Permalänk
Medlem

Warranty tolerance

I just wonder what you would do in this case. I bought a premium PSU but when I was mounting it to the chassis one of the screw holes broke so that the screw didn't catch up. However it was just one of the four screw holes that broke so I was able to mount it anyway, but it hangs loosely a little bit on one side. My question to you is: Would this little fault be fixed on the warranty by your company?

Visa signatur

Main Rig FD Define R4 |Intel C2Q Q9650@3.6GHz|Asus P5Q-E|OCZ Reaper 4GB@800MHz|WD6400AAKS|HD6850|Corsair HX650
HTPC HDPLEX H1.S |Intel Core i3 4330|ASRock Z87E-ITX|8GB|128GB mSATA
Work Dell Vostro 3360 |Intel Core i5-3317U|8GB|Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Permalänk
Medlem

Actually, unless you screwed (no pun intended!) up real bad, Swedish law says they have to fix it..

So to answer your question, probably

Permalänk
Medlem

To screw them really hard you have to use a screw driver or something like that. In this case I just screw by hand and the hole broke easily. But who would judge that?

Visa signatur

Main Rig FD Define R4 |Intel C2Q Q9650@3.6GHz|Asus P5Q-E|OCZ Reaper 4GB@800MHz|WD6400AAKS|HD6850|Corsair HX650

Permalänk

Hi!
Yes, we would change WHEN this really happened. I cn not imagine how this can happen because the PSU case is a very stable one from nearly every good premium brand.
Even I am not working as RMA worker, I personally check EVERY COUGAR PSU which is coming in for RMA. I take it, have a look on it, read the description of the failure and put it by myself on our test stations to check all details. It is very important to learn from the RMA where your problems are.

But this problem you mentioned, I never heard before.

And of course, the PSU should be fixed proparly, this is also important!

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av this
To screw them really hard you have to use a screw driver or something like that. In this case I just screw by hand and the hole broke easily. But who would judge that?

Maybe the PSU is designed with a nut that is soldered/welded on the inside of the sheat metal of the chassi, if so that nut is intended for the screw and if it has fallen off you can´t use that hole?

It´s just a theory but maybe that´s what happened to you, becuase I can´t imagine what else it could be, unless you physically breaks it yourself by force and a much to large screwdriver!

It´s simple really (I think), if you did it yourself you can´t demand anything, but if it´s a faulty product from factory, then RMA it.

Just like Kamouflage says, we have laws that must be followed reguarding things like this!

Permalänk
Medlem

I think that the best thing I can do now is to send a mail to the RMA.

Visa signatur