not interesting? I have a couple of old computers hanging around. You would need all the peripherals like keyboard, mouse, screen etc. Also, I don't think there is any OS on them.

Visa signatur

Avatarkreds till: http://imgur.com/HOxIL
Alakai säger: Ryssen skrattar. Norrland hembränner på uppdrag av regeringen. Sälar dör i blyförgiftning, fulla och glada. Förvirringen är total. Kungen är nöjd.

Permalänk
Medlem

I got a good working laptop that works. Freshly installed windows and 2week old battery.
If u pm me your adress ill send it to u for free.

Permalänk
Medlem

Nevermind I found that u had posted your adress already... PM a short "OK" and ill send it.

Permalänk
Medlem

I have two laptops I could send you (no cost, I will pay shipping):

ASUS Transformer TP300L
Intel Core i7-4510U 3.1 GHz
8 GB RAM
128 GB SSD
Can be used as laptop or tablet. In working condition, unsure about the status of the battery since it's been in storage for a good while.

Acer Aspire 5742G
Intel Core i5-460M 2.5 GHz
Geforce GT 450M 1 GB
4 GB RAM
600 GB HDD
In working condition, unsure about the status of the battery since it's been in storage for a good while.

Please let me know if any of them (or both) are of interest.

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Miyconst:

That sounds interesting, thank you. Could you please specify the model and your location?

Lenovo Chromebook S345-14 81WX0003MX 14" A6-9220C 4GB RAM 64GB eMMC