Front panel on Graphite 600T Silver, changeable?

Permalänk
Medlem

Front panel on Graphite 600T Silver, changeable?

Hi,

Is it possible to change the front panel to a newer version on the Graphite 600T Silver Midi Tower?

I have this annoying cable inside of the case: USB 3.0, which needs to be connected to a free USB 3.0 connection at the rear end of the case, but I'd rather have it connected to the motherboard and I know my Sabertooth Z77 has such connector on the board.

This is what ASUS says about the USB 3.0:

Citat:

USB Ports
Intel® Z77 chipset:
4 x USB 3.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, blue, 2 at mid-board)

So my question is if there's a front panel with internal connector for USB 3.0 instead of the external?
Otherwise, send my regards to the feedback department and tell them to fix this thing up right away...

Visa signatur

Nikon Z6 • Nikkor AF-S 14-24/2.8G ED • Nikon Z 24-70/4 S • Nikkor AF-S 200-500/5.6E ED VR • Manfrotto BeFree Advanced Twist • Benro TMA47AL • iOptron GEM28 • William Optics Redcat 51 v2 • Lunt LS50THa/B600 • Player One Neptune-M • Player One Apollo-M Mini • Player One Mars-C • GSO 6" Classical Cassegrain

Permalänk
Medlem

Jag tog bort plåten på USB3 adaptern som följde med moderkortet och kopplade in lådans kontakter på den.
Utan plåten så fick den plats bakom moderkortet.

Permalänk
Corsair
Skrivet av HCOC:

So my question is if there's a front panel with internal connector for USB 3.0 instead of the external?
Otherwise, send my regards to the feedback department and tell them to fix this thing up right away...

There will be none. Please keep in mind that the 600T pre dates the USB3.0 internal USB design. When the 600T was launched in the market, all MB vendors were still designing their MB with the USB3.0 port on rear I/O panel.. Only about a year ago they started changing that and re positioned the port and putting the USB3.0 via internal header. The solution that we've suggested, is to simply get an adapter to have it connected internally rather than the rear I/O part. Something like this.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

There will be none. Please keep in mind that the 600T pre dates the USB3.0 internal USB design. When the 600T was launched in the market, all MB vendors were still designing their MB with the USB3.0 port on rear I/O panel.. Only about a year ago they started changing that and re positioned the port and putting the USB3.0 via internal header. The solution that we've suggested, is to simply get an adapter to have it connected internally rather than the rear I/O part. Something like this.

Why not just simply send an internal cable for USB 3.0 in case if someone asks, like me, so I can modify the front panel myself?

With the actual cable management it would look ackward to have a cable going around the case and coming out at the rear, connected to the rear I/O panel and attached to the USB 3.0 connector on the motherboard. Seriously, who thought about these stupid designs when we all knew that the manufactors of the motherboards we're doing boards with USB 3.0 connections, internally?

Visa signatur

Nikon Z6 • Nikkor AF-S 14-24/2.8G ED • Nikon Z 24-70/4 S • Nikkor AF-S 200-500/5.6E ED VR • Manfrotto BeFree Advanced Twist • Benro TMA47AL • iOptron GEM28 • William Optics Redcat 51 v2 • Lunt LS50THa/B600 • Player One Neptune-M • Player One Apollo-M Mini • Player One Mars-C • GSO 6" Classical Cassegrain

Permalänk
Corsair

Sorry, but like what I've stated above, the case pre-dates the internal USB3.0 design. Only later on when MB vendors started changing them when the case has already been launched and mass produced. As you may have noticed already, after the 600Tj model, later case models from Carbide to Obsidian did have the 20pin USB3.0 internal header.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av Greybeard:

Sorry, but like what I've stated above, the case pre-dates the internal USB3.0 design. Only later on when MB vendors started changing them when the case has already been launched and mass produced. As you may have noticed already, after the 600Tj model, later case models from Carbide to Obsidian did have the 20pin USB3.0 internal header.

The silver case came long time after the USB 3.0 was manufactured with the motherboards.
Is it really that hard to find a free internal cable with 1 USB 3.0 connector on the other end? Then you're a lousy company if that's not possible....

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Corsair

Yes, the silver case came post USB3.0, BUT the ID and chassis design did not change, it is still based from the same 600T that was launched years ago except for the color, other than that - they are all the same.

I've suggested a work around on this issue and if you don't agree with that solution, then I am really sorry.