[Build Log] White SG09 with Power and Watercooling

Permalänk

[Build Log] White SG09 with Power and Watercooling

Hello, ones again

So my latestet build; Unobtainable was a great PC to build, and it got a lot of positive feedback ;D

But my eager to create something new, and also a (hopefully) better looking build.
So I will hope you will follow this build as well, and please; positive criticism is always welcome, so dont hold back

First of I would once like to thanks Aquatuning.de for sponsoring this build with many great watercooling parts

And also thanks to Fractal Design for sponsoring the Newton R3 1000W White PSU.

But to the main part; Building a kick ass looking SG09 with a lot of watercooling.

So first of the SG09 case. A really small case produced by Silverstone, but still space enough for a mATX and SLI, and hopefully for my ideas of watercooling
Just a quick picture for you that haven't seen it yet (more to come later):

Most people doesn't really like the front of the case (which also seems why Silverstone have made SG10).
But I see opportunities, so hopefully it will turn out better after it have been painted.
And you guessed it right, there isn't sold any white SG09 case, so I will spray paint the hole case (because I like white cases).

About the internal hardware, it's going to be a powerfull rig but not extreme (just yet).
It's going to be a Intel I7 3770k, 16gb of RAM, a Rog Maximus Gene IV Z some Intel SSD and of course two lovely GPU's;

Two nice Evga GTX 670 +SC 4gb cards. Reason that I chosen those two cards, you will understand later

All the watercooling blocks will come from EKWB, since I really like their continues CSQ design on all the blocks and that it's Plexi tops to see the water flow though and give a nice "show" effect.

(more on their way)

I got almost all the parts, so the build can begin. However, my time is limited, so please be patient, I want this build done as fast as you (but still looking awesome).

Actually a nice big package came today from Aquatuning.de, but still missing a lot more
The package contains a lot of nice things;
Two nice D5 pumps with Plexi tops.

Reservoirs with a lot of lighting options

Some nice radiators from both Phobya (200mm) and two 120mm from alphacool.

Thise will also get colored to fit the theme of white and Green (white frame and green fins).

Some tuping;

Really like these tupes, because the are really flexible which is nice in a small case

And a lot of other nice products from Phobya (temp sensor, lightning, pump silence and some radiator shrouds) that would get in this build;

It's a lot of hardware and watercooling to get into this small build, which means challenges, but I got a plan :sneaky:

So the next thing for this build is to recieve the last products (some watercooling parts and sleeving from MDPC-x), and then get going with installation and modding.

And then afterwards the painting of all the parts will begin to get the build look great and unique in the green and white theme

And I also got a little surprise, but more on that later on.

So hope you will follow and like the outcome, and if you got some feedback, please let me know

Permalänk

So a bit of update, again it's a bit slow cause of my limited time, but I will get there with an awesome end result, promise
First of the GPU's got them a make over:

The card alone. A really small card but still very powerfull.

One card

Two cards

And from the back with the back plates.

Now imagine that these get colored white and the rings becomes green
And green water running though those nice looking EKWB plexi nickel blocks.

I also got a nice package from Nils at MDPC-X inculding some sleeving, pre-cut heat shrink and a crimping tool.

Some really nice looking sleeving, looking forward to get going with it

The last shipment from Aquatuning.de should come soon, just waiting for those good looking Monsoon fittings

Permalänk
Inaktiv

Looks great Is there any reason it's in English?

Permalänk

Nice, man just wish you goodluck, And i really wanted to see someone mod/build in the sugo 09

Keep It up!

Visa signatur

Nils-Julius

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av anon188021:

Probably because he don't speak Swedish that good...
Or maybe because he is from Denmark?

Anyway, nice start!
I would have suggested all black heatshrink

Permalänk
Skrivet av anon188021:

Skrivet av iSw3de:

Probably because he don't speak Swedish that good...
Or maybe because he is from Denmark?

Anyway, nice start!
I would have suggested all black heatshrink

iSw3de said it, im from DK and I did believe English would be the best to use. Hope that's not a problem

Im going for an all white and green build, and I mean ALL..
Perhaps I will not use the heashrinks, not sure on that just yet

Permalänk
Skrivet av SFruergaard:

Some nice radiators from both Phobya (200mm) and two 120mm fra alphacool.

English/Danish ^^I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, just try to be nice

Visa signatur

Tryck på Citera om du vill ha svar.

Permalänk
Medlem

After reading through your Unobtainable worklog i have some pretty big expectations here I'm looking forward to more updates, definitely subscribing to this thread.

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

Mm, this is going to be a kick ass build!

Visa signatur

yayaya I am Lorde yayaya

Permalänk
Skrivet av gudbrandsen:

English/Danish ^^I'm not trying to be a grammar nazi, just try to be nice

He, sometimes it just goes to fast
(thanks, and is corrected now)

Skrivet av Marcusk:

After reading through your Unobtainable worklog i have some pretty big expectations here I'm looking forward to more updates, definitely subscribing to this thread.

Yea, Unobtainable was/is a really great build.
And with the current plan for this build, this should top it.
Perhaps not as much in therms of new thinking, but the overall looks will be way better.
But it's gona get just as thight ans compact in this case.

(Update coming soon, with some of HW installed in the case )

Skrivet av CCWarlock:

Mm, this is going to be a kick ass build!

I do believe so.
And perhaps even more kick ass, than any of us can imagine right now.......

Permalänk

MOOOOAAARRR!!!

Visa signatur

| Lenovo E531 |

Permalänk
Administrativ avgift

This could become a nice build hehe :)!

Visa signatur

Loque Raw s1| 7950x3D | B650-i | 2x16GB DDR5 CL30@6000 | 2TB m.2 | 4090 TUF | Samsung G9 49 | Vive Focus 3

Permalänk
Permalänk

First installation of the hardware and pumps in the case
There isn't that much to say. You should begin to see what my plan is with this build according to fitting it all in that small case

IT FITS!
yea, I was worried about fitting the pumps like this, but with a few mm to spare, that was no problem.
Really love those pumps, but I might change the top to plexi EKWB CSQ, to fit the theme of CSQ blocks.
But, many things can still happen. Might even change the GPU's to something stronger

At the left 120mm fan one of the alphacool radiator will be installed.
The 200mm Phobya radiator will get installed un top of the 180mm fan. So it's going to be outside the case.

The left side of the case (the one you see from on the above picture) will get as much window as possible to show of this nice view

So here some more detailed pics:

My plan was to watercool the RAM aswell, however that may not be possible, since it will get to high and block for the reservoirs :-/

And the backplates;

Really looking forward getting them painted. They will look so nice

A sad story though; I will be away from the build the next month
However, when I return, I got more time to work on this build

I will still answer to any of your questions, and keep you updated if the plan for the hardware change

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem
Skrivet av SFruergaard:

First installation of the hardware and pumps in the case
There isn't that much to say. You should begin to see what my plan is with this build according to fitting it all in that small case
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img545/244/img9892s.jpg

IT FITS!
yea, I was worried about fitting the pumps like this, but with a few mm to spare, that was no problem.
Really love those pumps, but I might change the top to plexi EKWB CSQ, to fit the theme of CSQ blocks.
But, many things can still happen. Might even change the GPU's to something stronger

At the left 120mm fan one of the alphacool radiator will be installed.
The 200mm Phobya radiator will get installed un top of the 180mm fan. So it's going to be outside the case.

The left side of the case (the one you see from on the above picture) will get as much window as possible to show of this nice view

So here some more detailed pics:
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img716/417/img9894t.jpg

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img689/7558/img9897s.jpg

[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img713/73/img9903rb.jpg

My plan was to watercool the RAM aswell, however that may not be possible, since it will get to high and block for the reservoirs :-/

And the backplates;
[IMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img40/6237/img9902w.jpg

Really looking forward getting them painted. They will look so nice

A sad story though; I will be away from the build the next month
However, when I return, I got more time to work on this build

I will still answer to any of your questions, and keep you updated if the plan for the hardware change

AWESOME!
Now to fit the radiators?

Visa signatur

yayaya I am Lorde yayaya

Permalänk

Looking forward to see the finish of this build, nice to sponsored to

Visa signatur

[Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro, Ryzen 5700X, G.skill Trident 3600, AMD 6600XT]

Permalänk
Medlem

Looking really nice, good luck.

Visa signatur

Why procastinate now when I can do it tomorrow?

Permalänk
Medlem

Really nice buid you got there!
saw your last build in the prodigy, you seem to be somwhat of an expert in super small, extreme performance riggs!

I will be folowing this for shure....

Visa signatur

Jag tar jobbet med mig hem, i form av Tinitus.

Permalänk
Medlem

looks very nice!
have you planed on how it will look with the 200mm on the outside?
I believe this will be an Awesome build! keep on going:)

Visa signatur

TECH. NO LOGIC.

Permalänk

Thanks guys

Skrivet av CCWarlock:

AWESOME!
Now to fit the radiators?

I do have a plan for that, but will have to wait until I return

Skrivet av abbebandy:

Really nice buid you got there!
saw your last build in the prodigy, you seem to be somwhat of an expert in super small, extreme performance riggs!

I will be folowing this for shure....

Thanks, well I do love SFF builds, but also a lot of power and watercooling

Skrivet av VHggstRm:

looks very nice!
have you planed on how it will look with the 200mm on the outside?
I believe this will be an Awesome build! keep on going:)

I do have an idea how it's gona look. And hopefully it will turn out just as I believe

Permalänk

So back from my trip, and I had a package waiting for me
It was Fractal Design's new Newton R3 1000w white PSU, that Fractal Design have sponsored this build with

Only thing is that they have lowered the value of when the fan starts spinning from 50% to only 25%.
Perhaps some of the PSU's got to hot under 500W, but still a nice feature which I have wanted to make the system as quiet as possible

It also features a white fan (perfect), but it's frame is black, but that's easy to color.

It's only semi modular, it's okay, but it would have been easier with at fully modular design.
Also it would have made it look extra nice with white sleeving and all white connectors, if some one wanted a hole white build, but couldn't do sleeving

So installed in the case, it looks a little odd with all the black, but when I get the case colored, it will look just awesome
Also really nice with the snowflake on the back, in general it would be more visuel if painted light blue. But white is fine to this build, but it won't really be possible to see :-/

Overall, a really nice 1000w Platinum PSU, that with it's 165mm lenght and white color fits just perfect in this build.
Thanks again to Fractal Design for sponsoring the PSU for this build

Tomorrow I will go buy the dremel so that the holes for windows, tupes, sensors and so on can be cut before getting case painted

Permalänk
Medlem

Sweet baby jesus! Awesome build!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Looking really good! Keep it up!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk

Well, this is a obvious follow! Looking forward to see this build take place

Permalänk

So, Im sorry for the wait, my time is very limited at the moment -_-
I have though made a little progress;

First of, some nice big windows have been cut out with the new dremel.

There will of course be installed some Plexi class in those
Not sure, if it should be with glue or some screws or rivets...

Also, the case have been taken apart, and the painting have begun;
First the parts have been getting a little sandpaper love
And then a white primer;

Second the white color. How ever I not done yet (ran out of paint).

And sadly it began running a little on the plastik front;

but it's easy to fix, just a sand it down, and begin painting again.

I still have some fans, radiators and reservoirs to paint.

There have also been a small change to the loop and pumped use, so I now can watercool the RAM aswell with the EKWB CSQ Nickel Plexi blok I got.
Will look good with some white LED in all those EKWB parts

Permalänk

So, it have been a while since I updated you last.
not becourse I didn't want to, there just haven't been anything to update you about.
But that have changed, and I got more time in these days, so the speed of this build will increase

Today, the last layer of paint got on the case and once Again in one piece;

I really love how this case looks in White, and can't wait to get this build finished

In the two holes in the top, two temp sensor/displays will get installed. Sadly, it will be the only thing not White or green, since they have a blue screen :-/

I also got to be creative with the backplates for the GPU:

The top rings, didn't turn out that great since I used a small brush, but once I changed to a pencil it got a lot better (the ugly once will not be visible once installed in the case). Both are done, you will see the result on the GPU's tomorrow

What I hope to get done tomorrow is;
1) Buy Platisk 70 and get the motherboard painted

2) Installed all the hardware in the case to measure where to fit rads and reservoir + pump and drill the holes for those.

3) Measure cable lenght and begin sleeving

I will hopefully get time to update you tomorrow aswell (Also got a nice big package from Aquatuning.de, containing the last Things, which I will show tomorrow aswell).

Until then, I'm still missing a cool name for this project, any ideas?

Permalänk

Good job man, i like it very much Keep it up

Visa signatur

Nils-Julius

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av SFruergaard:

I'm still missing a cool name for this project, any ideas?

" Petite Grenouille " ? Means little frog in french, was the first thing i thought about when it was a little green and white build

Grenouille works too imo.

Visa signatur

EVGA RTX 3080 / 5800x / Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Ballistix 32GB 3200mhz / Corsair SF750 750W / Gigabyte 48" AORUS FO48U OLED 4K 120 Hz

Permalänk
Skrivet av Dussan89:

" Petite Grenouille " ? Means little frog in french, was the first thing i thought about when it was a little green and white build

Grenouille works too imo.

An option, will think about it.
However, I don't know how many will understand it :-/

New update tonight (and it's BIG).
It have been raining here in DK, so painting haven't been a option until yesterday..

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av SFruergaard:

An option, will think about it.
However, I don't know how many will understand it :-/

New update tonight (and it's BIG).
It have been raining here in DK, so painting haven't been a option until yesterday..

Well you could just call it Froggy

Visa signatur

EVGA RTX 3080 / 5800x / Gigabyte X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI / Ballistix 32GB 3200mhz / Corsair SF750 750W / Gigabyte 48" AORUS FO48U OLED 4K 120 Hz