Corsair HS-1 = waste of money? (atleast mine)

Permalänk
Medlem

Corsair HS-1 = waste of money? (atleast mine)

mine seams to be a very bad one. first of all the cord is absurd it just coils up on it self. 2 times a week I have to straighten it out. I ordered it before it was released because I have always had a good experience with em. but when I pay almost 1000sek for a headset I dont want a headset thats have a working cord why have an about 2 meter long cord if you only can use 1 meter?

and now I only get sound from the right side, you didnt reply to me in the other post when I asked about this. but 1000sek for a headset and this is how its behave? thats not accepteble for me.

here is two pictures of how the cord behaves. ImageShack Album - 2 images
thats after 4 days of use each time sins I straighten it out and it do it by it self. in that sens of no other headset have ever become like that ever for me. even after 8 months of use in the same condigtion. the cord was kind of "bent" from when it was in the box so when not streched it just keps bending back and making a mess

*edit*
sorry about the bad topic I was just very irritated because I paid alot of money and it breaks after about one and a half months of use

Visa signatur

| ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.7Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-24 |
| ATi Radeon HD 6950@6970 (900|1350Mhz @ 1.14v) | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Corsair HX 650W |
| Nvidia's GT300 yields are less than 2% | Min ArmA2 YouTube Kanal |

Permalänk
Corsair

RMA it and you'll get a replacement. I can't comment on the cord issue you're having as it's not something I've heard of before. There's nothing unusual about the cord - it's largely the same as the braided cords on other headsets.

But if you think there's an issue, especially as sound from one earcup has been lost, then RMA it (or return to your reseller) and we'll happily replace it.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

RMA it and you'll get a replacement. I can't comment on the cord issue you're having as it's not something I've heard of before. There's nothing unusual about the cord - it's largely the same as the braided cords on other headsets.

But if you think there's an issue, especially as sound from one earcup has been lost, then RMA it (or return to your reseller) and we'll happily replace it.

just got a new one and it seams like the controll to change the volume broke after 3 days. the buttons dont change the volume at all anymore. and I have to say It do become very hot is that very healty for it?

Visa signatur

| ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE | Intel Core i7 2700K @ 4.7Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz @ 8-8-8-24 |
| ATi Radeon HD 6950@6970 (900|1350Mhz @ 1.14v) | Corsair Force GT 120GB | Corsair HX 650W |

Permalänk
Corsair

You don't appear to be having much luck! Again, if it is damaged then you can get it replaced.

I don't recall the volume control becoming hot. Do other USB devices also become unusually warm? Perhaps check your motherboard settings?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

You don't appear to be having much luck! Again, if it is damaged then you can get it replaced.

I don't recall the volume control becoming hot. Do other USB devices also become unusually warm? Perhaps check your motherboard settings?

it started working again so it might have been a some thing with the driver? and no they don't become hot but its not like its 80 degrees but it does kind feel warm when I have it in my hand. this is speculation but I would guess maybe 40 to 45 Celsius.

and where do you say "Motherboards settings" do you mean my bios? and what specific settings is it.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

I'd perhaps try uninstalling and then installing on a different USB port, just to check that it's not a problem with the specific USB port you're using. I don't imagine any BIOS settings will make a difference, but if anything you could look at whether the USB settings are set to Legacy USB or USB 2 etc. There may not be any settings like this in your BIOS.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Skrivet av The Mupp:

this is speculation but I would guess maybe 40 to 45 Celsius.

I left mine running for two hours now and the volume control is at most a few degrees above room temperature.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av AdInfinitum:

I left mine running for two hours now and the volume control is at most a few degrees above room temperature.

so it feels cool in your hand? because if it feels warm you either have a very hot room or its a few degrees over your skin tempeture

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Avstängd

Borrowing this thread.

Is the HS1 supposed to be used at a System Volume percentage of 2%? Its extremely loud even at that percentage, and when I start a game with for example EA Games logo as an intro its so loud I have to mute the sound completely or put the headset elsewhere. Its quite funny cause others have complained (not on this forum) that the sound is too low.

And I also get a "bop" type sound from time to time when it comes to gaming using both the 7.1 mode and Stereo (without Dolby enhancement) its really really really annoying.

It is only a week old now.

Visa signatur

PC #1: 60GB Corsair Nova2 Series|Samsung Spinpoint 250GB, WDC 500GB, WDC 1TB, WDG 1TB, Seagate 1TB|BENQ G2222HD, BENQ G2400W|Fractal Define R3|MSI 790XT-G45 Crossfire|Phenom II 720 BE X4 3.5GHz|Sapphire HD5850 1GB 725/1000|4GB DDR2 800MHz|Corsair 650W TX PSU|Logitech G15 Blue|ACE EDGE 3200|Corsair HS1A|Asus XONAR DX|Logitech X-530 | HD555.
PC #2: i5 2500k 4.2GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|HD6970 Crossfire|850W Corsair|60GB SSD|WDC 1TB

Permalänk
Skrivet av Hamzta:

Borrowing this thread.

Is the HS1 supposed to be used at a System Volume percentage of 2%? Its extremely loud even at that percentage, and when I start a game with for example EA Games logo as an intro its so loud I have to mute the sound completely or put the headset elsewhere. Its quite funny cause others have complained (not on this forum) that the sound is too low.

And I also get a "bop" type sound from time to time when it comes to gaming using both the 7.1 mode and Stereo (without Dolby enhancement) its really really really annoying.

It is only a week old now.

I have the same problem. For me, 10% system volume is as high as I can go without fearing damage to my hearing. 4-6% is the levels I use normally. This means that the useful volume levels are reduced a lot when adjusting volume with the volume controller. Each step is 2% so I get at most 5 steps between silence and "loud as hell". I do'nt want to know what would happen if the volume would be set to say 50% by mistake...

Is there any way around this?

Permalänk
Corsair

I'll check with the audio team, though they are at CES in Vegas now, so it may be a few days before I hear back.

Presumably, this is with the drivers installed, and it's the same no matter which USB port you use?

Visa signatur
Permalänk

I tested switching USB port and it did make some difference. I can now go up to around 18%.

It's of course difficult for me to say this is an error, but from my point of view the volume is highly excessive, and I wouldn't say I'm sensitive to high volumes.

The driver version is 7.12.8.2147. Let me know if you need more info.

Permalänk
Medlem

I Use (or used) siberia USB Soundcard, and it goes petty warm too. Maybe because its a soundcard and have to strength the signals or something? its like some amplifiers?

Visa signatur

Cpu: R5-3600 | MSI MEG X570 UNIFY | Vega64 RedDevil | Corsair 3200 Mhz 16GB | Phanteks PH-TC14PE | Chassi: R4 Arctic White | Steelseries Apex Pro | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Steelseries Arctis 7

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

I'll check with the audio team, though they are at CES in Vegas now, so it may be a few days before I hear back.

Presumably, this is with the drivers installed, and it's the same no matter which USB port you use?

It seems to be quite random actually, sometimes I can go higher, but most of the time its really loud above 5%
And when you boot a game, you pretty much have to mute the sound entirely, otherwise, your ears will take some serious damage, its really loud. Oh and even if I place the headset somewhere else I may still hear the music playing, either its leaking alot of sound or its pretty loud.

And I used the front USB port at first, and now I have tried 4 ports on the Rear but no difference at all.

Visa signatur

PC #1: 60GB Corsair Nova2 Series|Samsung Spinpoint 250GB, WDC 500GB, WDC 1TB, WDG 1TB, Seagate 1TB|BENQ G2222HD, BENQ G2400W|Fractal Define R3|MSI 790XT-G45 Crossfire|Phenom II 720 BE X4 3.5GHz|Sapphire HD5850 1GB 725/1000|4GB DDR2 800MHz|Corsair 650W TX PSU|Logitech G15 Blue|ACE EDGE 3200|Corsair HS1A|Asus XONAR DX|Logitech X-530 | HD555.
PC #2: i5 2500k 4.2GHz|8GB DDR3 1600MHz|HD6970 Crossfire|850W Corsair|60GB SSD|WDC 1TB

Permalänk

varför skriver ni på engelska ?

Visa signatur

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Intel 2700K @ 4.5 Ghz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 | XFX HD 7970 Black Edition | Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD | Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1600 MHZ | Corsair AX 850W | Asus Xonar STX | Qpad 5k | Qpad MK-80 PRO | Qpad Heaton XL
The Black,Blue & Red Ocean

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av wartech:

varför skriver ni på engelska ?

http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/127-corsair/956864-om-detta-...

Visa signatur

Permalänk

aha

Visa signatur

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Intel 2700K @ 4.5 Ghz | ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 | XFX HD 7970 Black Edition | Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD | Corsair 16GB Vengeance 1600 MHZ | Corsair AX 850W | Asus Xonar STX | Qpad 5k | Qpad MK-80 PRO | Qpad Heaton XL
The Black,Blue & Red Ocean

Permalänk
Medlem

Just about an hour ago I got the same problem with the right earcup stopped actually giving sound, it seems to be a problem with the Volume Controller since when I bend the cable I get the sound back. Something interesting is the fact that I've also felt that the Volume Controller is running hot every now and then.

I've just sent an e-mail to the retailer asking if I can get an RMA and I suppose it's up for time to tell, just wanted to let you know though.

Permalänk

Any updates on the volume issues?

Permalänk
Corsair

So far as I can tell from talking to engineering, the volume control should scale no differently to a standard Windows audio device, if the driver is installed correctly.

So I'd suggest uninstalling and re-installing the driver in admin mode, and with anti-virus disabled during the driver install.

If that still doesn't fix the issue, then consider an RMA in case it's a hardware issue, but from what I've learned this sounds like a driver issue.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

So far as I can tell from talking to engineering, the volume control should scale no differently to a standard Windows audio device, if the driver is installed correctly.

So I'd suggest uninstalling and re-installing the driver in admin mode, and with anti-virus disabled during the driver install.

If that still doesn't fix the issue, then consider an RMA in case it's a hardware issue, but from what I've learned this sounds like a driver issue.

But its not a driver issue at all. Max volume in Windows = max volume in the headset.
They should be completely independent of eachother.

And you may also ask the so-called engineers why the balance in the volume for left/right goes +/- 1 when below 16.

And returning the headset as an RMA, you might just end up with paying money for nothing, aka the product isnt 'broken'. The software is just complete garbage and needs a revamp.

Just so you know, I have a G15 keyboard and can control the system volume using it.
When I increase or decrease, the headset also increases the volume, and can clearly see it in its software, the bar gets higher/lower. That should not happen at all, only when you use the headsets own vol-control.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Hamzta:

And returning the headset as an RMA, you might just end up with paying money for nothing, aka the product isnt 'broken'. The software is just complete garbage and needs a revamp.

My HS1 and it's software works perfectly fine, så I'm pretty sure the problem is somewhere in your configuration. Instead of blaming the engineers at Corsair, reinstall Windows and configure it correctly, as well as configuring the BIOS correctly (guide here), and I'm confident you won't have a problem any more. If that by any chance doesn't work, maybe your particular headset is faulty?

Skrivet av Hamzta:

When I increase or decrease, the headset also increases the volume, and can clearly see it in its software, the bar gets higher/lower. That should not happen at all, only when you use the headsets own vol-control.

That isn't a bug, that's how the headset was designed. There is no independent volume control, the headsets volume control controls the volume in Windows just like the volume buttons on your keyboard do.

Visa signatur

ASUS Prime Z270-A | i7 7700K | GTX 1070 | 16GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | FD Newton R2 650W | FD Define R3

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Dackis:

My HS1 and it's software works perfectly fine, så I'm pretty sure the problem is somewhere in your configuration. Instead of blaming the engineers at Corsair, reinstall Windows and configure it correctly, as well as configuring the BIOS correctly (guide here), and I'm confident you won't have a problem any more. If that by any chance doesn't work, maybe your particular headset is faulty?

That isn't a bug, that's how the headset was designed. There is no independent volume control, the headsets volume control controls the volume in Windows just like the volume buttons on your keyboard do.

And what does TweakGuides have to do with a frikkin USB headset?

Ive already spoken to RAM GUY on Corsairs forum and its not a software issue, its a hardware issue, with the HEADSET. And Ive already tried with the crap above you suggested and even more, nothing fixed shit.

The headsets design has so many flaws, why would you NOT be able to control windows AND the headset individually? "Mind Blown"
Start up a game and mute your sound completely OR get your ears impaired, you choose.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

You can control the volume of the headset and another audio device individually - it's in Volume Control Options, in Windows 7. I have SP2500 and HS1 attached to this system, and I can set their levels independently. Obviously, whichever is the default audio device has control over the Windows volume control sliders at that time, so if HS1 is default, the HS1's volume control (and any keyboard controls etc) will control the volume of that device. If the SP2500 is default (via a soundcard) the volume slider controls this, but it does not change the level of the HS1.

I hope that makes sense / answers your question?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

You can control the volume of the headset and another audio device individually - it's in Volume Control Options, in Windows 7. I have SP2500 and HS1 attached to this system, and I can set their levels independently. Obviously, whichever is the default audio device has control over the Windows volume control sliders at that time, so if HS1 is default, the HS1's volume control (and any keyboard controls etc) will control the volume of that device. If the SP2500 is default (via a soundcard) the volume slider controls this, but it does not change the level of the HS1.

I hope that makes sense / answers your question?

You dont even know what I was talking about. I was talking about Win Volume and the Headset.
Not Speakers and the Headset...

If windows volume is at 100%, the headsets volume is at 100%
I had to put mine at 20%.
I also had to adjust so that windows volume is at 20%, and then every other program to approx 5-10.
But now I dont even have that headset, which I am glad that I dont.

Edit:
If using a normal 3.5mm headset, you can adjust the volume of windows and headset individually.
If using a HS1, you cannot.
It is that simple, and its very annoying.

And by the way, do something about your official forum. Its ridiculous.
Mention another brand and your post will be deleted.
You can only PM once every 20 minutes.
Every post requires an Approval.
Recommend a different product to a guy and you might get banned.
And you have no interest in actually helping the consumer, especially concerning the HS1 and HS1A.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

The HS1A is analog and would behave in the manner you are describing (and wanting). I'm sorry I couldn't help you, which I was certainly trying to do.

Visa signatur