Any plans on adding additional features to Shadowplay?

Permalänk
Medlem

Any plans on adding additional features to Shadowplay?

I've been using Shadowplay ever since it got released. Before shadowplay was a thing I was swapping between Fraps and Dxtory, Fraps for lossless RGB and high framerate footage and dxtory for just ordinary gameplay. Both had a pretty big performance hit and when I tried out shadowplay it was like night and day. Barely no performance hit at all, at a high bitrate (basically lossless if you increase it to almost maximum) and high framerate, with low size output files.

There's a few features missing from Shadowplay though, mainly from Dxtory which has a lot of different settings for audio. You were able to create multiple audio sources in Dxtory making it easy to distinguish and edit in-game sound, your microphone and Teamspeak/mumble, all separetely.

This is probably the most wanted feature right now for Shadowplay and would make it the go to recording software (which it essentially already is).

Thanks.

Permalänk
Skrivet av lutt95:

I've been using Shadowplay ever since it got released. Before shadowplay was a thing I was swapping between Fraps and Dxtory, Fraps for lossless RGB and high framerate footage and dxtory for just ordinary gameplay. Both had a pretty big performance hit and when I tried out shadowplay it was like night and day. Barely no performance hit at all, at a high bitrate (basically lossless if you increase it to almost maximum) and high framerate, with low size output files.

There's a few features missing from Shadowplay though, mainly from Dxtory which has a lot of different settings for audio. You were able to create multiple audio sources in Dxtory making it easy to distinguish and edit in-game sound, your microphone and Teamspeak/mumble, all separetely.

http://i.imgur.com/oeAQtJAm.png

This is probably the most wanted feature right now for Shadowplay and would make it the go to recording software (which it essentially already is).

Thanks.

This is great feedback and I will pass it on to the ShadowPlay team right now! I'm sure there'll be interested in suggestions so feel free to send more over.

I can't comment on future product/feature launches I'm afraid. Sorry.

Permalänk

Also note thet Maxwell has a lossless 4:4:4 codec, it would be great if that could be used.
As that's (i guess) is on NVENC as well it should be great for those that wana record lossless for editing purposes
(That's A Lot of ppl;P).

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Nvidia_Luke:

This is great feedback and I will pass it on to the ShadowPlay team right now! I'm sure there'll be interested in suggestions so feel free to send more over.

I can't comment on future product/feature launches I'm afraid. Sorry.

Awesome, thanks!

Permalänk
Medlem

NVENC has an API so other software can add it as an option for hardware assisted encoding/recording (which has a lot smaller performance impact of course).

I've been checking into a Fraps alternative, and found that two recording software has NVENC support now as far as I know. Those are Mirillis Action and D3Dgear. Mirillis Action is more user friendly and feature laden software (some might say bloated), while D3Dgear is barebones and more similar to Fraps.

Mirillis Action also has Timeshift, i.e. continous looping recording similar to Shadowplay. And according to feature sheet can record mic into separate audio track. Has a trial, and cost $30 for license (more expensive on Steam, but it is available there too). It also has been updated frequently, and has pretty good support with a forum.

I haven't gotten around to try it myself yet, so it's just a suggestion to check out for now.

https://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

Permalänk
Medlem

Tested Mirillis Action a bit and it is a nice allround application. But how much I tried to find a setting for NVENC I could not. So I maxed whatever recording quality options there was, and it still was very far away from Shadowplay maximum quality and the recording had a lot of motion artifacts coming from not enough bitrate, which I cannot accept. So had to uninstall it.

As for Shadowplay here is my wishlist:
1) Make it a separate application. I don't like it being baked in with Geforce Experience, which I don't need and prefer not to install.
2) Add an option to capture screenshots in PNG format (at least PNG, but perhaps also JPG and BMP).
3) Add an option to Benchmark by saving the framerate every second to a file as well as creating a average when stopping the Benchmark.