Permalänk
Medlem

Hi all, I would like to thank everyone for the input into this project - it's been a lot of fun and I enjoyed designing based on something people are passionate about

Special thanks to forum user patrikringdahl for putting so much effort into visualising his version of my design

Article about competition winners and the rationale for choosing them is here: http://www.webhallen.com/list_group.php?avd=3&group=1593

Please watch this space for links to another gaming product I'm working on related to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - Details will be here in 1 week!

Cheers all!

Permalänk
Medlem

I'm so disappointed that you didn't make it to the final. My personal opinion is that your concept unhesitatingly is the best of all represented from Konstfack.

Visa signatur

Main Rig FD Define R4 |Intel C2Q Q9650@3.6GHz|Asus P5Q-E|OCZ Reaper 4GB@800MHz|WD6400AAKS|HD6850|Corsair HX650
HTPC HDPLEX H1.S |Intel Core i3 4330|ASRock Z87E-ITX|8GB|128GB mSATA
Work Dell Vostro 3360 |Intel Core i5-3317U|8GB|Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Permalänk
Medlem
Citat:

Ursprungligen inskrivet av this
I'm so disappointed that you didn't make it to the final. My personal opinion is that your concept unhesitatingly is the best of all represented from Konstfack.

Which wasn't very hard, though, seeing as how it was basically the only one that even remotely included function as a major factor in the design.

I'd go as far as to say your chassi was the only one that I'd actually be willing to buy.

Visa signatur

E6750 - XFX 9800GTX+ OC - Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 - 2*1GB Corsair VS PC2-5300 - Samsung Spinpoint 400GB

Permalänk

I think it would be to expensive to make when considering what functions it brings to the table. It is indeed very beutiful but that's not always enough. Modern mechanical harddrives don't become very warm and, for high performance applications, SSD drives are taking the marketshares previously had by drives such as The WD Raptor. The SSD drives use less then 1W of power so they don't really need any cooling. Thus building a case with focus on harddrive cooling could seem abit oldschool.

Another theory is that Fractal Design didn't fit their "style". I can't answer for them, these are just theorys :P.

Im not saying that harddrives don't need cooling but just that the same effect this design provides could be achieved with a less complicated design. Unfortunately that would result in losing the unique character this case has.

I've picked up work on the design again and I am trying to figure out the best solution for cooling :P. I''ve got many different ideas but they all have disadvantages. >_<

Permalänk
Medlem

I have no idea what the decision making process was and it's best not to speculate, I'll just bung it into my portfolio and that'll be the end of it It'll be nice to see what finally transpires at the end of the prototyping, I'm here for a year so hopefully I'll see some of the winning designs evolve into gaming chassis!

again - watch this space for other projects! I'm loving the feedback from designer to user to designer - will be incorporating it into my Bachelors project next year

Permalänk
Medlem

We will help you as much as we can. It's just fun to be a part of a design.

Visa signatur

Main Rig FD Define R4 |Intel C2Q Q9650@3.6GHz|Asus P5Q-E|OCZ Reaper 4GB@800MHz|WD6400AAKS|HD6850|Corsair HX650
HTPC HDPLEX H1.S |Intel Core i3 4330|ASRock Z87E-ITX|8GB|128GB mSATA
Work Dell Vostro 3360 |Intel Core i5-3317U|8GB|Samsung 840 Pro 256GB