Market fraud - maybe add few more rules

Permalänk
Medlem

Market fraud - maybe add few more rules

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and new to Sweden, which I love so far. I've read some posts in the Market related topics and it seems that there are fraudulent sales from time to time where people lose money.

In the forum I am a member of in my "old" country, being able to post an advertisement was a privilege. User had to be a member for 6 months and have a number of forum posts which would mean that he is an active member of the community. Also posts in some of the topics were not counted - ie. talk about movies, shows, books, ads themselves, etc. Only IT related topics like software, hardware, audio and video, etc. posts counted for this status. If someone tried to boost his posts (by adding simple comments to topics), admins would delete them.

I don't know if this forum supports these functions and if admin team has the time to deal with it, but having a bit more rules could prevent fraud on the long run.

My two cents.

Visa signatur

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

Permalänk
Medlem

Sure, suggest rules about the Market without even bothering to find out about the current rules. Good start.

Permalänk
Medlem

I have read the current rules and they say that you must be a member for a month. SweClockers does take 30 SEK in order for you to be able to post, but that does not prove that you are a "good" person, only that you can be traced, but not sure if police can/will do anything in case of small fraud.

Based on my experience, people buy from forum ads because they want additional sense of security and to buy from a like minded individuals. Otherwise they can use Ebay/Tradera/something else.

Edit: to elaborate - idea of these rules on that forum is to prevent fraudsters and "professional" sellers from participating, but to enable "real" forum members to sell their own equipment. There are also rules about 1 ad in 10 days, and some more, but not sure if they can be easily implemented.

Edit2: by being a new member, I have a new "view" of the forum. Just because something was "always done" in a particular way, doesn't mean that its good.

Additional info.
Visa signatur

Permalänk

I agree, it's so much better buying things from here because of the added security when people are old posters. But I don't think it will ever happen, partly because sweclockers makes money from more market ads, and also because the market serves as a way to get others to sweclockers. If you close the market to only old members then you wouldn't attract as many outsiders and end up with less website clicks in the long run.

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Just don't buy things with prepayment/shipping from new accounts. It's that simple..

Permalänk
Medlem

I agree with anon265474 that you can check who you are buying from, but not all users do that and then fraud happens. I am not for 100% hand holding, but a lot of people still fall for online fraud but would not fall for real world fraud. Its like their part of their brain turns off when internet is involved So thought that a bit of help from SweClockers could reduce it

I do understand that implementing this (or similar) would take a lot of effort from admins, and probably reduce some of the traffic (as pointed by siglolmic). My idea was to put this in the open and see if it can bring a change. If it does, good. If not, I tried and that's it. I was triggered by reading some posts in "SweClockers - Marknadsreferenser (läs första inlägget innan du postar!)" thread which describe fraud.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

I doubt that would bring any noticeable change.

Visa signatur

Why would a dragon hoard gold? Because the dragon represents everything that you’re afraid of. What’s embedded in everything you’re afraid of? Absolutely everything that you need to find. Run from what you’re afraid of, run from exactly what you need to find. Dragons hoard gold because the thing you most need is always to be found where you least want to look. What happens if you go after the dragon? - Jordan Peterson

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Dina "två cent" borde väl primärt vara "dina två kronor?"

Jag begriper inte varför folk "hakar på" utrikiskan så snabbt

Permalänk
Medlem

On that forum it did work and also reduced some offtopic noise about buying and selling, between "professional sellers" and regular members. We also had a lot of problems with people asking for price assessment questions like "How much I can get for i5 2500k" and then someone would send a PM and persuade them to sell it for less than it is really worth.

At the end of the day, most users are happy with the rules and how it turned out. Some, newer members are not, because they can't post until the reach the "age" and post count limits, but it is understood that being able to sell is a privilege for regular members as opposed to a right and it seems to work.

Again, my idea for this post is to start a discussion. Probably there are other, better ways to reduce the fraud. This was just and idea that works on another forum.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av anon257891:

Dina "två cent" borde väl primärt vara "dina två kronor?"

Jag begriper inte varför folk "hakar på" utrikiskan så snabbt

Well, I am new to Sweden so kronor is new to me

Also, "my two cents" is an expressions that has a history behind it. Not sure if it would be understood properly if I said "my two kronor". I did work with companies from USA, UK and Canada as an IT engineer and that's probably the reason I picked up a lot of their "expressions".

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av stolle99:

On that forum it did work and also reduced some offtopic noise about buying and selling, between "professional sellers" and regular members. We also had a lot of problems with people asking for price assessment questions like "How much I can get for i5 2500k" and then someone would send a PM and persuade them to sell it for less than it is really worth.

At the end of the day, most users are happy with the rules and how it turned out. Some, newer members are not, because they can't post until the reach the "age" and post count limits, but it is understood that being able to sell is a privilege for regular members as opposed to a right and it seems to work.

Again, my idea for this post is to start a discussion. Probably there are other, better ways to reduce the fraud. This was just and idea that works on another forum.

Vad är det du vill diskutera?

Gällande regler är extremt tydliga (och du verkar mer eller mindre argumentera för dessa?) Vad är det du vill ha sagt? Och vad är det du vill diskutera? (Som skiljer sig mot gällande regelverk för marknaden?)

Permalänk
Medlem

Hm maybe 1month before making an want to buy add and 6 months before making an I want to sell add.

Because then new members that seek advice for a build also can make and add that they want to buy pc parts.

For me i dont mind either do because I dont use the marketplace that much.

But if I buy from lets say tradera then there review and grades from earlier sold products is something way more important to me then how long they have been a member. And Sweclockers have started to implement a rating system.

I cant spell english btw but I hope you can understand me anyway.

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av stolle99:

Well, I am new to Sweden so kronor is new to me

Also, "my two cents" is an expressions that has a history behind it. Not sure if it would be understood properly if I said "my two kronor". I did work with companies from USA, UK and Canada as an IT engineer and that's probably the reason I picked up a lot of their "expressions".

Nu är vi ju inte kompletta idioter, vi fattar" lösa" referenser (även om vi inte är födda i USA): du behöver inte "mansplaina" det!

(och så jävla "ny" till sverige är du inte!)

Återigen: Vad är det du vill diskutera?

Permalänk
Medlem

Since Sweclockers marketplace requires verification of identity with BankID, I would say it doesn't matter if it's 1 week, 1 month or 1 year you have to wait to post. I would say that is one of the major differences of the forum from another country that you speak about.

Still not sure what your goal is. Will always be fraud when using a marketplace, it's just about reducing it and personally I think BankID might be the best method (but still not safe)

Permalänk
Medlem

@Rayintaz - my goal was to "prod" members to see if there is something that can be done to improve the system, on which most would agree. Nothing more. As I said, I read a few posts where members complained about fraud and that inspired me to start this thread.

@anon257891 - I wanted to see if others feel the same way and if admins may be willing to implement changes. As to what changes - something like participation in other parts of SweClockers and not just marketplace and also 6 month instead of 1 month delay before you can post an ad. Also, sorry if I offended by explaining, its in my nature since I've been working with end users (IT support) for past 15 years so it became a habit.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Samsung Sverige

The buyer ofcourse also has a say in every transaction. What i mean is the buyer should look up the seller and decide for himself if it is wise to pre-pay for a product that is being sold from an account that is a month old.

You cant expect the market to care for every individual transaction. Somewhere along the line there needs to be some personal responsibility.

Anyway, Sweclockers uses BankID to verify ads. It can honestly not get much better in my personal opinion

//Pontus

Visa signatur

» Betalt samarbete och medlemmarnas länk till Samsung Sverige (företräder inte bolaget Samsung)
» Bidrar med kunskap och expertis inom Samsungs telefoner, plattor och wearables
» Behöver du hjälp? Pinga mig genom att skriva @samsung