Permalänk
Medlem

AX1200 Issue

I am in a rather unfortunate position right now with my 3 days old AX1200.

Well first off, I am Swede living in Dubai hence me being on this forum Anyways, I bought your Corsair AX1200 down here in Dubai from a reseller, I powered it up with my system (i5 2500K, Gigabyte Z68XP UD3R B3, 4GB Ram, 3 HDD's, and a HD6950) and directly noticed a really high pitch whine, not coil whine (more on that later), but a really high frequncy eeeeeeek, that was present whenever the powersupply was either on or off. This was present with a system connected or not (tried with a PSU tester to start it without a system to eliminate any other hardware).

The same problem occurs with different houses/systems/sockets/parts of Dubai... etc etc

Then i tried to load it, with furmark and there the intensive coil whine comes in, that many youtube videos have recorded and have been replaced by Corsair. Such as this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LDrcvmFZRc

I went back to the store and wanted a replacement, got a straight no, but they said they would send it to the distributor, where they said to have "Corsair trained staff to handle the problem", which I find difficult to believe, but if its true, huge kudos to Corsair! Anyways, waiting for it to come back now which should be in 3-4 days...

Now my question is, arent they liable to give me a new one (cosidering the price I paid)? And if they dont give me new one/fix it and tell me nothing is wrong, what do I do then?

Any help would be appreciated! Not easy to be 18 years old and deal with all these issues as nothing goes smoothly here in Dubai!

Thanks!

Visa signatur

Mac Studio M1 Max + Studio Display

Permalänk
Medlem

In Sweden theey would be, but most of us don't know UAE law