Premiär! Fyndchans i SweClockers Månadens Drop

[Build Log] MetallicAcid's ROG Gene V Inspired TJ08-E

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

[Build Log] MetallicAcid's ROG Gene V Inspired TJ08-E

Hey Sweclockers!

I am starting a thread here on Sweclockers for my upcoming water cooled upgrade for the ROG Gene V TJ08-E. This thread is photo heavy, so there is a 56k modem warning here for those of you using dial-up internet, or with a limited mobile surf packet! I would also like to point out that, yes, I am typing in English, and this I am really, REALLY sorry for... It's just that my typing of the Swedish language is not up to scratch to be able to properly explain what it is that I wish to communicate. I also still have trouble with grammar... But anything that you wish to write to me in Swedish, I can read and understand 100%. Now that's out of the way, let's get started!

First I would like to explain where this build has come from, and what I plan to do with it in the future. Best to explain with pictures! Here is how my PC looked in January this year:

At this point, I had gained enough courage to try my hand at some modding. I was wanting to have something more unique, something with my stamp on it. So I started out with a couple of projects on making my computer stand out from the rest. What I had in mind at that point was just to sleeve the PSU, and try to make a floor which lit up white to show off the components in my case... The sleeving took a long time, and the light panel failed and looked like poo.

So I had to come up with something not just OK, but PERFECT! I wanted to do a mod that had not been done before, and have this mod cover the many bare spaces within the case. Suddenly, I found inspiration from the SupremeFX III sound chip design which can be found on my Asus Z77 Maximus V Gene motherboard. This is what the design looks like on the board:

So, here is my journey to replicating my design on my own PC with the help of a few hand tools, elbow grease, and time. Enjoy these pics:

Let’s just say that the kitchen wasn’t looking so happy after all this work… Neither was the wife!

After a doing the light panels, I had the inspiration and motivation to do something special about the back of the PC. Something special with the cabling, SSD placement, and maybe use some aluminium to "spruse" it up a bit. It was nothing advanced, but in my opinion, it tied in with the general feeling that I washoping to acheive with the upgrade! This is what I had come up with:

So, 5 months had gone by since I had started this rebuild. I had bought some more hardware, sold some hardware, filed and sanded like a "mofo", and in the end, I ended up with a computer that I was 100% happy with!!! This is what it looked like:

Once completed, in May 2013, fans who had followed the build nominated me for overclock.net's "Mod Of The Month", of which I was 1 of 4 contestants gunning for glory. After 8 days of voting, I had won the competition!

But the story doesn't end there... Sadly, after having the computer up and running for a week, I noticed that the SLI setup ran too hot because of the aluminium mid-plate sitting directly above the top GPU, and my Corsair H80 CPU AIO (All In One) solution's pump died. This forced me to send it back as RMA to where I had bought it from. After 3 weeks of having a dead computer, I was told that the H80 would not be replaced, but that I would get a refund. More stress! BUT, After some thinking, and planning, and determination, I decided to take it to the NEXT LEVEL (again?) and WATER COOL!!! And this is where this build log begins...

I would like to announce Aquatuning as a sponsor for some of the required fittings and other bits and pieces. Without the help of Andreas, I don't think that I would have had the money to see my dream become reality. Thank you!
With thanks to my sponsor Aquatuning!

Final pictures:

Awards and commendations:
OCN's "Mod Of The Month" May 2013
Linus Tech Tips WAN show "Build Of The Week"
Featured on Rog Nordic Facebook page
Featured on Sweclockers Facebook page
Featured on Perfect PCs Tumblr page

Permalänk
Permalänk
Permalänk

Awesome, welcome back!
I hope that you will enjoy your new WC setup:)

Visa signatur

Nils-Julius

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Permalänk
Avstängd
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Alle22:

like always, awesome build!

Thanks for following Alle

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Hey guys!

So, after my H80 died, I had to rethink a lot of things within my PC configuration. The H80 is now gone, the GTX670 has been sold, and a custom watercooling loop will be installed for the CPU, and a new GTX780 is joining the party!

I had decided that I would try something different in regards to the watercooling... I thought that normal soft PVC tubing is too easy, and decided to buy some acrylic tubing instead. 4 meters cost me 88kr from a local dealer I will be using Bitspower C47 matt black Crystal Link fittings to hold onto the tubing. Here are some pictures of the products... Please excuse any bad photography

Once I had most of the parts in, I decided to take a few photos of them, as well as show the latest revision in cable management and SSD placement.

Watercooling parts placement. I love how the pump sits just in front of the cut/design on the aluminium plate.

Phobya and Vengeance.

Drain port placement (when the parts arrive)

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

ser bra ut ! och gött att det finns plats för en Drainport!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Cheers Kos. I am just waiting on a male and female quick disconnects so I can get it plumbed up. That is the only thing that I am waiting on before I can continue with the rest of the build.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Det ursprungliga bygget var riktigt snyggt, ska bli intressant att se var det tar vägen nu. Lycka till!

Visa signatur

Har en förkärlek för alternativa standarder och trä; Trädator, Trätangentbord.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av hag.com:

Det ursprungliga bygget var riktigt snyggt, ska bli intressant att se var det tar vägen nu. Lycka till!

Thanks for checking out the build log Hag

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey everyone!

I am STILL waiting on a package which was ordered 2 weeks ago, and have been a little restless. So I downloaded Google Sketchup on Saturday while I was at work on standby (Jour) and started designing things.. I am currently playing with the idea of having a 400x200mm rad from Phobya. One of the first concepts I have put up in the gallery here on sweclockers, but received average reviews. I am still working on the design and will release an update soon. In the meantime, I have created my TJ08-E, created a waterblock as it wasn't available in the 3D warehouse, and am playing with an idea of creating a motherboard-like armor similar to the one found on the Asus Sabertooth series, and more recently the ASUS Gryphon and ROG Formula Z87 boards. so, here come some pictures:

So, this is my ROG V Gene TJ08-E as it stands today but without the motherboard armor:

This is the XSPC Titan/GTX780 block that I created, as I wanted this block because it matched a design idea that I am playing with:

This is the motherboard armor, which will be lit with LED's and have the same lighting effect that the XSPC GPU block gives:

So, that's it for now..

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Is that my old 780?

Visa signatur

FD Define R6, Noctua NH-D15S, 6x Noctua NF-A14 PWM, Corsair AX860i, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core i7 9700k, 32GB Corsair Vengence PRO 3200MHz, Asus GTX1080ti, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB.

Permalänk
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Sure is man!!

MetallicAcid

Awsome!!! Very nice build!! I wish i had the skills to start something like that

Visa signatur

FD Define R6, Noctua NH-D15S, 6x Noctua NF-A14 PWM, Corsair AX860i, Asus Maximus XI Hero, Intel Core i7 9700k, 32GB Corsair Vengence PRO 3200MHz, Asus GTX1080ti, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Thanks man!

By the way, what graphics cards are you running now? Are you rocking the GTX580's?

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Can't wait for more pictures! Looks awesome as always!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Cheers Demis I want to try and get the bulk of this upgrade done this weekend. The delivery arrived last night, and today I am going to Kuntze here in stockholm to buy some silicone tubing so that I can get some bending done! So happy!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Thanks man!

By the way, what graphics cards are you running now? Are you rocking the GTX580's?

MetallicAcid

Im waiting for 2 780s with DCII cooler!

Mike

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Well! The delivery arrived from UPS 2 days ago at 20:00. Let's just say that I was worried that the box was not sent at all because I had no tracking number or any other info But, everything arrived in one piece, and I am a happy camper.

And I finally found 10/6mm silicone tubing to use as an insert into the acrylic tubing for my bending. and rejoice! The first bend was made!

Last but not least, I finally had the parts I needed to make a drain port from the backside of the radiator. It turned out well

So, I know that this is just a small update, but there isn't so much time to invest into the computer build when there is a 7 week old beautiful baby girl who is more deserving of my time and attention

Thanks for reading,
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

I would really like to see your awesome ROG design with a Silverstone FT03 Mini case
Very nice update!

''Random question''

Dold text

What kind of camera do you use, if I may ask

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

I have been considering the FT03 case actually if I was going to do a whole other build And as for the camera, I have a Sony Nexus 5-N and am using the standard 18-55mm lens that came bundled.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Hedersmedlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

I have been considering the FT03 case actually if I was going to do a whole other build And as for the camera, I have a Sony Nexus 5-N and am using the standard 18-55mm lens that came bundled.

MetallicAcid

Och jag skulle vilja se dina kunskaper användas till ett FT02-chassi, king of all chassis! Du kan få låna mitt, om jag får det tillbaka med dina komponenter kvar i chassit

Anyhow, jag gillar verkligen dina byggen. Följer dom så fort jag ser att du skapar något nytt. Stort lycka till även denna gång!

Visa signatur

|| SWECLOCKERS.COM ||
|| Självutnämnd Silverstone FT02-riddare ||
|| Silverstone FT02B-WRI "Limited Edition" No. 0743 & 0640 ||
|| Sweclockers officiella FT02-tråd ||

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Überklass:

Och jag skulle vilja se dina kunskaper användas till ett FT02-chassi, king of all chassis! Du kan få låna mitt, om jag får det tillbaka med dina komponenter kvar i chassit

Anyhow, jag gillar verkligen dina byggen. Följer dom så fort jag ser att du skapar något nytt. Stort lycka till även denna gång!

Hey Uber! It's been a while

I almost bought an FT02 case second hand from a fellow sweclockers member, but couldn't raise enough money... But I already to own an TJ07 which I plan on doing something with

MetallicAcid

Permalänk

Where did you buy the Mod Smart case feet?

Visa signatur

Chassi: Silverstone Temjin TJ08B-E | RAM: Corsair LP 8gb @ 1600MHz | Moderkort: Asus Z87 Gryphon | GPU: ASUS Geforce GTX 780 OC 3gb | CPU: Intel i5 4670k @ 3.4 GHz | PSU: Corsair AX850 | Lagring: x2 Samsung 840 Pro 256gb i RAID 0 |

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av TomDaMuffin:

Where did you buy the Mod Smart case feet?

http://www.aquatuning.se/product_info.php/info/p8943_mod-smar...

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Correct Demis!

This was one of the sponsorship items from Aquatuning

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

Skulle gärna kikat igenom hela tråden, synd bara att bildena från photobucket (i princip alla) inte kan visas.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com

Visa signatur

----