Permalänk
Discokungen
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Hey guys!!

What would you guys think of a unibody design for the front of the case 5.25" bays, like found on a Murderbox MKII?

Best regards,
Justin

That would probably be the best looking option. Definitely approved!

One quick questin, why 27" FullHD and not 2560*1440 screens? Or is it a typo?

Visa signatur

AMD 5800X3D - G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16 32GB - Asus B550 TUF - ASRock 7900 XTX Phantom - Intel 900p - CaseLabs S8 - LG 42C2 - Corsair AX1200i - Aquaero 6 - Vattenkyld

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Flamso:

I am not sure mate. @ddemis might have the answer though.

/MA

Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Hey guys!!

What would you guys think of a unibody design for the front of the case 5.25" bays, like found on a Murderbox MKII?

Best regards,
Justin

Yes, definitely a good idea! Makes for a much cleaner look! Nice work so far

Visa signatur

#Framtiden

Permalänk
Permalänk
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Thanks for the input Ted!

/MA

Thanks for the buildlog

Visa signatur

#Framtiden

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av TedRohlin:

Thanks for the buildlog

It is my pleasure to share mate

/MA

Permalänk
Avstängd
Skrivet av Flamso:

The answer to that was in my comment.
But it has changed to 5x 24'' FullHD Dell monitors now. I ordered another monitor arm for the table. The full HD resolution doesn't bother me and the price jump between 1920x1080 > 2560x1440p is quite high.

Skickar detta från sambons konto då jag blev avstängd p.g.a en meme bild.

//Demis

Permalänk
Discokungen
Skrivet av Derpina:

The answer to that was in my comment.
But it has changed to 5x 24'' FullHD Dell monitors now. I ordered another monitor arm for the table. The full HD resolution doesn't bother me and the price jump between 1920x1080 > 2560x1440p is quite high.

Skickar detta från sambons konto då jag blev avstängd p.g.a en meme bild.

//Demis

Fair enough! Looking great though!

Visa signatur

AMD 5800X3D - G.Skill Trident Z 3200 CL16 32GB - Asus B550 TUF - ASRock 7900 XTX Phantom - Intel 900p - CaseLabs S8 - LG 42C2 - Corsair AX1200i - Aquaero 6 - Vattenkyld

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Demis, how did you get yourself banned with just a simple meme? And 5 screens? Holy s**t!!!

/Justin - MA

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

]

[size="3"]Hey modders and enthusiasts!

Just a nice and short update for you tonight. The paint is dry on the GPU shrouds, and I have screwed everything together. I can HIGHLY recommend to anyone that wants to personalize their PC that little more with painting their own GTX770/780/780ti/Titan/TitanBlack shroud! I am very pleased with how they turned out

And one more thing, I have sanded back the LEDs so they no longer shine green, but rather shine the stock white LED instead

What do you think? Hit or miss?
Best regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen

[/size]

Permalänk

Absolutely stunning! (Telling you that on Swerigs wasn't enough )

Visa signatur

#Framtiden

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av TedRohlin:

Absolutely stunning! (Telling you that on Swerigs wasn't enough )

Thank you again Ted!! You are awesome!

/MA

Permalänk
Medlem

Goldish, spiced with some black detalis and white leds.. Lookin' good mhm!

Permalänk
Medlem

Mmmmm them shrouds! *drool* was it possible to completly disassemble the shrouds or did you have to do a lot of masking before painting?

Visa signatur

Bygglogg | Alumex HTPC Ta en titt och glöm inte att kommentera! :)
---------------------------------------------------------------
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Corsair Dominator 16GB 2133Mhz - Corsair H100 - Intel i7 3930K - Asus Radeon 7950 OC - Samsung SSD 250gb

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Ralfan:

Goldish, spiced with some black detalis and white leds.. Lookin' good mhm!

Awesome!!

Skrivet av Spille:

Mmmmm them shrouds! *drool* was it possible to completly disassemble the shrouds or did you have to do a lot of masking before painting?

I was able to unscrew them from the heatsink. Each GPU had to have 22 screws removed lol! But it was really easy to do. I needed a mini philips head screw driver, 1mm and 2mm hex key. If you are considering painting your own, I can maybe do it for you?

/MA

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Hey everybody I have a nice fat update for you!

Firstly, I would like to proudly announce that Icemodz.com has kindly sponsored me with all that I need to make my PSU wires niceand organised! Also, all of my lighting options have also been covered with their RGB LEDs, with remote control. I cannot wait to start using them! Lastly, I have all of my hard acrylic tubing needs covered

In other news, I have cut myself a hole for the window into the side panel. It took a few hours to complete over a period of three days, whenever I had a spare minute at work. Some of the corners have not been filed all the way down to where I had marked them and this is because I am waiting until I have the acrylic windows in my hands, and can make sure that the window fits without taking away too much of the aluminium. I don't want to have all this time put into the cutting and filing just to find out that the measurements that I gave to the CNC operator, and what I had filed do not match. Anyways, here are some glory shots!

I love how this project is shaping up! There aren't so many things more that need to be done to this case. If I am to make a short list, it would look like this:

To make or modify:
CNC Acrylic window for top of case.
CNC Acrylic window for side panel.
Drill midplate pass-through holes for hard tubing.
Attach angled plate to midplate.
Drill reservoir pass-through holes for hard tubing.
Install new power button.
Install front panel and fill all gaps with car-body repair.
Powder coat everything.

To install:
Cold Zero parts.
Water cooling parts.
PC components.
LED lighting.

Well this is it from me for now guys! Next, I plan on doing some sanding on the case and setting the front plate in place, install the orange button, and glue another rail onto the angled plate so I can screw it onto the midplate. Thanks for reading!

Best regards,

[/size]

Permalänk

So exciting!!

Visa signatur

#Framtiden

Permalänk
Avstängd

Great progress!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Hello modders and enthusiasts!

I have a nice and exciting update for you tonight. I would first like to announce Södertälje Specialsnickeri AB as a sponsor to this project, as they have donated their time and CNC machining skills to create for me some beautiful windows with indented edges, so they sit flush with the surface of the case. The machine ate through the acrylic glass like a hot knife through butter, so other materials like MDF sheet or even aluminium can be machined.

I have a few shots to show to you from my trip out to their workshop and the milling process. I also test fitted the windows, and after some fine adjustments with filing the case, they fit very nicely indeed

I hope you enjoy!

Here are some interesting projects I seen in the workshop. One is an electric guitar which is about to have the neck milled, and the second round object is actually a 3D milled prototype for the Radiostyrd R2D2 which is currently in the building phase at sweclockers!

Ok now, down to business! Let's get those windows machined!! Much excite, wow!

The end result, the creator and the creations together.

After some fine filing, the test fitting went very nicely!

As always I thank you for reading, and hope to see you back next time!
Best regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Medlem

nice

Visa signatur

Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4,5 Ghz (Extreme) || GTX1080 || Cooler master HAF X ||Corsair vengeance 16GB || Eizo Ips x2 || Corsair HX1050 ||Asrock Extreme9 X79 || Corsair H100 || Samsung 256gb PRO 950 x3 || Freenas server 12tb || DELL 1950 samt MD1000, HP580DL G5

Permalänk
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Hello girls and guys of modding! I would like to present to you a major company who has generously given us a vital component to the TJ07 project. Which reminds me, I have to start thinking of a name for this project soon!

The company is no other than Silverstone Technologies! And the PC component which they have provided to us is the Silverstone Strider ST1200G 1200w PSU. So I would like to thank Marie from Silverstone.

I would now like to present an unboxing of this awesome PSU, and maybe write a few words about it as well while I am here.

The packaging of this PSU is black and gold, with a high gloss finish. Very fitting colours when you compare it to the project! The sides of the box contain various information about how many cables are in the box, load levels, fan graphs, ripple levels etc. If you wanted to buy a PSU and you had to judge just by looking at the box, this would certainly have all the info you could ever need.

Opening the box gave me all of the cables (and there are ALOT), some screws, cable ties, velcro straps and the instruction manual. The cables are of all various colours, which is a shame since I will be sleeving them, and those colours might shine through. I don't wish to make my own cables, but I might just have to...

First looks around the PSU. I have to admit, this thing is stunning and feels solid. And that paint work, Oh my!!! This wrinkle coated surface is supposed to make the PSU super durable and scratch resistant. So only time will tell if this is the case.

Those white stickers ruin the aesthetics.. Something must be done about that.

Ahhh, much better

Some beauty shots of the paint job and logo. This is just a super sexy PSU overall, and it feels solid unlike others that I have used.

Now I just have to say that Silverstone did not ask me to do an unboxing of this PSU, but rather I did it because I enjoy doing so and it is my way of saying thank you.

So, until next update, stay cool!
Best regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Why hello there guys and girls of modding!

I have a lovely update to present to you today. I had done some work on the body with gluing the front panel into place, and sanding the entire face to it is totally flat. It was a labour of love, but well worth it! I covered over the 3 LED holes as well above the on/off switch. I then went ahead and filed out the original hole 5mm so that I could install the vandal switch seen it the pictures, which have a golden/yellow LED ring.

So with this said, onto the pictures!

So I would like to hear your thoughts on the build so far! Please give me some feedback if you are enjoying this thread, and if there is anything I can do to improve the quality of the thread and/or project! Thanks!!

Best regards,

[/size]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Have you guys had any experience with PSUs that require an extra capacitor on the PCI-E cables? Like this one?

Can it be cut off? I ask this as the individually sleeved cables which can be bought from moddiy.com don't have them. I have also read that they are to reduce voltage ripple. If it is removed, would the ripple be so bad after?

Best regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Have you guys had any experience with PSUs that require an extra capacitor on the PCI-E cables? Like this one?

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/DSC057...

Can it be cut off? I ask this as the individually sleeved cables which can be bought from moddiy.com don't have them. I have also read that they are to reduce voltage ripple. If it is removed, would the ripple be so bad after?

Best regards,
Justin

I dont think you should remove them, but you can try and replace them perhaps? 2200uF, 18v if I can read it correctly, its a bit of a wonky angle.
Connectors to graphics cards run at 12 volt, so you might be able to shrink or replace it with an axial cap instead of a radial, seeing they used a cap with a lot of headroom replacing it to a 16v version wouldn't pose a problem and might shrink it one or two millimeters.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q771/Justin_Ohlsen/DSC057...

Best regards,
Justin

When i read up on these Silverstone PSU's a while ago a couple of modders who sleeved the power supplies removed the capacitors without any issues afterwards. Of course it's hard to notice a difference without actually measuring the ripple, but it should only have a minor effect if any. One thing you could do would be to add the capacitor somewhere inside the PSU instead.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Thanks for the info and tips guys. I will have a think about what to do and come back with what I decide to do in a future update

/Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Update time!

[size="3"]Why hello there guys and girls.

I have received the first of the water cooling products, so I have taken this opportunity to snap a few photos to show you guys. Beware: This is a massive photodump. This is kind of like an pictorial unboxing of EK's products, so every one of you can have a look at the finish in person and decide if their products are for you. I am not affiliated or endorsed by EKWB.

With this said, onto the pictures!

After the photoshoot I was then tempted to throw the rads and PSU into the case to see how it will look

The look of the rads are great. I love the rectangular look and the ends where the Torx screws are. The rads have a paint job which cover all the fins without any discolouration unlike any Alphacool or Phobya rad on the market. This is nice if you are aiming to have a fully blacked out PC build like I have planned.

The reservoirs feel solid, and look really nice to boot. They come with 4 silver stop fittings and 2 extension fittings. Keep this in mind when you are planning to buy your fittings for your own custom WC loop, otherwise you will have to replace all of these fittings with your desired colour.

I also have to give a shoutout to Inet.se who had this delivered just after 2 business days after the products were ordered from their website. Other products were ordered the same time from another webshop, and those items have only just left their warehouse.

This is it from me, so until next time, take care!

[/size]

Permalänk
Medlem

lovely!!

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5 1600, Gigabyte 1070, MSI B350M MORTAR, Crucial 16GB, Samsung EVO 500GB, Define Mini C, Corsair RM550x (╯°□°)╯​︵ ┻━┻