- Jan 2005
Fallen Earth [MMO]
Största insperationskällan till spelet: Fallout & Mad Max
Bara detta gör att man inte får missa spelet.
"Fallout fans never had it so good."
Sen att dom använder PhysX fysikmotor är inte pjåkigt, men det
är lite bittert att man måste köpa till ett PCI-kort som gör beräkningarna
Fysikmotor AGEIA PhysX:
On the art side, we've also been really busy with character customization.
We've implemented thousands of combinations of faces, hairstyles, skin tones, body and facial hair, tattoos, piercings, and makeup. Players will be able to mix and match to their heart's desire, then go nuts with clothing, armor and accessories (up to 22 slots), and carry up to 6 active weapons, all of which are visible.
But wait! We're just getting started...
Everyone likes feeling unique, and we're shooting for unprecedented levels of customization to enhance your role-playing enjoyment. You'll be able to zip up your jacket to protect yourself from the chill of the night when you're wandering the wastelands or wear your jacket open when toiling under the scorching noontime sun. You can even tuck in your shirt when someone complains that you look like a slob, or flip your baseball cap backwards when you're getting ready to wade into a brawl... how cool is that?
We are playing with a ton of concepts for combat, pvp, crafting/building, player progression, missions, mutant powers, physics, equipment, vehicles, skills, etc. which will continue to evolve all the way through beta. We love to see constructive discussions about what you all like and dislike about other games. We are gamers too and some of us probably play in the same games as you…
* Fully customizable characters, including different faces, hair, and skin color
* Thousands of items - clothing, body art, weapons, armor and objects of varying power and ability
* A rich and evolving universe with storyline based missions
* Unlimited character based growth in skills, stats, and special abilities
* Team based missions requiring planning and tactics not just brute force
* Smart creatures that will challenge players abilities by reacting not just acting
* Environmental features that have strategic impact on play actions
* Sniper view, night vision goggles, and various sensor arrays
* Incredibly detailed, character driven, animation system Player can enter Stealth mode for higher accuracy during combat
* Dozens of different weapons, from knives to plasma cannons, all customizable with various attachments
* Death match arenas and capture the flag scenarios
* A world so big you'll need a vehicle to cover the vast landscape
* Various vehicles from single occupancy to multi-passenger vehicles
* Customizable vehicles - armor, weapons, onboard systems
* Roadways connecting far flung outposts and affecting your car's performance
* A massive world with forgotten technologies ready to be reused…
* Huge abandoned underground complexes…
* First encounters with mutated species…
* Story lines revealed through player interaction
Economic and Social Simulation
* Scavenge remnants of the old world for knowledge and profit
* Develop trade skills for wealth and power
* Establish trade routes and caravans across vast and dangerous expanses
* Players can aid in the maintainence and expansion of towns and outposts as well as owning complexes
Is it true that the engine running FALLEN EARTH is so advanced that you can alter the terrain in real time?
Yes… just think of our 3D engine as part of the special sauce at Icarus... We set out to do things better, which means that we set out to re-invent the tools for creating, and the engine for running an online universe. We licensed the best physics engine in the business, everything else we built ourselves. Our goals: delivering the ultimate game world offering maximum fun with real time terrain deformation, lip sync and eye movements and much more…
:: Hell was build for heroes ::