Permalänk

Gothic III

Snart kommer uppföljaren till det tyska RPG't Gothic II!

Utdrag ur deras inofficiella FAQ:

Citat:

Gothic 3 - Facts

▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼▼

► Story

* The orcs have destroyed the kingdom but now follow other aims. (PCGames)
* You will meet old friends and enemies.
* The story will no longer be told in chapters. (PCA)
* Xardas will play an important role.
* The ship will not sink as it was alleged in many places.
* The main plot will deal with the conquered kingdom and the consequences of the orc’s victory. (Mikes Statement)
* The world will be designed first and only then the story, but the main plot has already been created. (WoG)
* Clearing up the motives of the gods will be a topic in Gothic 3. (WoG)
* Lee wants to take vengeance on the king and his court. (Gothic I Chapter 4/5, Lee in NC)
* The few who survived the war are now slaves for the orcs. There are rebels who could escape the supression and now fight a guerilla war against the orcs. Only the capital is still hold by royal troops, at least when the player arrives at the seaport Ardea where the game starts. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

► The world of Gothic 3

* There will be approximately 20 cities/towns, which you can free from the orcs.Source
* Myrthana consists of the four realms Myrthana, Varant, Nordmar and the Southern Islands. Rhobar the II united them.
* Most likely the story will not take part on the Southern Islands.
* Gothic III will play on the continent and not longer on an island.
* You will find deserts in the game. (PCGames)
* You will be able to visit Nordmar. (PCGames)
* There will be an amble coast. (PCGames)
* The world will be three times the size of Gothic 2, including Jharkendar. (WoG)
* The whole landscape is created by hand, nothing will be generated automatically. (PCGames)
* The world will follow certain real models, which makes it more realistic. (PCGames)
* Everything will be on skid row and more like Gothic 1 than Gothic 2. (Source)
* You will not be able to return to Khorinis. (Gamestar)

► Gameplay - General

* The interface will be extremely configurable. (Gamestar)
* There will be manifold dayroutines.
* The reputation of the hero plays a more important role than before. Every action will result in different reactions by the several factions.
* Biggest differences comparing with the prequels: more freedom of action, aims are more clearly and you will have more possibilities for your character. (Gamestar)
* You will have lost some of your abilities at the beginning, but regarding Gothic 1/2 you won’t be as weak. (PCGames)
* You are able to help characters like blacksmith, baker or guards and can even take their business if they are not able to. (PCGames)
* NPCs will be more realistic. News for example won’t be distributed as fast as in the prequels. (WoG)
* There will be three possibilities to end the game. Either on the side of the orcs or on the side of humans. The last possibility is still top-secret.
* There will be different ways to solve a quest.
* You will be able to chose the difficulty before start. Eventually it can be changed during the game.
* Our hero will be able to sprint for a short time (Depends on the region. Stamina will not recharge as fast in the desert as it does in “normal” climate). Stamina will only play a role regarding sprinting and diving.
* There will be arena fights.
* The party mode will be extended. You will have the general possibility to hire mercenaries.
* A new feature is called „Perks“ which are abilities which are dependent on your job. These perks make you for example fight more effective with sword or bow.
* You will have to learn resistance against coldness in regions like the cold Nordmar. If you are a member of the Nordmar you won’t have to learn this.
* The strongest weapons need 50 strength-points at the most. It will be more necessary to learn special moves. (Gamestar)
* You won’t be able to summon creatures everywhere, but only in certain areas. (PCAction)
* There will be no mounts in Gothic 3 for gameplay reasons. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* Most of the perks (e.g. double-sword combat) will be taught by certain teachers (depending on your faction) which all will have different conditions before teaching. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* You won’t be able to climb on trees. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* Needs like eating or drinking will still be voluntary only, but sometimes have positive effects on you (like apples in G2). (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* The Game can always be finished, even if important characters hate you. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

► Gameplay – Weapons and combat system

* The combat system is completely worked over. It will no longer be necessary to click in the right moment to do a combo, which is now the standard attack. But you will have to click right to do a special move.
* The advantages of certain weapons will be more important. (Source)
* The game support full mouse controls and you will be able to click a monster dead like in Diablo 2. (Gamestar)
* You are able to use every weapon, but depending on your skills it will be more or less effective.
* Shields and double-sword combat will be implemented as demanded.
* Your ability to use a weapon will no longer be increased procentually. Now there are special attacks which will cost you learning points.
* Armors now consist of several pieces which can be put together. You create your own armor !
* There will be no rune magic. Only elemental magic is left and some people who are able to use it. Spells will no longer be casted with runes but directly throughout the environment. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

► Guilds, animals & others

* The monsters will have their own dayroutines and hunt in packs. (PCA)
* You will be able to finish the game without being a member of a guild.
* Your enemies are able to do special moves, too.
* Guilds are not as important as in the prequels. (PCGames)
* There are six guilds/factions in the game: Assassins/Slave traders, Nomads, Orc Hunters, Woodfolks, Rebels which are loyal to the king and Orcs.
* Known monsters of Gothic 3:
Scavenger, big Snappers, Horn rammers, Crocodile, Minecrawler, Orcs
All in all PB plans to create 40-50 monsters, of which some are no enemies.
* Screenshots of the cities (no artworks): Geldern, Gotha pic 1 pic 2 pic 3, Montera, Kap Dun pic 1 pic 2.
* There will be more speakers for the NPCs. All known characters will have the same as in the prequels. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

► Reports

* On the official site you can find a Report and a Making-of-movie which show how Sascha Henrichs creates dunes in the desert.
* Reports for the creation of a residential building and Character-Design
* All videos can be found at World of Gothic (engl.)(World of Gothic (ger., some more videos).

► Screenshots/Artworks

* Screenshots and artworks can be found on the official Gothic 3 site and at World of Gothic

► Technics

* Orcs and other creatures will suit the detailed graphics.
* The inventory can be controlled with mouse.
* The engine is development mainly by PB.
* EMotionFX 2 Engine is used for the character.
* The Gamebryo Engine (Morrowind, Dark age of Camelot, Pirates!...) serves as basis for Gothic 3, but it has been recoded nearly completely.
* Gothic 3 will profit from hyperthreading. (PCGames)
* Pixel shader up to version 3.0 will be used in huge extend. (PCGames)
* DirectX 8.0 is minimum. (PCGames)
* By now PB uses DirectX-9.0c for development. (PCGames)
* You won’t be able to import the hero from Gothic 2.
* Motion Capturing is used for the animation of the fights, but not for other animations because it does not fit the requirements of the devs.
* Scripting the game is easier now so that the devs can add more ways, dayroutines… for the NPCs.
* There will definately be no multiplayer mode. (WoG Fan Interview)
* PB is thinking about a release on a console, but precedence is given to the PC-version.
* The physical engine in Gothic 3 will not be relevant regarding the quests. It will only be used to make the world more realistic. Furthermore it is used for basic functions like collision or gravitation. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* Artificial intelligence will work in two layers: City- and world-layer. It depends on the information whether it is assigned to world- or city-layer. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* There will be no cinematics in the game due to financial reasons. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

► Music

* Music will be much different than in the prequels. The Gothic 1-theme is used for Gothic 3 as well, but is strongly improved.
* Kai Rosenkranz works together with a bulgarian componist. Source
* There will be a band in Gothic 3, not In Extremo but Corvus Corax.
* A new music track (working version!) has been released, which can be downloaded here. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* Lisbeth Scott will give here voice to Gothic’s orchestral soundtrack. In January 2006 the post-production is about to begin where her voice is mixed into the tracks. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* A soundtrack CD is planned, although this will probably released as part of a special edition which comes later on. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]
* Other tracks can be downloaded atWoG.

► Community

* „Gothic bleibt Gothic, ohne wenn und aber, also hört endlich auf, Panik zu schieben und raucht einen Stengel Sumpfkraut“
o Gothic stays Gothic, without fuss or quibble, so lean back and smoke some swamp-weed !

► Hardware requirements: Attention ! "RunsBest" (maximum):

* Athlon 64 3000+/P4 2,8 GHz
* 1 Gbyte RAM
* Geforce 6800 GT/Radeon X800 Pro
* Highest detail (4xFSAA and 8:1 AF), Geforce 7800 GT/GTX or
* Ati Radeon X1000-series is necessary !

* The minimum requirements are not know by now, but they should probably be like:
o 2 GHz Pentium 4/AMD 2000+
o 1024 MB Ram
o 64 MB graphics card
o Windows 2000, ME, XP, Vista
o DVD-Rom
o DirectX 8.0

► Modifications

* Probably there will be a mod-kit. Release or funtions are unclear, because this takes a huge amount of work which PB cannot give before release. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

► International releases

* A neglect of the international release does not need to be feared, but it is not clear if all versions can be released at the same time, especially regarding the speech recordings. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

► Competition

* The suspension of the competitor „Oblivion“ to spring 2006 does not affect Gothic 3, which will only be released when it is finished to 100%, indepentaly from influences on the market. (KaiRos Statement) [UPDATE]

▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲▲

╔════════════════════════════════════════════════╗
Thx to:

Very special tanks to the team of

www.gothic3.net (PUSH ME!)

Feanor, Bleda and Reeco

Who collected these facts !

Thanks to Firedragon, Djpc, xerxes and Xsoul!

The JoWooD Mod-team
╚════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Någon mer som ser fram emot denna uppföljare?
Skriv vad ni tycker här.

Visa signatur

I'm a tank! I tank stuff, I'm not paid to understand your job!

Permalänk
Medlem

Bara det inte är lika über svårt som 2:an

Tvåan var så långt före alla andra spel, men tyvär hade spelet det mest skumma fighting systemet som denna jord skådat

Visa signatur

Main: i5 6600k|ASUS Z170-P|Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4
WindForce GTX970| 500GB evo850|Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

Retro: S939 A64 venice 3000+@2826mhz|ASUS A8N-E|PoV 7800GT|1024mb Corsair XMS 450mhz|Aspire 520w

Permalänk
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Ryo

Tvåan var så långt före alla andra spel, men tyvär hade spelet det mest skumma fighting systemet som denna jord skådat

Läs FAQ'en.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Zalmanusa
Läs FAQ'en.

FAQ you

Nä men hoppas de släper det snart, verkar vara rätt bra.

Visa signatur

Main: i5 6600k|ASUS Z170-P|Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4
WindForce GTX970| 500GB evo850|Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

Retro: S939 A64 venice 3000+@2826mhz|ASUS A8N-E|PoV 7800GT|1024mb Corsair XMS 450mhz|Aspire 520w

Permalänk
Medlem

aaaa låter skitbra, 20 städer fan vad gött! gothic 2 var för litet tyckte jag och för enkelt.

Blir ett gött RPG år detta, morrowind och gothic 3

Permalänk

Blir en skön start på året!
NWN 2
Gothic 3
TES 4: Oblivion
WoW: Burning crusade
HL2: Aftermarch

Undrar om pengarna räcker...

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Kan nån upplysa mig om hur 1:an och 2:an slutade? Kommer inte ihåg trots att jag spelat ut dem.

Visa signatur

ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Gene| AMD Ryzen 9 7800X3D Delidded | Custom EK Watercooling| WD Black SN850X 1TB + WD Black SN850X 2TB| Corsair Vengeance, DDR5-6600 64GB (2 x 32GB) @6400MHz CL 30-38-38-76| AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX| LG UltraGear 45GR95QE OLED| MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 1000W| Lian Li O-11 EVO|

Permalänk
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Gambit_2K
Kan nån upplysa mig om hur 1:an och 2:an slutade? Kommer inte ihåg trots att jag spelat ut dem.

SPOILER!!

I ettan dödar man the ancient och dör efteråt. I tvåan blir man återupplivad för att döda ett par drakar efter man had dödat dem så seglar man till fastlandet för att rädda (eller fördärva) världen.

SLUT PÅ SPOILERN!!

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Det verkar kunna bli riktigt trevligt.

Permalänk
Medlem

bara det inte är lika buggat som tvåan, hehe, hade en värstingmaskin och ändå laggade det som fan.

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Mazzza
aaaa låter skitbra, 20 städer fan vad gött! gothic 2 var för litet tyckte jag och för enkelt.

Blir ett gött RPG år detta, morrowind och gothic 3

Morrowind? Morrowind släpptes 2002

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Blir en skön start på året!
NWN 2
Gothic 3
TES 4: Oblivion
WoW: Burning crusade
HL2: Aftermarch

Undrar om pengarna räcker...

Om du stryker dom två längst ner på listan och lägger till The Witcher, Dragon Age och Eschalon: Book 1 så håller jag med

Jag ser mer fram emot Gothic 3 än Oblivion.

Visa signatur

http://latenightgamers.com/index.php
[MSI K8N NEO4 Ultra]-[x64 X-2 4600+]-[2x1024 PC3200]-[MSI 7800GTO 512MB]-[HIPER 580W]-[Western Digital Raptor 36GB 10k]-[Maxtor 250GB SATA]-[Maxtor 120GB SATA]-[Western Digital 250GB]

Permalänk
Medlem
Visa signatur

sad panda

Permalänk
Citat:

SPOILER!!
the ancient

The Sleeper heter han annars

Håller på att spela gothic 2 med addon nu medans jag väntar på 3an. Ganska rejält svårare än vanliga 2:an

Visa signatur

The dream to awaken our world...You're out of control.I take control! Whose side are you on?I take no side...You're skating the edge.I am the edge!What you *truly* want, only I can give.You can't give it, can't even buy it, and you just don't *get* it.

Permalänk
Medlem

Gothic II var mycket bättre än Morrowind enligt mig. Får se om jag kommer tycka likadant när det gäller Gothic III och Oblivion. Fast man väntar på båda spelen. Båda ser riktigt bra ut och man hoppas bara att grafikkortet som sitter i burken blir tillräckligt bra så man kan höja grafiken och fortfarande ha bra fps :).

Det som var så bra i Gothic II var ju känslan medan Morrowind var så stel. Hoppas på båda spelen iaf ;).

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av slak
Om du stryker dom två längst ner på listan och lägger till The Witcher, Dragon Age och The Book of Echalon 1 så håller jag med

Jag ser mer fram emot Gothic 3 än Oblivion.

The Book of Echalon 1? Doesn't ring a bell, gogglade men hittade inget? Vad är det för RPG?

Visa signatur

ASUS ROG Crosshair X670E Gene| AMD Ryzen 9 7800X3D Delidded | Custom EK Watercooling| WD Black SN850X 1TB + WD Black SN850X 2TB| Corsair Vengeance, DDR5-6600 64GB (2 x 32GB) @6400MHz CL 30-38-38-76| AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX| LG UltraGear 45GR95QE OLED| MSI MPG A1000G PCIE5 1000W| Lian Li O-11 EVO|

Permalänk

Ja just det jag glömde bort länken till FAQ'en.
JoWooD Forum
Här är också posten med recomended system specs.

Citat:

World of Gothic is reporting on an article from German magazine PC Games Hardware that purports to have the system requirements for Gothic 3.

Quote:

The article states that according to some members of the Piranha Bytes you need at least:

Athlon 64 3000+/P4 2,8 GHz,
1 GB RAM,
Geforce 6800 GT/Radeon X800 Pro

To enjoy Gothic 3 with all details, 4xFSAA and 8:1 AF, a Geforce 7800 GT/GTX is needed. Probably the new Ati Radeon X1000er-series will fulfill the requirements, too.

Okay, before anyone goes bananas, I don't think these specs are the minimum requirements ... that would be insane. Instead I think these are the recommended specs. Maybe the translation was a bit off.

Also I noticed that PB compares an Athlon 64 3000+ to a P4 2.8 GHz... well that's not correct. An Athlon 64 3000+ equals a P4 3 GHz, but with a slight edge in games. Also the X800 Pro isn't as powerful as the 6800GT, but the X800 XL is about the same in power. So it should be:

Athlon 64 3000+/P4 3 GHz,
1 GB RAM,
Geforce 6800 GT/Radeon X800 XL

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Gambit_2K
The Book of Echalon 1? Doesn't ring a bell, gogglade men hittade inget? Vad är det för RPG?

Var osäker på namnet, men Eschalon: Book 1 hette det visst.

http://basiliskgames.com/

Ett "Old school" RPG i härligt fräsh 2D grafik

Visa signatur

[MSI K8N NEO4 Ultra]-[x64 X-2 4600+]-[2x1024 PC3200]-[MSI 7800GTO 512MB]-[HIPER 580W]-[Western Digital Raptor 36GB 10k]-[Maxtor 250GB SATA]-[Maxtor 120GB SATA]-[Western Digital 250GB]

Permalänk
Medlem

Wow Eschalon: Book 1 verkar tufft

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Ryo

Suck, inget illa menat, men är det inte nog med alla diablo kloner åt sådana som dig? Det lite mer avancerade och mycket mer roligare fighting-systemet i Gothic 1&2 var ju bland annat det som gjorde det så bra. Här gällde det inte bara att trycka på musknappen som en dåre, utan man var även tvungen att akta sig för fiendens attacker och deras pareringar.

Visa signatur

Opteron 146 CABYE 0540 FPMW@2740Mhz | NCP 2x1GB | Asrock Dual Sata II | 6800GT@Ultra | Big Tyhpoon | Antec Trueblue 480W | NEC 3520 | WD 180GB

Permalänk

Jag verkligen älskade gothic 2. Konstigt att jag aldrig har tagit mig tid att klarar ut det.
SPOILER
Jag kapa båten och drog till den där ön, men sen vart det så fruktansvärt svårt och tråkigt, tror jag slog mig igen ett par timmar av tunnlar och fiender men det hände ändå inget. Kan någon beskriva lite mer utförligt vad som hände efter de?.

Permalänk
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av freknemuff
Jag verkligen älskade gothic 2. Konstigt att jag aldrig har tagit mig tid att klarar ut det.
SPOILER
Jag kapa båten och drog till den där ön, men sen vart det så fruktansvärt svårt och tråkigt, tror jag slog mig igen ett par timmar av tunnlar och fiender men det hände ändå inget. Kan någon beskriva lite mer utförligt vad som hände efter de?.

enkel och ganska spoilerfri beskrivning:

Händer inte så mycket. Jag klarade ön ganska fort. sedan blir det slutboss och film.

Visa signatur

The dream to awaken our world...You're out of control.I take control! Whose side are you on?I take no side...You're skating the edge.I am the edge!What you *truly* want, only I can give.You can't give it, can't even buy it, and you just don't *get* it.

Permalänk
Medlem

någon som vet om det finns ett release datum?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Det ska komma i år, ingen vet något annat.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Grymt. väntat i 2år redan=/

hoppas på svårare.. lirar 2an NOTR nu. 2aggr.. tar sin tiiid. men FÖR lätt som magiker...

blir nog ett 1000 timmar + spel G3 om man ska se å göra allt iaf.

Mumma.

Visa signatur

-- AMD Phenom2 X4 955, Gigabyte 790XTA-UD4, XFX HD 5830 1GB, X-Fi Platinum, 12GB Corsair, XMS3 HD = Samsung 1TB S-ATA 2 Mfl. Fractal Design Tesla 650W, Win7--

Permalänk

Kan lägga upp de sista filmerna på en hemmsida eller nått när jag installerat spelet igen.

Visa signatur

Permalänk

Såg snyggt ut. Men kan någon berätta vad spelet går ut på och hur man spelar. Såg inte det på några screens... Vad jag menar är, är det något liknanade fable (samma system, man ser gubben bakifrån och ska göra quests osv) ??

Permalänk
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Terminator
Såg snyggt ut. Men kan någon berätta vad spelet går ut på och hur man spelar. Såg inte det på några screens... Vad jag menar är, är det något liknanade fable (samma system, man ser gubben bakifrån och ska göra quests osv) ??

Som en blandning av någon typ av Hack and slash och RPG. Svårt att förklara och svårare att förstå sig på.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Är väl rätt fable fast utan det söta fantasytemat och inte lika noobvänligt

men jäkligt skön stämning

och stort!

Visa signatur

sad panda

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av Bleak
Är väl rätt fable fast utan det söta fantasytemat och inte lika noobvänligt

men jäkligt skön stämning

och stort!

'

Eftersom att Gothic kom före Fable så kan man säga att Fable är som Gothic fast med fantasytemat istället

Visa signatur