Budget Chassis Antec Three Hundred Questions

Permalänk
Medlem

Budget Chassis Antec Three Hundred Questions

Hello there!

I recently felt like trying out your budget case/chassis three hundred.
It was cheap, looked fairly nice and seemed easy to mount gadgets into.

However, it is quite small, and my question is basically, without a 3.5" hard drive in front of either of my two PCI-E port/GPU socket, can I fit a Radeon HD5870 card there? The card is roughly 280mm (11 inches) - and by measuring I find it to be less, however, if you measure the card from the DVI-port or from the panel makes the difference, I don't know exactly how ATI measures it, but their reference card is said to be 11 inches.
So is it possible to fit a grafix card of this size inside the Antec Three Hundred?

Anyone else is welcome to hijack this thread with questions regarding the Antec Three Hundred rather than to make new posts about this chassis.

Cheers.

Visa signatur

Sometimes autocorrect makes me say things I don't Nintendo.

Permalänk
Medlem

According to various sources it will work, although it reportedly is a tight fit:

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-270777_15_0.html

Edit:

As a rather unimportant side note, the 5870 doesn't fit in the Antec Solo case, without removing the hdd bay. So I removed it. Good thing I don't have an hdd, and that my ssd was easily fitted on the side of the 5,25" bay using mounting tape.

Visa signatur

5950X, 3090

Permalänk
Medlem

Cool, cheers mate. All I could find were various rumours on it, but could not find any confirming info.

Visa signatur

Sometimes autocorrect makes me say things I don't Nintendo.

Permalänk
Medlem

I used to have a 5870 in my Antec300 so yes it works

Permalänk
Medlem

5870 fits in the Antec 300, you just have to move your HDD´s little then it fits nice

Permalänk

Think you got your answers there

Visa signatur