Corsair Force F120 Bad clusters, what to do??

Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair Force F120 Bad clusters, what to do??

Hi,

Yesterday my computer froze, got a bluescreen, after the first boot the controller couldn't find the SSD. Pulled the plug for 20s, booted, and it found the drive. When I finally got into windows it froze again. Same procedure repeated itself. Happend when I started chrome, so I booted into safe mode, uninstalled it and installed ffox. Same thing there, crashes. When I try to take a backup of some files on the drive it always stall and crash on the same file. When I run hd tune pro it stalls a bit in, (same place every time) and shows some bad blocks and gives me a bluescreen. After each crash I have to coldboot, or the controller wont find the drive.

The drive got FW 2.0 and I use TRIM, hybrid sleep is disabled and ATTO bench runs fine.

Under a long time I've had some problems with small random freezes while playing games on the ssd. But they usually was solved with ALT-Tab in and out of the game.

When running a chkdsk with /r option I get tons of "Bad cluster" messages and continue reporting them for about an hour and just 13% into the check. After that it stall and boot. Hmmz doesnt feel good :/

Do anyone have any ideas? Is the drive "done"? Also if I manage to reinstall, is there any program to really check the disk integrity to make sure I not just push the problem in front of me?

Please, any help would be useful.

Visa signatur

... zzZZzzzZzzzzzZzzz ....

Permalänk
Vila i frid

Boot to the Recovery Console, execute: CHKDSK /R /F

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av hasenfrasen:

Boot to the Recovery Console, execute: CHKDSK /R /F

Already done that, it took about an hour before even that crashed. And before that it showed alot of bad cluster errors.

Got some advice on corsairs forum to run parted magic and do a secure erase (filling the drive with zeroes) and reinstall windows. So I did that, and now it runs fine, but for how long...

Any good program to test the drive?

Visa signatur

... zzZZzzzZzzzzzZzzz ....