Command & Conquer remastered

Permalänk
Medlem

Har inte drabbats av så många buggar, den enda jag kan komma ihåg är att ibland så händer inget när man ger enheter en order, men det är bara att markera om enheterna så funkar det igen.

Vid ett tillfälle så fick jag aldrig upp Mission Accomplished heller trots att uppdraget var klart, men det var bara att ladda om till senaste savefile (jag sparar *ofta*) så gick det att gå vidare.

Skrivet av SirMacke:

Harvesters som gång på gång kör läääängst bort på kartat för att samla.

Detta är inte en bugg, det är en "Legacy Feature".

Visa signatur

CPU: i9-13900K + Cooler Master ML360L ARGB V2 || GPU: Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom GS.
MoBo: Asus Rog Strix Z790-F Gaming || RAM 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast CL40 DDR5 RGB 5600 MHz.
PSU: Corsair RMe 1000W 80+ Gold || Chassi: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB.
Lagring: Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 NVME 2TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB.
Skärmar: 27" 1440p 144 Hz IPS G-sync + 27" 1440p 155 Hz VA || OS: Win 11 Home.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av SirMacke:

Köer som slutar fungera konstant.
Varannan karta där man inte längre kan scrolla runt kartan med musen.
Enheter som inte gör något när man trycker på att anfalla.
Enheter som istället för att anfalla bara kör rakt in i smeten och bryr sig sedan inte mer.
Harvesters som gång på gång kör läääängst bort på kartat för att samla.

Ett axplock vad jag sett.

Har inte haft de två första, men de andra tre är inte buggar per se, utan bara ett resultat av hur AIn fungerade i originalet, då den är oförändrad sedan dess.

Visa signatur

Nybörjare på Linux? Se hit! #15665841

Permalänk
Medlem

Kan tipsa om att C&C Remastered kanske inte är det enda som händer i C&C världen just nu.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Jimtern fortsätter hålla oss uppdaterade.

Skrivet av Jimtern:

Fellow Command & Conquer fans,

The Command & Conquer Remastered Collection has now been live for ten days, and our teams have been absolutely humbled by the response from players and journalists around the world. I’ve been spending the past week engrossed in streams, articles, and community comments about the game, trying to absorb every piece of feedback players are providing. But at the same time, also just smiling as I observe players being transported back to their childhood with waves of nostalgia, hopefully providing a positive moment during these times. Congratulations and thank you to everyone in the community for helping to make the launch such a memorable event.

I wanted to cover a few topics in today’s post. The first is to highlight one of the most meaningful features of the Remastered Collection - the Installation Videos. Players from around the world have been loving these sequences, with entire articles being written about the emotional reaction they garnered. But unless you went into the Bonus Gallery to read the details, you may not know that these two videos were not created directly by our development teams, but instead by long-time C&C community member, Luke “CCHyper” Feenan.

Luke has been an integral part of our Community Council since the beginning of the project. When I learned Luke was a graphics designer by trade, I asked if he would be willing to remaster the installation sequences into something truly special. He created a five-second test for us, and it was instantly clear he would be able to pour the passion and attention to detail into the project. So we contracted Luke to work with us, and over the course of six months he created the sequences, brainstorming with Petroglyph and myself on how to shift them from an “Installation” sequence to an “Upgrade” sequence. We would review the progress with Luke every two weeks or so to provide feedback, and Luke’s skills and creativity were surpassed only by his professionalism. I’m so proud of Luke for creating content that will go down in C&C history, and that the first thing anyone experiences in the Remastered Collection was created by a member of the C&C community.

The second topic I wanted to discuss was our upcoming patch. We’re currently putting the final touches on this patch, as we continue to prioritize and react to player feedback. The goal of this patch is multifold:

Complete several of the top community requested features which just missed the launch date, including items like Private Game Lobbies and a choosing sub-factions for RA Quickmatch

Address many of the top bugs which have been seen in the launch version, including a potential improvement to the framerate stuttering issue

Implement some additional quality-of-life improvements, such as enabling the “Deploy” hotkey to unload APCs and multi-queue units on the Repair Facility in Tiberian Dawn (same now as RA)

Iterate on our Quickmatch ruleset to ensure we’re creating the proper foundation for competitive play

In total, there should be several dozen items addressed in this patch, and we’ll provide a comprehensive set of patch notes when the patch is released.

Regarding the Quickmatch rules, we’ve heard strong and unanimous feedback from our engaged multiplayer competitors. In fact, we’re actually able to make several of these changes on the backend and have decided to implement several of these changes effective later today. The key changes to Quickmatch as requested by the community are the following:

Increasing the Game Speed from Normal to Fast

Reducing the Starting Units to zero

Removing Aftermath units from Quickmatch in Red Alert (due to extreme balance issues)

Adding two more maps to the Tiberian Dawn map rotation:

Monkey in the Middle

One Pass Fits All

We’re hoping the community can play with these changes over the next week and continue to provide us feedback as we strive to improve this mode of the game.

Thanks again for all the appreciative words over the past ten days, and please continue to provide your feedback so we can improve your experience with the Remastered Collection.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/ha6vr0/la...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Renegade X: Firestorm

Inte relaterat till Remastern, men dock C&C i allra högsta grad.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Spela egenskapade banor

Hej, vet någon hur man lyckas med detta? Har sparat banan i Red Alert-mappen, men sen vet jag inte hur jag går tillväga för att spela den. Har tittat under skirmish och user maps, men hittar den inte där. All hjälp uppskattas:)

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av NodCommander:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GL-sKU3wrgY

Inte relaterat till Remastern, men dock C&C i allra högsta grad.

Intressant!

Permalänk
Skrivet av Aka_The_Barf:

Finns ett rts spel (minns ej namnet) där ain inte fuskar. Ain måste det annars blir det för enkelt. I total annihilation tog jag över en metal extractor min gav 2 i metal ains gav 9 i metal.

Har lirat igenom C&C GDI på hard nu (inte klar med Nod än, började med att köra igenom Red Alert båda sidor först ) och på sista banan så är det på sätt och vis AI:ns fuskande som gjorde att jag kunde vinna. Min ekonomi gick rätt snabbt ut på att ta över fiendens silos som med magi blev helt fulla på bara en-två harvests, sälja dessa och repetera processen efter att de byggt nya silos och fyllt igen, mina egna tiberiumfält var körda sedan länge.

Tycker generellt att C&C är rätt jäkla unfair på Hard, inte lika mycket i Red Alert, men jag är väl kass. :<

Visa signatur

*-<|:C-<-<

Nytt namn, samma bismak.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Daemon:

Har lirat igenom C&C GDI på hard nu (inte klar med Nod än, började med att köra igenom Red Alert båda sidor först ) och på sista banan så är det på sätt och vis AI:ns fuskande som gjorde att jag kunde vinna. Min ekonomi gick rätt snabbt ut på att ta över fiendens silos som med magi blev helt fulla på bara en-två harvests, sälja dessa och repetera processen efter att de byggt nya silos och fyllt igen, mina egna tiberiumfält var körda sedan länge.

Tycker generellt att C&C är rätt jäkla unfair på Hard, inte lika mycket i Red Alert, men jag är väl kass. :<

När man snor pengar av ain i red alert 2 blir man rik snabbt. På skirmish så gör ain ingenting men sitter och håller på stora mängder pengar av nån anledning. 50k eller mer är inte ovanligt att kunna sno.

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5900X @ Stock, MSI Suprim X 3080 @ game mode.

Permalänk
Medlem

Om du gillar Tiberian Dawn och Red Alert men tycker att Remastern spelar på ett lite väl föråldrat vis för din smak så kanske OpenRA är något att titta på? Dom skrev en bloggpost här om dagen med lite relevanta nyheter.

Spana in bloggposten på länken nedanför citatet så får ni lite animerade bilder på vad som är på gång.

Skrivet av Paul Chote:

A lot has happened in the Command and Conquer community recently surrounding the release of the C&C Remastered Collection, and many people have been asking about what this means for the future of OpenRA. In this post I would like to give a few comments on this topic, and show off some updates on OpenRA’s work-in-progress version of Tiberian Sun.

After Jim Vessella (the producer for C&C Remastered Collection) reached out to the OpenRA team, we were proud to co-share (together with the r/commandandconquer subreddit) the first public announcement of what would become the Remastered Collection. OpenRA community members were also invited into the C&C Community Council, where we had close contact with the development team and provided a sounding board for development and design ideas while being able to advocate for the wishes of the community.

Jim and the teams at Petroglyph and EA have done a fantastic job with the C&C Remastered Collection, and the degree of transparency and openness they demonstrated with the community sets a new standard that we hope will lead other companies to follow.

So what does this mean for OpenRA? OpenRA and the Remastered Collection follow different philosophies about how to bring the classic C&C games into the 2020s. The Remastered Collection, as its name implies, upgrades the original game titles with higher fidelity assets and UI improvements while prioritising authenticity to the original gameplay experience. OpenRA’s goal is to envision what these games may instead have been were they developed again now - with features such as Attack Move, multiplayer-focused balance, and extensive modding capabilities designed into the core of the experience.

We believe that both approaches can coexist, and intend for OpenRA to continue following the same philosophies that have guided it so far. Comments from EA suggest that they are also ok with the current situation, and have no plans to interfere with OpenRA in any negative way.

Red Alert civilians

The full range of Red Alert civilians will be available in the next OpenRA release thanks to details learned from the C&C Remastered Collection source code release.

One of the surprise announcements for the Remastered Collection was that the dll files containing gameplay logic (a slightly modified version of the classic game engine) would be open sourced to enable mods, and that it would be released under the GPLv3 to ensure license compatibility with OpenRA and other community projects. We are extremely grateful to Jim and the team for making this happen, and proud to have played a part in this RTS milestone.

OpenRA’s game engine has been developed from scratch over many years using different programming languages and principles to the original C&Cs. This means that we cannot directly copy the source code, but will use it instead as a reference to learn what made the original games tick and to translate concepts and implementation details across where appropriate to improve OpenRA.

The next OpenRA release will contain some initial small fixes based on what we have already learned. One example of this is the original palette remap tables that the original Red Alert used to create the different civilian infantry types that were previously missing from OpenRA’s version. There is a lot more to learn, and we expect that this knowledge will influence and inspire many details in the evolution and growth of OpenRA over the next few years.

A popular question has been whether OpenRA will support the remastered game assets, and I can now confirm (see this GitHub comment for details) that we will work towards this goal. This will take time, as there are a number of technical challenges that must first be solved. We will provide more information on these plans in future posts, or you can follow progress directly on GitHub.

Tiberian Sun selection boxes

Structures in Tiberian Sun now use the correct isometric-style selection boxes.

In the meantime, work has continued on OpenRA’s version of Tiberian Sun. Visible progress has been slow over the last couple of years while we focused on rebuilding parts of the low-level game engine to add the flexibility required to support the “gen2” games (Tiberian Sun, Red Alert 2, and community mods based on them), without breaking support for “gen1” games (Tiberian Dawn, Red Alert, Dune 2000 and existing community mods). This work is now starting to pay off, as we are able to leverage the added flexibility to enable some long-awaited features.

The first of these are the isometric selection boxes used by structures. This may sound like a simple cosmetic change, but behind the scenes many changes were required to replace code designed for simple rectangular regions to understand more complicated shapes (i.e. the irregular hexagons used by buildings). The engine-level changes for this were actually made back in release-20180218, but we have only recently had time to adapt the gameplay code to use it. OpenRA’s isometric selection boxes have some visual tweaks compared to the original game to better integrate with our dynamic zooming and progress bars.

Another major change in Tiberian Sun was its use of variable terrain heights, with vehicles that would visibly drive up and down slopes, and aircraft that would pitch and bank while flying. OpenRA’s support for these features has improved significantly in recent months, and is now complete enough to enable the aircraft flight dynamics.
Your browser does not support the video tag.

Tiberian Sun aircraft can finally pitch and bank while flying.

One of the most memorable aspects of Tiberian Sun was its ambience, which was largely created by its lighting effects. Work is almost complete on adding this to the OpenRA engine, with improvements to smooth out harsh steps and apply lighting tints to units making the feature even more immersive.

Tiberian Sun lighting effects

Tiberian Sun’s dynamic lighting effects will soon be completed.

Work is also progressing on a number of gameplay features, with improvements to tunnels, building upgrades, TS-specific AI features, and the drop pods support power merged in recent weeks. We have made significant progress in 2020, but there is still a lot more work to finish before we can support a public release. OpenRA is developed by volunteers in their free time, so we cannot predict how long this may take.

What do you think about the future of OpenRA? Let us know in the comments below, on our forum, or community Discord server.

https://www.openra.net/news/devblog-20200629/

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

En Story behind av Noclip.

Jag funderar på vad det färgglada spelet som är i klippet är för version?

Visa signatur

7600X,Tomahawk B650,NH-U12A,32GB,RX6700,Black SN850 1TB,860Evo 1TB,RM850x, 27GL850,Torrent Compact

Permalänk

Jag har en fråga till er.. jag har testat med att bygga flera baracker och factorys men det händer inget i tiden som det tar för en tank att komma ut från factoryn utan det tar lika lång tid.. kanske var så på dem gamla versionerna på c&c att det gick fortare. Så vad är vitsen att bygga fler baracker och factorys?

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Shadow666:

Jag har en fråga till er.. jag har testat med att bygga flera baracker och factorys men det händer inget i tiden som det tar för en tank att komma ut från factoryn utan det tar lika lång tid.. kanske var så på dem gamla versionerna på c&c att det gick fortare. Så vad är vitsen att bygga fler baracker och factorys?

Detta blir ett generellt svar då jag inte har spelat detta utan endast C&C Red Alert 2.
Tiden kortas inte ner av flera, utan det ger endast möjligheten att träna/bygga fler samtigt.

Visa signatur

Det är bättre att fråga och verka dum än att inte fråga och förbli det.

Permalänk
Medlem

Det som sker är att du kan välja vart trupperna skall komma ut, tex om man har flera baser. produktionstakten har aldrig varit påverkad.

Visa signatur

Jag äger minst en databehandlingsmaskin.

Permalänk
Medlem

Ingen av er talar full sanning här.

Fler byggnader av samma sort i samtliga Westwood RTS spel av C&C ger ökad bygghastighet. Exempelvis i USSR kampanjen har man ofta fler flygfält med MiG-plan, med tillräckligt många så bygger man flygplan på 2-3 sekunder styck, står i UI:t hur fort det går.

Som bonus kan man också välja vilken byggnad enheten ska komma ut genom (primary building) genom att klicka på samma byggnad två gånger på raken.

---

Att få fler byggköer dök först upp i C&C Generals och senare titlar. Allt tidigare ökade hur fort enheten byggdes.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Uppdatering från Jimtern!

Skrivet av EA_Jimtern:

Yesterday marked one month since our launch of the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection. And with that in mind, for today I wanted to highlight two items which further celebrate the launch of the Remastered Collection.

The first is that about ten days ago, we released the entire Remastered Collection soundtrack on multiple music streaming services worldwide. This includes services like Spotify, Pandora, Apple Music, and Amazon Music among many others. This was something we wanted to do for the community as part of the 25th Anniversary, and ensure Frank Klepacki's legendary soundtrack can be heard as broadly as possible - even if you haven't played the game yet. The soundtrack release includes all official and bonus / unreleased tracks for both games, and the entire album of Frank Klepacki & The Tiberian Sons (three albums in total). A big thanks to our EA Worldwide Music Group for supporting this release, and of course to Frank Klepacki and The Tiberian Sons for their amazing music. So spread the word to your friends, and we hope you enjoy listening to the soundtrack for years to come.

The second topic to share is that over the past several months, our teams at EA, Petroglyph, and Lemon Sky have been collaborating with Danny O’Dwyer at Noclip to record a documentary on the making of the Remastered Collection. The documentary includes interviews from all three teams (recorded remotely given the COVID-19 situation) and should provide unique insights on the project’s development, historical bits about Westwood Studios, and more. As a bonus, we're excited to say the documentary was released this morning and can be watched above or on YouTube here. I wanted to thank Danny for the opportunity to share our story, and I hope everyone in the C&C community watches the documentary and shows their support for Noclip.

Please enjoy these two items as we continue to celebrate Command & Conquer together. We are then currently working on our next patch for the game itself, and looking forward to sharing more details soon. Thanks for your ongoing support and feedback.

Cheers,

Jim Vessella

Jimtern

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/hmab7u/so...

Peace Through Power.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Ännu en uppdatering, har ni slutat skriva bara för att spelet är ute?

Skrivet av EA_Jimtern:

Remaster Update and July Beta Patch

Today we are inviting you to try a Beta version of our in-development patch, which most importantly includes an early version of LAN Play. Our goal in sharing this Beta version is to get your feedback on LAN Play and ensure this feature is living up to your expectations. We’re looking for both qualitative and technical feedback on the feature, especially with regards to playing multiplayer LAN games with Mods enabled (either locally or over VPN). We reinforce this is an early version, and certain elements (including AI) may not work correctly in LAN play just yet.

Everyone who owns the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection on Steam is able to participate in this Beta version of the game. Please follow these steps to gain access:

Go to your C&C Remastered Collection page on Steam

Click on the Manage button (gear icon)

Select Properties

Navigate to the Betas tab

In the dialog box, enter “TDRABetaPatch1”

Click Check Code

Once the code accepts, select the “Public Beta” branch from the drop down menu

The game will now update to the Public Beta version, at which point you can play

At any time, you can update back to the standard live version via the same drop down menu

Please note, there are several dozen other improvements in this Beta version, which we’ll list out in more detail when the patch is officially released. However, please keep an eye out for these key items:

The ability to choose the speed of Tiberium / Ore regrowth. This is now a slider in the game rules section. (0 being disabled, 1 being default, and 2-9 being multiples on default). We’re eager to see if this feature satisfies requests from the community, and we’re also looking for feedback on what the new Quickmatch default regrowth setting should be.

If you saw increased framerate stuttering or launch crashing after the June major patch versus the launch version, we have an experiment you can try:

Go to your C&C Remastered Collection page on Steam

Click on the Manage button (gear icon)

Select Properties

On the General tab, select “Set Launch Options…”

In the box, enter “NOSPLASHPRELOAD”

Click OK and launch the game

This will effectively revert the texture optimizations we made in the June Patch, and may help performance / stability with certain hardware configurations (This launch option will also work with the standard live branch as well)

Please note, while playing in the Beta version, online play will be disabled and certain mods may not be compatible. Please play the Beta version and alter Launch options with caution and understand there may be a risk.

We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback on LAN Play and other improvements.

Cheers,

Jim

Jimtern

https://www.reddit.com/r/commandandconquer/comments/hrrh2y/re...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Command & Conquer relaterat i alla fall

För 11 år sedan, precis vid den tiden då EA körde C&C IP:it i botten så påbörjades ett väldigt ambitiöst, och lyckat projekt av en löst sammansatt grupp av fans.

Kane (& C&C!) Lives

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

En fråga gällande detta spel. Om jag vill byta dator och installerar det på en annan dator med Steam, finns det någon syncning till molnet av tidigare sparfiler eller får man kopiera över dom manuellt på något sätt?

Visa signatur

Mac mini 2018 with external GPU over Thundelbolt 3 - Radeon RX580

Permalänk
Medlem

Har vi siffror på hur mycket Remastered har sålt?

Vore intressant att se om det är så bra att EA kanske ger serien grönt ljus för nya tag!

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Bejje:

En fråga gällande detta spel. Om jag vill byta dator och installerar det på en annan dator med Steam, finns det någon syncning till molnet av tidigare sparfiler eller får man kopiera över dom manuellt på något sätt?

Vad jag vet ska det synkas via molnet på Steam och Origin, ja!

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Men titta vad DHL kom med idag...

Lite gott och blandat ur lådan. Följde med annat också, så som en svart mössa med GDI/Nod på ena sidan, sedan kan man vända den ut och in och få Allies/USSR. En skiva med allt det fysiska materialet digitalt, osv.

En öppnad låda proppfull med C&C! I bakgrunden syns lite klisterlappar och tech-träden för alla fyra sidorna.

Tiberium-kristallen dubblerar som ett 8 GB USB minne, laddat med hela OST:n i WAV och FLAC format. Den har en grön aktivitets LED som lyser upp lite mysigt när den jobbar. Mammuttanken är i solid metall, tornet kan vändas i 360 grader. Väger ungefär vad man skulle kunna vänta sig av ett monster till stridsvagn.

CD kit med ett större antal CD skivor med hela OST:t på, signerad på baksidan av Frank Klepacki själv!

Märken med kardborre, kan sys fast på valfritt klädesplagg eller liknande.

Pins! I metall, fästs med en nål!

Och till sist... Ja, så klart.

Kane Lives!

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av NodCommander:

Men titta vad DHL kom med idag...

Lite gott och blandat ur lådan. Följde med annat också, så som en svart mössa med GDI/Nod på ena sidan, sedan kan man vända den ut och in och få Allies/USSR. En skiva med allt det fysiska materialet digitalt, osv.

https://pasteall.org/media/e/d/ed15f030157045a37a200b23e61293ef.jpg
En öppnad låda proppfull med C&C! I bakgrunden syns lite klisterlappar och tech-träden för alla fyra sidorna.
https://pasteall.org/media/8/4/84cfb1647dab36f55675a3a426f2e162.jpg
Tiberium-kristallen dubblerar som ett 8 GB USB minne, laddat med hela OST:n i WAV och FLAC format. Den har en grön aktivitets LED som lyser upp lite mysigt när den jobbar. Mammuttanken är i solid metall, tornet kan vändas i 360 grader. Väger ungefär vad man skulle kunna vänta sig av ett monster till stridsvagn.
https://pasteall.org/media/8/5/85fc5ad1571a44f1b7ab9c6f12a7d7ae.jpg
CD kit med ett större antal CD skivor med hela OST:t på, signerad på baksidan av Frank Klepacki själv!
https://pasteall.org/media/3/7/37ce1f4cdcb943d8b8a754cb81986b37.jpg
Märken med kardborre, kan sys fast på valfritt klädesplagg eller liknande.
https://pasteall.org/media/b/0/b0feee8c92c75a542c249eec6143aeee.jpg
Pins! I metall, fästs med en nål!
https://pasteall.org/media/e/8/e82367877ed136c00920322556c00c2f.jpg

Och till sist... Ja, så klart.
https://youtu.be/Fhnshye29L8

Kane Lives!

Precis som spelet så gör de saker på rätt sätt. Häftigt

Nu bara vänta på att fler remastered av fler C&C och Red Alert.

Visa signatur

7600X,Tomahawk B650,NH-U12A,32GB,RX6700,Black SN850 1TB,860Evo 1TB,RM850x, 27GL850,Torrent Compact

Permalänk
Medlem

Kan tipsa att om du av någon anledning inte har köpt dig Command & Conquer Remastered än så finns det på Steams vinterrea just nu för 10€ (50% rabatt).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1213210/Command__Conquer_R...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Skrivet av NodCommander:

Ingen av er talar full sanning här.

Fler byggnader av samma sort i samtliga Westwood RTS spel av C&C ger ökad bygghastighet. Exempelvis i USSR kampanjen har man ofta fler flygfält med MiG-plan, med tillräckligt många så bygger man flygplan på 2-3 sekunder styck, står i UI:t hur fort det går.

Som bonus kan man också välja vilken byggnad enheten ska komma ut genom (primary building) genom att klicka på samma byggnad två gånger på raken.

---

Att få fler byggköer dök först upp i C&C Generals och senare titlar. Allt tidigare ökade hur fort enheten byggdes.

Fel med köer från enheter.. det kom först till Tiberias Sun med max 5st i stöten. Sen kom ra2 med 30st.. och det var ju det jag frågade om det var bara i dem första versionen av c&c. För på på remastered så är samma tid som det står när man köper från 1 barack.