Microsoft tillåter funktionsskillnad mellan Xbox Series X och Xbox Series S i Baldur's Gate 3 - ingen lokal splitscreen för Series S

Permalänk
Medlem

Microsoft tillåter funktionsskillnad mellan Xbox Series X och Xbox Series S i Baldur's Gate 3 - ingen lokal splitscreen för Series S

"Super happy to confirm that after meeting @XboxP3 yesterday, we’ve found a solution that allows us to bring Baldur’s Gate 3 to Xbox players this year still, something we’ve been working towards for quite some time."

"All improvements will be there, with split-screen coop on Series X. Series S will not feature split-screen coop, but will also include cross-save progression between Steam and Xbox Series."
Swen Vincke, Larian Studios

Källa: Swen Vinckes tweet

Phil Spencer frågas om Baldur's Gate 3 Xbox-port här:

5:52

Skrivet av :

Destin Legarie: Baldur's Gate 3 team brought up some issues with Xbox series S and split screen getting it to work properly. I know the Forza team announced that it won't launch with split screen I believe.

Phil Spencer: Local split screen, yeah.

Destin Legarie: Is there some future where you allow developers just to launch on the Series X versus Series S because there's the parity clause right now and I'm curious will that ever be loosened up a bit?

Phil Spencer: I want to decouple these issues a little bit. The decision to do split screen or not is a creative decision, a dev decision. So if we think about like Forza it has nothing to do with any kind of hardware thing on S and X. Just where they wanted to focus their time. We obviously see the data in terms of how many people play locals local co-op for games. I love local co-op shout out to Vampire Survivors that just launched it's fantastic. But there's also just let's go where the play is in terms of where we're going to focus our Dev resources.

Phil Spencer: In terms of the two platforms I want games to launch on both platforms. There are feature differences between the platforms we have an ability to kind of handle that and how it works. Where teams are going to choose to focus their time and their effort is up to them. We're here to support them and what they want to do. We want to make sure that games when they're launching on competitive platforms are also launching on Xbox so we're going to learn from this experience as well because we don't love that. But I don't think it's something that's like a fatal flaw in the system. It's partners prioritizing their time, us listening and being a good partner to them. And you see some amazing games doing great work across S and X Diablo looks great, Starfield looks great, Forza looks great across both. We want to make sure console gaming is accessible to more people and we think the price point of the console is a pretty important part of that.

Destin Legarie: Yeah I love the Series S but there's been that conversation going around so I wanted to ask you about it.

Phil Spencer: Yeah and I think it's a fair question. I will say that I think some of the some of the discussion in the community has maybe not come from us or the devs. It's been more the community building while this happened, and then that happened, and then so it must be about this. I think we can do more to add clarity to actually where we are and I look forward to doing that.

Destin Legarie: So you threw like 300 devs out to Larian to help them get Baldur's Gate on Xbox?

Phil Spencer: It wasn't 300 but absolutely.

Destin Legarie: 400 wow.

Phil Spencer: It's a great game. They're an important partner. I'm meeting with them here at Gamescom. It's a game I want to see on the platform and we have resources that helped in terms of making sure it's gonna ship, I think they've said it's going to ship by the end of the year I think, that's their words.

Destin Legarie: Yeah.

Phil Spencer: In terms of what they've said. But like we should together come up with clarity to set some expectations for Xbox fans and I look forward to doing that.

Destin Legarie: Okay I just really like that game so I'm hoping I can play it on my consoles.

Phil Spencer: I do too, yeah, hopefully with cross-save so I can play my PC and my Xbox version back and forth.

Visa signatur

“The dollar is our currency, but it's your problem.” -John Connally, President Nixon's Treasury Secretary to a group of European finance minsters
"Keep the Russians out, the Americans in, and the Germans down" -NATO Secretary General, Lord Ismay