Quietly changing from SeaSonic to CWT

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

Quietly changing from SeaSonic to CWT

Your "twin" on jonnygurus forum (Redbeard) has confirmed the switch on TX650 from SeaSonic to CWT, with only a C-suffix to the name. jonnyGURU Forums - View Single Post - Corsair TX650 - Change in specs and OEM?
As I usually prefer SeaSonic designs, this is a bad move in my eyes. Especially when doing it without any real information to the customers about the change.

You already phased out CX400. Is VX450 going to suffer the same fate, going to CWT PSH2?

Welcome to sweclockers and thanks in advance for your reply.

Edit: Found some info. So, are you really Edward Teach reincarnated? Better watch my words hereafter.

Added information
Visa signatur

W10, Intel 5820K, Asus X99-S, Crucial DDR4 2133MHz 32GB, Sapphire 290X Tri-X, Intel 730 SSD, WD Black+Green+HGST, Silverstone FT02, Corsair AX1200, Corsair K90, Logitech MX518, Eizo 2736w, Eaton 5115 UPS. Pixel 7 pro

Permalänk
Corsair

As Redbeard mentioned, we can't go into roadmaps and when products may or may not be phased out.

At the end of the day, regardless of which engineering partner we use, these are Corsair PSUs. So whether it's a TX650 based on a Seasonic or CWT platform, it still has to meet the spec we outlined for TX, still has to meet our stringent output quality and 50C qualification criterea, and still has to be reliable enough for us to apply the 5 year TX warranty.

PS. And who says I'm Edward Teach reincarnated? Perhaps I never really died in the first place...

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Hi, I have both types but the seasonic one is broken. I put up some comparison shots here:
http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/74-chassin-och-nataggregat/9...

Visa signatur

Arch Linux - i5 12500@4.75GHz - Asrock B760M PG Riptide - 32GB DDR5 6000MHz - RTX 2070 Super - 1TB SN770 - 1TB SN550 - U32PWQU 4K
Dell Latitude 7400 2 in 1 - Arch Linux - i5 8265u