[Build Log] MetallicAcid's ROG Gene V Inspired TJ08-E

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

So, I was kicking around in Sketchup again (at work ) and came up with a window design. I was hoping to get everyone's opinion on it.

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/window...

MetallicAcid

I really Love the project so far, simply amazing and one of very few projects that uses light that I liked so far!

I cant really say why or what, but that window modell just doesnt look right tho

Permalänk

Love the project! looks very promising! Subbed to the thred!

Visa signatur

12900K, 48GB DDR5, RTX 3070Ti

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av NJB Mods:

Nope i really like the design:P

It fits the rest of the "theme"

may i ask you what do you work with?

Awesome

I work as a lighting expert for various museum's artworks.

Skrivet av lanbonden:

I really Love the project so far, simply amazing and one of very few projects that uses light that I liked so far!

I cant really say why or what, but that window modell just doesnt look right tho

That's cool man, if you don't think that the window fits, than I appreciate your opinion

Skrivet av SwedenVirre:

Love the project! looks very promising! Subbed to the thred!

Cheers mate!! Welcome to the party!

Update

Test fitting the GPU backplate on my GTX780. Rev 2.0 is now ready for it's lighting upgrade

Notice in this picture, in the top right corner of the plate, where I have 2 screws. This is where I miscalculated the hole postition

With thanks to my sponsor Aquatuning!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Awesome

I work as a lighting expert for various museum's artworks.

That's cool man, if you don't think that the window fits, than I appreciate your opinion

Cheers mate!! Welcome to the party!

Update

Test fitting the GPU backplate on my GTX780. Rev 2.0 is now ready for it's lighting upgrade
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/DSC030...

Notice in this picture, in the top right corner of the plate, where I have 2 screws. This is where I miscalculated the hole postition

MetallicAcid

Does the card work?

Visa signatur

Nils-Julius

Permalänk

Wow I'm jelly of your skills, everything is looking good so far!

Permalänk

Where did u bought that acrylic tube and fittings? Been looking for primochill acrylic and ghost fittings but can find it in europe, only in US. Btw very nice job !!

Visa signatur

[Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro, Ryzen 5700X, G.skill Trident 3600, AMD 6600XT]

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Update

*Some images*

MetallicAcid

That backplate is amazing

Permalänk
Medlem

Damn what an epic build man . Wish i could have the joy getting my hands on that pc You should make a window and then have a red backlit keyboard It would be a perfect match for this build . Thanks for making something for me and all the other pc enthusiasts on sweclockers to be enspired of . I sure wish i had the money to make something like this !

Permalänk
Administrativ avgift
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Cheers mate! Do you have any input on how it could be better?

MetallicAcid

How did you bend the Tube like that? And what size is it?

Visa signatur

Loque Raw s1| 7950x3D | B650-i | 2x16GB DDR5 CL30@6000 | 2TB m.2 | 4090 TUF | Samsung G9 49 | Vive Focus 3

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av NJB Mods:

Does the card work?

I have not tested it yet, but I do not see why not. On the backside of the card I have glued Nylon 3mm spacers at each hole's location to raise the plate from the PCB

Skrivet av Retrospective:

Wow I'm jelly of your skills, everything is looking good so far!

Cheers mate!!

Skrivet av lanbonden:

That backplate is amazing

Thank you

Skrivet av Fabbeee:

Damn what an epic build man . Wish i could have the joy getting my hands on that pc You should make a window and then have a red backlit keyboard It would be a perfect match for this build . Thanks for making something for me and all the other pc enthusiasts on sweclockers to be enspired of . I sure wish i had the money to make something like this !

Thanks Fab! I have a red keyboard already, and the window is in the design process

Skrivet av trisse23:

How did you bend the Tube like that? And what size is it?

The tubing is 10/12mm, and it was bent by inserting 6/10mm silicone tube into the acrylic pipe, and then heating with a heat gun until it was bendable. I formed the bends around my deodorant spray's can so that I did not get kinks on the inner radius of the bend.

Thanks everyone for the supportive comments
MetallicAcid

Permalänk

And my question?

Visa signatur

[Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro, Ryzen 5700X, G.skill Trident 3600, AMD 6600XT]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av ante_ante:

Where did u bought that acrylic tube and fittings? Been looking for primochill acrylic and ghost fittings but can find it in europe, only in US. Btw very nice job !!

Sorry ante that I missed your question!

Since you love in Stockholm like I do, then getting what you need should be easy The fittings are Bitspower Crystal link C47, bought from Liontech.se in Spånga. The piping was bought from Nordbergs Tekniska in Vallentuna. 4m (2x2m) cost me 88kr with pick up. Super cheap if you can drive there and pick it up. And you will need silicone toning to insert into the pipe so it does not kink. This I have if you need.

I am sorry once again, and hope the info helps. Just shoot me a PM if you have any detailed questions

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

I agree with you 100% about the RAM sticks Uber. I was almost the winner of an auction where the seller had Redline Ridgeback 32GB for 1600kr. I was outbid in the last minute Since then I have spent that money of other things... But if I were to upgrade something on my PC in the near future, it would be 1. RAM sticks 2. i7 3rd Gen 3770K.

And having a build log for the FT02 goes without saying! You can expect something soon from me with a TJ07 case though

MetallicAcid

Some red RAM sticks on the market now, thought I should let you know.
http://www.sweclockers.com/annons/82763-gskill-ripjaws-16gb-1...

EDIT: Possibly too few?

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Dator: *Censurerad av Jantelagen*

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av dwd:

Some red RAM sticks on the market now, thought I should let you know.
http://www.sweclockers.com/annons/82763-gskill-ripjaws-16gb-1...

EDIT: Possibly too few?

Cheers for the heads up. I am considering changing ram, but I think that the Ripjaws X are a bit "blingy". It will have to be a matt colour I think

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Cheers for the heads up. I am considering changing ram, but I think that the Ripjaws X are a bit "blingy". It will have to be a matt colour I think

MetallicAcid

Sounds great! Isn't it possible to remove the heatsink from your current RAMs and color them the way you want?

Visa signatur

CITERA FÖR SVAR

Dator: *Censurerad av Jantelagen*

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Well guys. The build is almost complete. I was able to install the LED's onto the GPU plate, and it fit perfectly. The Nylon spacers were a little too long though, as the backplate was touching the RAM clips and wouldn't go into the slot, so I had to file the Nylon spacers down 1.5mm. Not it fits perfectly, everything is now installed and managed, and I am in the process of taking finished build photos My build is also in the running to be July's MOTM here on CMC. If you like what I have achieved so far, then please vote for me

Here is a teaser:

[www.aquatuning.se]

[/URL]

Thank you everyone for following this watercooling upgrade, and I hope to have final photos posted within this week. Take care
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Alrighty everyone! I would like to present to you part 1 of 2, of the final pictures for my build.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update

Welcome to Part 2 of 2 of final pictures for the ROG V Gene TJ08-E. I hope that you enjoy the album, and hopefully you will be inspired to do you own modding. Please remember that this is just my second computer ever, and my first mod.

With a massive heartful thankyou,
MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

This just looks amazing, the lightning looks very clean and i like the overall attention to detail that you have throughout the whole build. The only thing that you should take in mind is the fact that it is quite easy to overdo some things but i think that you have managed to build a very clean and beautiful looking PC!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av D0ez:

This just looks amazing, the lightning looks very clean and i like the overall attention to detail that you have throughout the whole build. The only thing that you should take in mind is the fact that it is quite easy to overdo some things but i think that you have managed to build a very clean and beautiful looking PC!

Thank you for the kind words D0ez. I really tried to not overdo the details and make it look cheap. I am glad that you think that my PC mod isn't cheesy!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey guys and girls

I have created an account techpowerup.com, and have created a gallery for this build log. I wanted to see what everybody thinks this computer deserves out of a score of 10... So if you have an account, please throw me a vote

http://www.techpowerup.com/gallery/3685.html

MetallicAcid

P.S. If I were to start another project, which case would you like to see me mod?

Permalänk
Medlem

The Air 540

Visa signatur

Det värsta som kan hända är döden, allt annat kan jag leva med!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Of course you would say that But I want your Air 540 to shine, so maybe something else is what I need

I have not had enough time to send the silicone tube to you just yet, just so you know... I have late shifts for the rest of the week, but I'll try to make it to the post office before the weekend. If not, then I can definitely drop it off to a post office during the weekend when grocery shopping!

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Medlem

I'm not in a rush ^^ Still gotta order the acrylic tubing and the rest of the parts i need ^^
And i could always pick the silican tube up when visiting sthlm the 18th

Visa signatur

Det värsta som kan hända är döden, allt annat kan jag leva med!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Havocboy:

I'm not in a rush ^^ Still gotta order the acrylic tubing and the rest of the parts i need ^^
And i could always pick the silican tube up when visiting sthlm the 18th

Ok cool! Well, if you had any more questions, just shoot me a PM.

MetallicAcid

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey guys!!

I just wanted to say that I have created a Facebook fan page called MetallicAcid Customs, as well as joined instagram with the #metallicacidcustoms hashtag. I will be posting progress on current my projects, other projects which inspire me, in depth WIP shots, and links to "How-To" guides so you can achieve similar or better results that I achieve working onmy kitchen table

Hopefully see you there!

Best regards,
Justin Ohlsen / MetallicAcid

Facebook: www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustoms
Instagram: #metallicacidcustoms

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey everybody!

I have shamelessly entered my TJ08 ROG V rig into another competition at Minimalistic PC's, and hope for your support After you have checked out all the great PC's there, and still think that my work is worthy of your vote, then you will know what to do

Either way, thank you for your support, and see you at the next project!

http://www.minimalisticpc.com/contests/entries/tj08b-e-rog-v/

Best regards,
Justin / MetallicAcid
www.facebook.com/metallicacidcustomspcs
#metallicacidcustoms