Strange problem with hotswap on Obsidian 800D

Permalänk
Medlem

Strange problem with hotswap on Obsidian 800D

Hi! I'm having some issues with the hot swap on my Obsidian 800D. Twice now, one of the ports has stopped working and crashed my system, first it was the fourth port, and now just a couple of minutes ago it was the third port.

Symptoms:
My system crashes and the disc in question is not discovered by the bios, removing and reinserting the disc solves the problem.

At first I thought it was a problem ith my disc but now it's happened twice and with diffrent discs each time.

Any ideas what might be causing this problem?

Visa signatur

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @5GHz, 32 GB DDR4 @3600MHz, RTX 3070 8GB RAM

Permalänk
Corsair

The first to would be to check the wiring etc, and make sure the connections are tight etc. If this is something that has recently started happening (and didn't before) then it would be worth putting a case into Tech Support via the website. It is possible to replace the hot swap board, if this is the problem.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Thanks! Yup I've checked the SATA and Power cables and they are both ok... It has happened twice so far in the last two weeks. Never before, but I've only had the chassi for about two months. If it happens again I'll put in a case through Tech support as recommended.

Visa signatur

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @5GHz, 32 GB DDR4 @3600MHz, RTX 3070 8GB RAM