Help! I need advices how to move my home from Vaxjo to Stockholm

Permalänk

Help! I need advices how to move my home from Vaxjo to Stockholm

Hello guys,
Hope you have a great holiday so far.

I just finish my study in Vaxjo and I plan to continue my study in Stockholm. Then I need to move my things from Vaxjo to Stockholm.

What I plan to move:
1. One 49 inch TV with box
2. One 34 inch 21:9 monitor
3. Two desktops
4. One gaming chair
5. One bicycle
6. Five suitcases

I felt headache when searching how to move these things from Vaxjo to Stockholm. My budget is under 5000kr. The methods I thought:
1. Rent a van. Drive it from Stockholm to Vaxjo, and go back. After checking the price in OKQ8, I need to pay 7 kr/km after 120 km... Total distance is more than 900 km...
2. Find a home moving company? Do you have any suggestion about it? I guess it is paid by hour and I need to pay the time when they are returning from Stockholm to Vaxjo?
3. Go contact with Postnord, DHL, or UPS? To hire a truck to move everything? Is this possible to do? How much will it cost?
4. Rent a SUV from Eurocar in Vaxjo, return the car in Stockholm. Leave the chair and bicycle in Vaxjo.

Do you have any other ideas? Thanks for help.

Visa signatur

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 PRO Keyboard: SteelSeries 6G v2 MX Black Speakers: Samsung HW-Q995B/XE Monitor: Apple Studio Display, LG OLED65C2 Game Console: PS5 digital, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Steam deck

Permalänk
Medlem

PeGe minibus have student discount and have big vehicles you can rent. (Maaybe this discount was only for EHVS-member though, I have forgot)

I guess an option could be to use busgods (i think they are the cheapest per liter/kg)

Also consider to sell stuff on campus. Do you really need the gamingchair? Could you sell it and buy a new one when you arrive to stockholm. This item feels in particular very bulky. If you dont take it to stockholm it feels like everything else could fit in a volvo v70/90 or similar. Also comsidee to get rid of other bulky stuff you havent mentioned.

When you go to stockholm you could use swebus since with them you are able to take more luggage compared with train (need to pay a bit extra though)

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Permalänk
Medlem

Check out Hertz.se You can pickup a car/transporter at one location and leave it at destination. Best thing is to call them, website can be messy.

*I use them all the time, but calling in is the best options.

Visa signatur

Chassi: Corsair Obsidian 500 RGB SE / Systemdisk Samsung 980 PRO SSD: Samsung 850 PRO 250GB / SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB / SSD: Crucial MX300 1TB / CPU: Ryzen 7 3800X @ 4,2 Ghz / Kylning: Noctua NH-D15S push/pull / GPU: MSI 3080Ti SUPRIM X / PSU: Corsair RM1200i / MB: ASUS X470-f Gaming / RAM: HyperX Fury 2x16GB 3600 mhz / OS: W10 / Mus: Logitech G903 / TB: Logitech G915 TKL Wireless / Ljud: Sound BlasterX Pro-Gaming AE-9, Blue Yeti , Sennheiser HD660S, Skärm: Acer Predator X34P @3440x1440 UltraWide

Permalänk
Inofficiell ambassadör
Skrivet av CaptainYan:

Hello guys,
Hope you have a great holiday so far.

I just finish my study in Vaxjo and I plan to continue my study in Stockholm. Then I need to move my things from Vaxjo to Stockholm.

What I plan to move:
1. One 49 inch TV with box
2. One 34 inch 21:9 monitor
3. Two desktops
4. One gaming chair
5. One bicycle
6. Five suitcases

I felt headache when searching how to move these things from Vaxjo to Stockholm. My budget is under 5000kr. The methods I thought:
1. Rent a van. Drive it from Stockholm to Vaxjo, and go back. After checking the price in OKQ8, I need to pay 7 kr/km after 120 km... Total distance is more than 900 km...
2. Find a home moving company? Do you have any suggestion about it? I guess it is paid by hour and I need to pay the time when they are returning from Stockholm to Vaxjo?
3. Go contact with Postnord, DHL, or UPS? To hire a truck to move everything? Is this possible to do? How much will it cost?
4. Rent a SUV from Eurocar in Vaxjo, return the car in Stockholm. Leave the chair and bicycle in Vaxjo.

Do you have any other ideas? Thanks for help.

Cirkle K has vans for rent that you can pick up at one location and return at Another. So does Hertz. Probably Avis as well. Check them out!

EDIT: As it has been pointed out by other members, Circle K no longer provides this service.

Visa signatur

Mobo Aorus B550 Pro V2 CPU Ryzen 5600X RAM Corsair Vengance 16GB @ 36000 MHZ
GPU MSI GTX 1080 ti Gaming X Skärm Acer X34A

Permalänk
Medlem

Ni hao!

You can rent a car in växjö and leave it in Stockholm no need to go back and forth.
I think OKQ8 offer this. Why go with the empty car?

Avoid the postnord. Schenker have quite good prices if you want to send by service.
Maybee also "bussgods" can be an option.

Visa signatur

Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB 3600MHz CL16, SN850 500GB SN750 2TB, B550 ROG, 3090 24 GB
Har haft dessa GPUer: Tseng ET6000, Matrox M3D, 3DFX Voodoo 1-3, nVidia Riva 128, TNT, TNT2, Geforce 256 SDR+DDR, Geforce 2mx, 3, GT 8600m, GTX460 SLI, GTX580, GTX670 SLI, 1080 ti, 2080 ti, 3090 AMD Radeon 9200, 4850 CF, 6950@70, 6870 CF, 7850 CF, R9 390, R9 Nano, Vega 64, RX 6800 XT
Lista beg. priser GPUer ESD for dummies

Permalänk
Medlem

Rent a car with a towing hitch and a trailer. Both oneway from Växjö to Stockholm. I have done the same from Kiruna to Sundsvall, so it shouldn't be a problem.
That depends on if you are comfortable with driving with a trailer that is.

Else still get a large estate car with a towing hitch and buy a cheap bikerack (https://www.biltema.se/fritid/cyklar/cykeltillbehor/cykelhall...) and strap the bike on it. Then if you really put your tetris skills to the test I'm sure that you can fit the rest in the car.
Fold the rear seats and cram stuff as best as you can even in the passenger front seat if you driving alone.

Permalänk
Medlem

Call Hertz, pickup a rent car form the closest location and leave it in Stockholm.

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Ah, MX Blues, the power of nuclear bombs at your fingertips!

13700KF / Gigabyte Z790UD / 32gb DDR5@6000mhz / Powercolor RX 6700 XT 12Gb / NZXT HALE90 750 / NZXT H2 White

Permalänk
Medlem

If you can rent a car with a towbar, then I'm sure you can also rent a trailer that you can return in Stockholm.

Simply put, if you can rent a car with a towbar you can always get a bike rack and transport your bike that way and fit the rest inside the car if you don't have lots of stuff/furniture. So you can bring your bike even if you don't rent a trailer.

You might not be able to book a car with a tow bar or a roof box (if that's the way you want to fit more stuff) for that matter directly on the rental services websites, but you often can if you call them up. Hertz, Europcar etc should offer that service. You can always rent a minibus too if you can manage to fit your stuff inside of a minibus and that should be cheaper than renting a van. You just need to call them up if you need extras such as a tow bar or a roof box. Every rental pickup station might not have them, but you should be able to find a place. You should have no trouble to make it far under your budget here.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Xyborg:

Cirkle K has vans for rent that you can pick up at one location and return at Another. So does Hertz. Probably Avis as well. Check them out!

You would need to return it to the same station.

Skrivet av Circle K:

Envägshyra

Vi erbjuder inte envägsuthyrning. Bilen, släpet eller lastbilen hämtas ut och lämnas tillbaka på samma station.

Permalänk

PeGe minibus has a great price. However, it could require return the car in Vaxjo too...

In bussgods, I should use Helpall? They will pick up all my things from my home? And send it to my room in Stockholm?

Yes, you are right. I could leave some bulky stuff to sell on campus.

Do you know any flyttfirma company? It could be much expensive if I call them?

Skrivet av PlogarN97:

PeGe minibus have student discount and have big vehicles you can rent. (Maaybe this discount was only for EHVS-member though, I have forgot)

I guess an option could be to use busgods (i think they are the cheapest per liter/kg)

Also consider to sell stuff on campus. Do you really need the gamingchair? Could you sell it and buy a new one when you arrive to stockholm. This item feels in particular very bulky. If you dont take it to stockholm it feels like everything else could fit in a volvo v70/90 or similar. Also comsidee to get rid of other bulky stuff you havent mentioned.

When you go to stockholm you could use swebus since with them you are able to take more luggage compared with train (need to pay a bit extra though)

Visa signatur

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder V2 PRO Keyboard: SteelSeries 6G v2 MX Black Speakers: Samsung HW-Q995B/XE Monitor: Apple Studio Display, LG OLED65C2 Game Console: PS5 digital, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X, Steam deck

Permalänk

Thanks for advice.

Skrivet av Valonen:

Check out Hertz.se You can pickup a car/transporter at one location and leave it at destination. Best thing is to call them, website can be messy.

*I use them all the time, but calling in is the best options.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Since I go from Stockholm to Vaxjo for moving my stuff... However, it could be a bit tired to drive such a long time. I will consider taking the train and return with the rented car. Thanks for advice.

Skrivet av Herr Kantarell:

Ni hao!

You can rent a car in växjö and leave it in Stockholm no need to go back and forth.
I think OKQ8 offer this. Why go with the empty car?

Avoid the postnord. Schenker have quite good prices if you want to send by service.
Maybee also "bussgods" can be an option.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

I don't have a drive license and my friend has never tried a trailer before... Then it could be a problem. Thanks for advice.

Skrivet av loefet:

Rent a car with a towing hitch and a trailer. Both oneway from Växjö to Stockholm. I have done the same from Kiruna to Sundsvall, so it shouldn't be a problem.
That depends on if you are comfortable with driving with a trailer that is.

Else still get a large estate car with a towing hitch and buy a cheap bikerack (https://www.biltema.se/fritid/cyklar/cykeltillbehor/cykelhall...) and strap the bike on it. Then if you really put your tetris skills to the test I'm sure that you can fit the rest in the car.
Fold the rear seats and cram stuff as best as you can even in the passenger front seat if you driving alone.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Great! Thanks for advice. I think I would go rent a minibus maybe and it could be enough to fit all my stuff in.

Skrivet av Petterk:

If you can rent a car with a towbar, then I'm sure you can also rent a trailer that you can return in Stockholm.

Simply put, if you can rent a car with a towbar you can always get a bike rack and transport your bike that way and fit the rest inside the car if you don't have lots of stuff/furniture. So you can bring your bike even if you don't rent a trailer.

You might not be able to book a car with a tow bar or a roof box (if that's the way you want to fit more stuff) for that matter directly on the rental services websites, but you often can if you call them up. Hertz, Europcar etc should offer that service. You can always rent a minibus too if you can manage to fit your stuff inside of a minibus and that should be cheaper than renting a van. You just need to call them up if you need extras such as a tow bar or a roof box. Every rental pickup station might not have them, but you should be able to find a place. You should have no trouble to make it far under your budget here.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Lego Master

About rental cars, I just found out about Hertz Freerider where you help them by moving a car from one city to another, and you don't pay for the car you use. Take a look there first, as this would free up some of your budget to get a trailer or move some stuff by courier.

Visa signatur

* Vänsterhänt högerskytt med tummen mitt i handen.
* A franchises worst enemies are its biggest fans.
* 🖥️ i5 12600K | Z690 | 32GB | RTX 3070 | Define R6 | 48" 4K OLED | Win11 | 💻 Surface Go 3
* ⌨️ G915 Tactile | ⌨️ G13 | 🖱️ G502 X | 🎧 Pro X | 🎙️ QuadCast | 📹 EOS 550D | 🕹️ X52 Pro | 🎮 Xbox Elite 2
* 📱 Galaxy Fold4 | 🎧 Galaxy Buds Pro | ⌚ Galaxy Watch5 Pro | 📺 65" LG OLED | 🎞️ Nvidia Shield

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av CaptainYan:

I don't have a drive license and my friend has never tried a trailer before... Then it could be a problem. Thanks for advice.

Driving with a trailer is quite easy as it just follow after the car, the main thing one have to consider is that as the car will have larger turning ratio, so one have to take out the turns more.
Another thing to consider is that the trailer will push on the car when one breaks, so one have to start breaking earlier then normally.
The hard part is going in reverse with it as it always go in the opposite direction as one turns.

Visa signatur

Det är bättre att fråga och verka dum än att inte fråga och förbli det.

Permalänk
Medlem

Hi, if all else fails I could probably do the job for you, depending in which day you plan to move.
For a fee of course. /Jesper

Visa signatur

NZXT H440W||Rog Strix X470-4 Gaming || 2700X+Noctua NHD15-SE-AM4||G.Skill Flare X 16GB 3200Mhz||GTX 1080Ti Strix OC||MX100 512gb||3.5TB HDD||Corsair 750W||Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless||Samsung 49" NEO||Windows 10 Pro||
Bärbar: Samsung Galaxy Book Pro 13.3" i7 & LTE || Mob: Samsung S22 Ultra||

Permalänk
Inaktiv
Skrivet av CaptainYan:

No. What?

You just call them and explain your situation, and they can give you a price estimate. It will be what it is, not more expensive or cheaper.

I dont think you need a moving firm. Without the chair your stuff should fit in a big car, no problems. Including the chair just use a small van or so.

You can read more here https://www.hertz.se/rentacar/transportfordon/hyra-flyttbil just translate from swedish using google (or call them). In order to book for "one way travel" (envägshyra) you actually have to call them as described here https://www.hertz.se/rentacar/transportfordon/envagshyra

0771-211 212 Tell them how large a car you need and where and to you are driving from and you can get an exact price. It should be way below 5000!

Permalänk
Medlem

Try this site:
https://www.dinflytt.se

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem

Would it be an option to sell some of the things and find new things once in Stockholm?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av CaptainYan:

PeGe minibus has a great price. However, it could require return the car in Vaxjo too...

In bussgods, I should use Helpall? They will pick up all my things from my home? And send it to my room in Stockholm?

Yes, you are right. I could leave some bulky stuff to sell on campus.

Hi, "helpall" means a full EUR-pallet (standard pallet) i don't think they offer pickup service.
as several already pointed out the best would be to rent one way, or if you are lucky get a car that some company wants returned from Växjö to Stockholm, for example Hertz freerider.

Visa signatur

▪ R5-5600x - Aurous x570 elite - 32 GB DDR4 - MSI RTX 3060ti OC
▪ Nintendo Switch - iPhone XR

Permalänk

@CaptainYan: I pm:d you.

Im going for a drive to Luleå from växjö on the 28th July. I could transport your stuff to stockholm at that date. I have a pretty big car and can also put a trailer on it if its needed. If all fits in the car i also have a bikeholder.

Visa signatur

5800X, Asus dual 4070, 32GB, Fractal newton R2 650 watt, Asus Prime B350-plus , Phanteks 400s vit, Asus TUF VG27AQ1A, Dell U2515H.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/albinivik/

Permalänk

Wow, it is an interesting method. Thank you!

Skrivet av Shudnawz:

About rental cars, I just found out about Hertz Freerider where you help them by moving a car from one city to another, and you don't pay for the car you use. Take a look there first, as this would free up some of your budget to get a trailer or move some stuff by courier.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Thanks for advice!!!!

Skrivet av Belzader:

Driving with a trailer is quite easy as it just follow after the car, the main thing one have to consider is that as the car will have larger turning ratio, so one have to take out the turns more.
Another thing to consider is that the trailer will push on the car when one breaks, so one have to start breaking earlier then normally.
The hard part is going in reverse with it as it always go in the opposite direction as one turns.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Thanks, I will keep this option in mind. It could be better if you can pm me a contact method? chat app?

Skrivet av jeppe1990:

Hi, if all else fails I could probably do the job for you, depending in which day you plan to move.
For a fee of course. /Jesper

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Thanks for advice. I will take a look and see.

Skrivet av anon81912:

No. What?

You just call them and explain your situation, and they can give you a price estimate. It will be what it is, not more expensive or cheaper.

I dont think you need a moving firm. Without the chair your stuff should fit in a big car, no problems. Including the chair just use a small van or so.

You can read more here https://www.hertz.se/rentacar/transportfordon/hyra-flyttbil just translate from swedish using google (or call them). In order to book for "one way travel" (envägshyra) you actually have to call them as described here https://www.hertz.se/rentacar/transportfordon/envagshyra

0771-211 212 Tell them how large a car you need and where and to you are driving from and you can get an exact price. It should be way below 5000!

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Thanks! Magic website.

Skrivet av PlogarN97:
Visa signatur

Permalänk

You are correct. I could sell bicycle and gaming chair. Let's see how it goes firstly.

Skrivet av Shimonu:

Would it be an option to sell some of the things and find new things once in Stockholm?

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Have you looked at taskrunner or some similar app? Seems like a perfect fit for your needs.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Chuck Pounder:

Have you looked at taskrunner or some similar app? Seems like a perfect fit for your needs.

Thanks. This is new to me. I will take a look.

Visa signatur