On my third ax860 with major coil whine. Am I cursed?

Permalänk
Medlem

On my third ax860 with major coil whine. Am I cursed?

Couple of weeks ago I bought a AX860 at webhallen.
Brought it home plugged it in an was instantly greeted with the most annoying high pitched noise imaginable .
The noise is constant with use and does not go away until you break the power connection.

I brought it in to webhallen where the confirmed the issue. I was given a replacement and it had the exact same issue.
Went back the week after, same procedure, unit replaced, same issue..

And now I'm sitting here, pulling my hair over what do do next.
Webhallen is more than happy to replace this unit as well but it seems its very likely I would receive another unit with the exact same issue as the other three.

Permalänk
Skrivet av Bakteria:

Couple of weeks ago I bought a AX860 at webhallen.
Brought it home plugged it in an was instantly greeted with the most annoying high pitched noise imaginable .
The noise is constant with use and does not go away until you break the power connection.

I brought it in to webhallen where the confirmed the issue. I was given a replacement and it had the exact same issue.
Went back the week after, same procedure, unit replaced, same issue..

And now I'm sitting here, pulling my hair over what do do next.
Webhallen is more than happy to replace this unit as well but it seems its very likely I would receive another unit with the exact same issue as the other three.

Har du möjlighet att testa med ett annat grafikkort?

Do you have the option to test the PSU using a different Graphics Card?

Edit: Eller kan du testa med nätagget i en annan dator?

Or can you test the PSU in a different Computer?

Visa signatur

Insert funny joke here

Permalänk
Medlem

Har för närvarande inget grafikkort installerat då jag väntar på retur

(Don't have a GPU installed as I am currently waiting for RMA)

Permalänk
Skrivet av Bakteria:

Har för närvarande inget grafikkort installerat då jag väntar på retur

(Don't have a GPU installed as I am currently waiting for RMA)

I bought an AX860 (from Inet.se) about a week ago and have had no problems at all; maybe Webhallen have gotten their hands on a very bad lot*? If I were you, I would either by one from another store or ask them to test a unit before giving it to you.

*ett väldigt dåligt parti

Visa signatur

Intel Core i5-11600K + Corsair H100i PRO XT | ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti | Corsair LPX 3200 4x8GB | Gigabyte Z590 GAMING X | ASUS PCE-AC68 | PNY XLR8 M.2 500GB + Samsung 850 PRO 256GB + Corsair Force 3 2x120GB | ASUS XonarDX | Corsair AX860 | Fractal Design Define 7 Compact Vit TG | Acer XB271HU + Dell U2412M | Sennheiser PC360 | Logitech G710+ | Mionix Naos QG | Win10x64 | ASUS RT-AC66U

Permalänk
Medlem

Went in and returned and got another one (4th one) same issue... (facepalm)

Permalänk
Skrivet av Bakteria:

Went in and returned and got another one (4th one) same issue... (facepalm)

Sounds like the issue isn't in the PSU, since four times in a row is highly unlikely.

Do you have another PC to test it in as i asked earlier? Because it is probably something else causing the problem, like a line that is over-loaded or strangely loaded.

Have you made sure to connect every plug where it should be?
So you don't have the PCI-power connected to the CPU...

Visa signatur

Insert funny joke here

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Slaktardej:

Sounds like the issue isn't in the PSU, since four times in a row is highly unlikely.

Do you have another PC to test it in as i asked earlier? Because it is probably something else causing the problem, like a line that is over-loaded or strangely loaded.

Have you made sure to connect every plug where it should be?
So you don't have the PCI-power connected to the CPU...

Have tested in different computer and at webhallen, everything plugged in the way it should.
Only mb + ssd plugged in. Doubt that would overload a rail.

Permalänk
Medlem

Får man bara fråga lite snabbt varför du skriver på engelska?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Pga Blackbeard

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av basse1978:

Får man bara fråga lite snabbt varför du skriver på engelska?

"Eftersom Corsairs personal inte talar svenska är språket i detta forum engelska. Talar du inte engelska, använd översättningstjänster som Google Translate eller be andra medlemmar om hjälp. "

Visa signatur

C>++

Permalänk
Medlem

Ah sorry! Missade totalt att vi var i Corsair delen av forumet, visste inte ens det existerade förräns nu. Råkade bara se tråden under 'Aktiva trådar'

Sorry for off topic, ska inte störa mera nu.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Corsair

Bakteria, what's your system spec? And did you say you were getting whine just with the motherboard and an SSD connected?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Blackbeard:

Bakteria, what's your system spec? And did you say you were getting whine just with the motherboard and an SSD connected?

i7 3770k asus maximus Gene V 16 gb vengance cl10 intel 330 120gb

Tried an tested in different computers and at webhallen so sys specs does not matter.
Noise starts simply by plugging it in and turning on the power without the actual computer being on.

Skickades från m.sweclockers.com