Nvidia, GPU per eye, VR concern.

Permalänk
Medlem

Nvidia, GPU per eye, VR concern.

Im looking for an sli or crossfire setup for Valve VR when it arrives. Im concerned about the gpu per eye scaling on the 980 ti. I read that Nvidia will only be able to scale with 50% of power when using a gpu per screen on VR. Is there any news to this or updated info about the matter?

I waiting on AMD Fiji since ATI said they will be able to scale better on this matter. How do Nvidia aim to make VR plesant?

Visa signatur

Asus Tuf Gaming 670e- Plus | Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24GB Gaming OC | G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Trident Z5 Neo RGB Expo | WD BLACK SN850X 2TB WD - WD BLACK SN850X 1TB - WD Black SSD SN750 1TB | Corsair RM1000e 1000W | Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Svart | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX | Rog Falchion Mx Cherry | Xtrfy MZ1 Wireless

Skärm: Samsung 49" NEO G9 Ultrawide | Samsung Q90T | Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ | AOC G2460PQU

Cockpit: Gunfighter Mk.III Base - Modern Combat Grip Ultimate | Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle | Logitech Flight Rudder Pedals | Tobii eye tracker 5

Permalänk
Skrivet av Yeah_Right:

Im looking for an sli or crossfire setup for Valve VR when it arrives. Im concerned about the gpu per eye scaling on the 980 ti. I read that Nvidia will only be able to scale with 50% of power when using a gpu per screen on VR. Is there any news to this or updated info about the matter?

I waiting on AMD Fiji since ATI said they will be able to scale better on this matter. How do Nvidia aim to make VR plesant?

Information on what we are doing with VR can be found here: https://developer.nvidia.com/virtual-reality-development

• VR SLI provides increased performance for virtual reality apps where multiple GPUs can be assigned a specific eye to dramatically accelerate stereo rendering. With the GPU affinity API, VR SLI allows scaling for systems with >2 GPUs.

• Multi-Res Shading is an innovative new rendering technique for VR whereby each part of an image is rendered at a resolution that better matches the pixel density of the warped image. Multi-Res Shading uses Maxwell’s multi-projection architecture to render multiple scaled viewports in a single pass, delivering substantial performance improvements.

• Context Priority provides headset developers with control over GPU scheduling to support advanced virtual reality features such as asynchronous time warp, which cuts latency and quickly adjusts images as gamers move their heads, without the need to re-render a new frame.

• With Direct Mode, the NVIDIA driver treats VR headsets as head mounted displays accessible only to VR applications, rather than a normal Windows monitor that your desktop shows up on, providing better plug and play support and compatibility for the VR headset.

• Front Buffer Rendering enables the GPU to render directly to the front buffer to reduce latency.

What do you think?

Permalänk
Medlem

Well, first tnx for the reply, ye its looking interesting, im ordering cards after E3. It deffintently looks interesting, since i care about performance. I havent been on the green side yet but, havent read this before, and i did not know Nvidia was working that hard on VR. If Fiji is a marketing fail, i would feel more conftirable going with 980 ti sli for sure. I cant wait to order some fresh GPU´s tbh

/Tnx

Visa signatur

Asus Tuf Gaming 670e- Plus | Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24GB Gaming OC | G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Trident Z5 Neo RGB Expo | WD BLACK SN850X 2TB WD - WD BLACK SN850X 1TB - WD Black SSD SN750 1TB | Corsair RM1000e 1000W | Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Svart | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX | Rog Falchion Mx Cherry | Xtrfy MZ1 Wireless

Skärm: Samsung 49" NEO G9 Ultrawide | Samsung Q90T | Asus TUF Gaming VG27AQ | AOC G2460PQU

Cockpit: Gunfighter Mk.III Base - Modern Combat Grip Ultimate | Gladiator NXT EVO Omni Throttle | Logitech Flight Rudder Pedals | Tobii eye tracker 5