WING X99 | CNC-fräst scratch-bygge! (Slutgiltiga bilder postade!)

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

För er som frågat, nu har jag lagt upp ett galleri på CNC-routern!

http://www.sweclockers.com/galleri/13997-cnc-router-egen-desi...

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Inaktivt företagskonto

Otroligt bygge, både fräsen och Wing. Sjukt kul att få se datorn IRL två gånger nu.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Corsair Johan:

Otroligt bygge, både fräsen och Wing. Sjukt kul att få se datorn IRL två gånger nu.

Sjukt kul att få se den legendariske Johan 2 gånger nu! (kul att se alla andra också såklart!)

Synd att du missade DHW (men du hade ju en ganska bra anledning i alla fall ). Får hoppas att vi ses på birdie och DHS nästa år!

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Eftersom att en hel del har efterfrågat temps, benchmarks och bilder för bakgrunder så tänkte jag att jag skulle fixa det! Passade på att korta ner albumet och fokusera fixa till dessa bilder så bra som möjligt med vitbalans/hue samt att jag tagit bort WING watermarken etc.

Bakgrundsbilder finns de att hämta
HÄR i 4K och PNG format!

Vi kör på engelska på förklaringarna så blir det lättare för de som har lite svårt med svenska! Om det är något som ni inte förstår eller något liknande så är det bara att fråga antingen via tråd eller PM!

Computer performance and temps after 5 months of constant daily use (+6h each day). All in all, the system runs perfectly with a low noise level with the fans doing around 7-800 RPM when in idle and with it ramping up to about 850 RPM when doing gaming, rendering and other heavy tasks. While I could run the system on higher fan speeds to gain a few degrees it seems hardly worth it. But It is good to know that I could If I wanted to. The Corsair Commander have been quite good and really easy to use and setup, both with hardware and software. Being able to set your own curves for the fans is a really nice feature that I value a lot. It is a nice unit all in all the only thing I wish it had was on board memory so in case the computer hangs or the software crashes it would still be able to control the fans. But that is about the only bad thing I can say about. And the Link software has come a long way for those who haven't used it for a while.

3Dmax Timespy with Gsync Off and got the following score. CPU @ 4.0 GHz and GPUs at stock settings.

Time to do some benchmarking now (about 5 months later). Everything have been running smooth and I have been using the computer about 8 hours a day or so. This is the result in Cinebench Running CPU test with CPU @ 4.0 GHz @ 1.20 v. Fans at Adaptive speed (goes to ~850 RPM)

Temps during the 3Dmax test and power consumption. We can see that with 2xD5 Pumps, 7x140mm ML Fans, Strix 1080 in SLI strix, 2x800gb PCIe SSDs from Intel and a 10-core 6950X uses about 571 Watts from the wall. Notice that the fan on the Corsair AX1200i is still at 0 RPM. Pushing the air through the radiator to the PSU is enough cooling for it to always be passive. I have never seen the fan spin on the PSU even under these types of loads for longer periods. Quite impressive I must say!

This is the computer at IDLE while having the fans (4xCorsair ML140 push and 3x in pull) all on a dynamic curve that I have set up. With the fans going from 500 to 1800 RPM. We can see core temps around 35-39 C with the water @ 34 C and Air in @ 27 C. Drawing from the wall socket about 240 Watts.

This is the computer at IDLE while having the fans (4xCorsair ML140 push and 3x in pull) all on maximum RPM. We can see core temps around 32-34 C with the water @ 32 C and Air in @ 27 C. Drawing from the wall socket about 250 Watts.

Doing Ray Tracing in Autodesk Inventor using 100% of the CPU. Ran for 873 seconds with the fans at dynamic speed that settled around 850 RPM. With the CPU temps being around 58C and a power consumption about 360 Watts at the wall.

Doing Ray Tracing in Autodesk Inventor using 100% of the CPU. Ran for 757 seconds with the fans at max speed (1800 RPM). With the CPU temps being around 53C and a power consumption about 360 Watts at the wall.

Running Playerunkown's Battleground @ 120-140 FPS (2K res, Ultra on AA, Textures and View Distance, rest on low or very low). You can see here how much PUBG utilizes SLI... One card is basically not used at all.

I upgraded my setup with some more stuff. I won a Corsair T1 RACE with WING X99. And after having used it for about 3 months I thought I would give my thoughts on it since there is not that much info out there I feel. All in all I am very pleased with it. And one of the best things with it is how nice the "roller blade" type wheels are. It is like gliding on a cloud compared to hard plastic wheels and much softer on your floor and it does not get stuck on cables and stuff. The material feels soft and has a very high quality. Also, the armrests were surprisingly comfortable. It has this "carbon" texture to it that is tightly wrapped or molded over a springy foam that feels really nice. The ability to change the width, height, "out and inwards" and back and forth position of the armrests is something I did not think I would do much, but I have ended up doing a l lot. The only thing I wished was that it was just a tiny bit wider over the back of the chair. For me it is just right but could have been a bit bigger. If I were to compare it to my previous chair (DXracer formula) this is much nicer in quality over all. The T1 RACER has a material that feels nicer, it has softer padding in the base. It is basically a higher quality chair over all. It is also quite a bit easier to assemble alone compared to the formula chair. The biggest thing for me was that the formula chair was WAY too narrow in the base so my thighs hurt while sitting in it for longer than 30 minutes. I actually had to swap back to my IKEA chair. But as always when it comes to chairs it comes down to personal preference. I would suggest trying out chairs before buying. But I can highly recommend the T1 RACE chair if you are looking for a high-quality chair. For reference I am 182 cm tall and weigh about 80-85kg and that is about 6 feet and 185 lbs.

This is the texture I was talking about earlier. It looks really hard, but it is actually really nice! And it does not collect dust/skin particles. I was a bit worried about that the first time I felt it. But this is how it looks after almost 3 months of usage!

I also swapped out my Corsair LUX K70 with MX browns to a Corsair K90 RGB Platinum with Speed switches that has a lower actuation point. Compared to the K70 if you don't compare switches the K90 has nicer media switches and a really nice wrist rest that you can swap for a rough and a smooth surface. All in all, a really nice upgrade and if you like macro keys it has 6 extra to the left that can be quite useful. My thoughts on the speed switches is that you sacrifice a bit of typing comfort compared to my overall favorite brown switches. But I ended up using the speed anyway, it still has a nice feel when typing but it feels much more fast and rapid when gaming. I went back to try brown after a few days of using the speed, but it felt sluggish in games compared to the speed ones. I definitely think it is worth it if you play a lot of games, especially FPS. On the subject of RGB I really like the ability to have specially assigned colors each key and that you can have layout profiles tied to different applications. I am not really a RGB person per say but the biggest thing is that you have options. In desktop I still use a solid red color and when I play games I have specially assigned key colors in my most played games. I would say that is basically always worth to get RGB versions compared to solid color ones.

I also swapped to the Corsair Harpoon mouse since the K65 mouse did not really fit my grip. It’s a really cheap and simple mouse that does its job well!

This is how the dust filter looked after 6 months of use! Should probably clean that more often

Also the GPU bubble is gone! But as I did some refilling and cleaning out some dust on the cars this bubble came out from one of the blocks and got stuck there... But It will be gone in a few days or so, but still annoying when you are taking a picture That is all I have to update on the WING X99 Project. So far everything has been working perfectly and I am happy with how it looks and how it performs! I am sorry that I did not get this update up earlier and I have been promising people performance benchmarks and temps for a long time! Sorry about the delay!

Cheers

Visa signatur

[Project]
WING X99