Permalänk

Required strength for GTX 260+ OC

Hi,

The required strength for this graphic card is 600w, my question is: Will it be enough to use a 650w PSU for this card incl all the other components?

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

No problem, if it's a hight quality 650W PSU you can easily do SLI, a 450W high quality PSU is enough for GTX 260.

Visa signatur

Går det bra, eller går det som vanligt?

Permalänk
Medlem

I am right now running my GTX260, Q6600@3,1, 8 GB RAM, four disks on a 520W PSU. What really matters is the ampearage and total load capacity on the 12v rail. To bad that many PSU:s these days run two or three rails. My PSU runs one 12v rail, which gives 32A.
If i would buy a PSU today and was on a budget i would go for this: http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=344723 or this: http://www.prisjakt.nu/produkt.php?p=156086

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Ernström
Hi,

The required strength for this graphic card is 600w, my question is: Will it be enough to use a 650w PSU for this card incl all the other components?

650watts is enough but thats if its a good psu.
Thats why they put the high numbers on to so even the bad ones can handle the gpu.

Permalänk

Hi!
In general I even would say that a 400W is enough to run your system.
But what other components?
It is a difference betwenn an i7@4.0 GHz and an Intel Core 2 Duo @ 3.3 GHz.
For efficiency, temperature and noise level, I would recommend a 500-550W PSU when you run a powerful CPU besides.
For a CPU with a TDP of 95W or lower and no overclocking, you can choose a 400W PSU.

@dunde
If you have one or several rails, makes really no difference in what the PSU can do on 12V.
Here are two other threads about this topic, please have a look in it.

Because the 12V line is coming from one transformator, if you have one or 4 lines....makes no difference. One line is 32A, two lines have as combined power 32A. No difference at all. All other things about this topic I wrote in the other threads.

Permalänk

Well the other components is an AMD P-II 4x 940 @ 3.0GHz(original), 3 case fans and a kit with 2x2GB corsair 1066MHz PC-8500 @ 2.1V and a dominator RAM cooler from corsair aswell.

And with the answears I got here, I think my question is solved.

// Thanks

Permalänk

A good 400W is really enough if you don´t want to extend the system later with a DUAL-GPU card or SLI/CrossFire.

Permalänk

I have HX520 and it runs fine

Visa signatur

Intel Core 2 Q6600 G0 2.4Ghz@3,6Ghz | Tuniq Tower 120 |Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 | 4x1gb Corsair XMS2-6400 CL4
| XFX GTX260+ 896MB | Antec Three Hundred | Corsair HX520 | Intel 510 120GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB | Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | Windows 7 Pro x64