Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Shift X Project

Hi guys and gals.

I have had the honour to make a project together with Phanteks, Inet, PCB Distribution, ASUS and Be Quiet! and CableMod to create an aesthetically pleasing project with the Evolv Shift X. and coming up soon is another project featuring the Evolv X, which will be coming soon.

So the project plans for this chassis was to sand the entire aluminium panel back from the anodised aluminium sand blasted finish, to around 600 grit, which gave me a very flat and bare aluminium finish, then to give all of these panels a brushed finish using 80 grit sandpaper.

Giving these panels a brushed finish with sandpaper was a very long process. Firstly, removing the anodising and sanding with a machine to 600 grit took many hours and many pads of sandpaper. Total time for pro phase was around 4 hours.

Once the panels were prepped and ready for brushing, I had to set these panels into a custom made jig which held the panels securely in place so that they would not move or slip while I was sanding. If any of my sanding strokes were not straight, then the overall result of the finish would not look appealing as the sanding strokes don't run parallel to each other. This sanding/brushing process took around 10 hours.

Once the panels where sanded to a satisfactory standard, I took those panels into my garage, and gave them 2 coats of acrylic clearcoat. This helps against scratches and oxidisation.

After the exterior was completed, I installed the components, then agonised over how the water loop should be for a couple of weeks. This is very normal..... unfortunately it is not the best for workflow and productivity though, haha! Then to top it off, I made some extra dress panels from aluminium, and also gave them the brushed finish treatment as well.

Here is the finished result. I hope that you enjoy the photos. I have tried to experiment with lighting techniques, so I hope that you can appreciate the time it took to make this project photography stand out

Specifications:
Ryzen 1700x
ASUS ROG Strix X370-I
Be Quiet! SFX-L 600w
ASUS GTX1080 Strix
Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB 2800mhz
Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD
Phanteks Evolv Shift X
Phanteks 140mm HP fans
Phanteks watercooling
EKWB CE 280 radiator

Thank you to those who sponsored the project:
Inet, Phanteks, ASUS, PCB Distribution, Be Quiet!, CableMod

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk
Medlem

As usual, very nicely done. Best Shift X build I've seen. Clean minimalistic looks and flawless loop run.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Frida 🥐

Vacker!

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av ggalaxyy:

As usual, very nicely done. Best Shift X build I've seen. Clean minimalistic looks and flawless loop run.

Skrivet av Zoyadog:

Thank you both

Permalänk
Medlem

Wonderful, as always! 5/5

Visa signatur

| bequiet! Dark Base 900 | Corsair HX1000i Platinum | MSI Z370-GAMING M5 | i7 8086k @ 5000mhz | Custom EK-loop (GPU & CPU) | Corsair Veng. 32GB @ 3200mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB | Zotac RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Asus PG348Q @ 100hz |
http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/13-konsumentratt/562661-grat...

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av =):

Wonderful, as always! 5/5

thank you!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Bra jobbat! En smula mer stilren än mitt Shift X haha

Visa signatur

CRATER | VISION | TILT | CORE X | IRIS | TORQUE | AVOID | BLACKOUT | ISO
Instagram: timpelay Facebook: timpelay

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av timpelay:

Bra jobbat! En smula mer stilren än mitt Shift X haha

Hahaha! Well I wouldn't want my Shift X on the Blackout battlefield anyways...

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

It's been a while since I've built a PC myself as I've grown into other hobbies, but man, this was a sweet looking build. 5/5 keep up the good work! I do appreciate the time it took to execute.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av MisterX:

It's been a while since I've built a PC myself as I've grown into other hobbies, but man, this was a sweet looking build. 5/5 keep up the good work! I do appreciate the time it took to execute.

Thank you for the awesome comment. Seeing your immaculate projects are one of the reasons why I got into PC case modding in the first place. I would love to see a new project from you

Permalänk
Avstängd

7/5 --> Really Awesome build

Visa signatur

Huawei P30 || Huawei Watch GT2 (Classic)

Citera För Svar

Permalänk
Avstängd

Den såg ganska mysig ut, inte allt för mycket bling.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

New: Asus x370 prime pro, Ryzen 1700 (@3.925ghz) , Ripjaws V 16GB 3600 MHz (@3200mhz 14c). https://valid.x86.fr/curj7r
Radeon VII.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Genx031:

7/5 --> Really Awesome build

Skrivet av _Merc_:

Den såg ganska mysig ut, inte allt för mycket bling.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Thank you for the kind words!

Permalänk
Medlem

That is absolutely stunning. Thumbs up also for keeping it Phanteks and Asus as far as possible, which is the manufacturers I prefer myself, too. For my secondary computer I got the smaller Shift, I like it a lot for its looks, though the cooling could be better I guess.

This is a natural 5.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Great work again Justin!

Question: Did you bend the PCIe raiser to get it "out of line" with the PCIe on the motherboard. If you know what I mean

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Medlem

Very very nice! Great work man

Visa signatur

Citera för svar!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av hypermode:

That is absolutely stunning. Thumbs up also for keeping it Phanteks and Asus as far as possible, which is the manufacturers I prefer myself, too. For my secondary computer I got the smaller Shift, I like it a lot for its looks, though the cooling could be better I guess.

This is a natural 5.

Thank you so much!

Skrivet av Brodholm:

Great work again Justin!

Question: Did you bend the PCIe raiser to get it "out of line" with the PCIe on the motherboard. If you know what I mean

I am not sure what you mean sorry. I do not remember anything strange when using the riser, so maybe that answers your question.

Skrivet av Nima2001:

Very very nice! Great work man

Cheers Nima!

Permalänk
Medlem

Im so in love with this case and this build, it looked really good in real life aswell.

Planing a build in this case aswell.

Visa signatur

I'm hooked on a feeling, I'm high on believing.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av mkp:

Im so in love with this case and this build, it looked really good in real life aswell.

Planing a build in this case aswell.

Cheers man!! Awesome that was able to see it in person!!

I hope to see your project on the gallery when you are finished

Permalänk
Medlem

Hey! Love the build mate, and how your photography improved!

Keep it up

Visa signatur

Mina projekt: Airvolv | W2AX (Cootek W2)
Social: Facebook | Instagram

Björn showed us what kind of level one can achieve with a keen eye for detail and a sense for style. - SM i PC moddning 2015

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Nizr:

Hey! Love the build mate, and how your photography improved!

Keep it up

Thanks Björn. I hope that you and the family are well