Corsair TX650W buzzing noise.

Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair TX650W buzzing noise.

Hello,

Ever since i bought my Corsair TX650W it has had a buzzing noise coming from it. Recently though it has become worse. Even things like scrolling makes a low buzzning noise coming from it. Playing games while having my headset on is impossible due to the noise that it transmits to the headset. Whenever launching a game where I have the intro scenes the PSU goes crazy and makes a high pitch noise (that is IN the PC case, not though the speakers)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4d23F2jehQ

My problem is similar to his. I tried ATI Tools on my PC and I got the same resaults. The system is all up-to-date and have no energy saving options on in the BIOS.

I bought my TX650W 2008-11-20 from Misco.se Does the warranty still cover my PSU?

Regards,
Zee

Visa signatur

| Q9550 @ 3.8Ghz | Asus P5Q-PRO | AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB (Unlocked @ 865Mhz) | Corsair TX650W | Corsair XMS2 (2+1)x2GB | A-Data SP900 128GB| WD Caviar Blue 320GB | Fractal Design R3 | Noctua NH-U9B |

Permalänk
Medlem

Hey there.

This is a old problem with the TX serie from Corsair. Was alot of people complaining about this a few years back. And u should be able to send it back and get a new one. Most likely from the HXserie insteed that dont have this problem. The best thing u can do is to write to misco.se and explain your problems and check with them if the warranty is still valid.

You can also check with Corsair California if they can help you directly (they have helped me with Obsidian 800D case etc)
Here is the application for Corsair: http://www.corsair.com/support/technicalsupport/

But before u talk with Corsair California, talk with Misco.se, its normaly the best thing to start with. For faster RMA if the warranty is still instact.

Good luck (sorry for baaaad english thou)

Permalänk
Corsair

Thanks IDX!

Yep, contact Misco first, as they should be able to return it to us.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Hi Blackbeard,

I contacted Misco.se and this is their response:

--------

Hello "Zee",
Your product is over 1 year old. You must contact the manufacture yourself, as we can only help you the first year with faulty components. Sorry that I cant assist you further.

Best Regards,
Marcus Misco.se

--------

Well, I guess Misco.se isnt the best company when it comes to warranty^^ What do I do from here? Contact corsair directly?

Zee

Visa signatur

| Q9550 @ 3.8Ghz | Asus P5Q-PRO | AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB (Unlocked @ 865Mhz) | Corsair TX650W | Corsair XMS2 (2+1)x2GB | A-Data SP900 128GB| WD Caviar Blue 320GB | Fractal Design R3 | Noctua NH-U9B |