Pump issues on the H80?

Permalänk
Medlem

Pump issues on the H80?

Wondering if there is some quality issues with the pumps on the H80s.
First unit started sounding like a HDD loading and dying, so I got a replacement.

This one sounded like it was dying from the start and it wont go away.
And not enough there, the fan-controller in the unit just want to make 1 fan spin now, other fan just spins up and down and then dies.

So if I get another replacement from where I got them, will it be the same once again or nog or can you confirm that the H80 has some issues?

Visa signatur

🎮 - AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2970WX • 64GB DDR4 3200MHz • RTX 2070 SUPER • Seasonic Core GM 650 650W PSU

🖥️ - 2x ACER 27" ConceptD CP5271UV IPS QHD HDR 170 Hz

Permalänk

Byt ut den och se om det blir samma fel.

Permalänk
Medlem

There is some air in these systems to allow the liquid to expand when heated. These bubbles can get stuck in the pump, you can try to remove the radiator and shake it during operation, or try to release the bubble by tapping on the pump.
The built in fan controller probably sux, use your motherboard instead.

Permalänk
99:e percentilen

I have the very same problem with my H60 (they have the same pump, I think). I filed an RMA and got a new one. But as usual when I buy something expensive, it has the same problem. The retailer suggests I choose another one, but they only have H50 and Antec Kühler 620.

Now I'm keeping it quiet using the fan speed option in my motherboard's BIOS. As long as it's set to Level 8 (out of 9), it's quiet. Although sometimes (~1 out of 5 times) when I power on my computer, it's not quiet, and I have to hit/tilt/shake/whatever it a few times to make the damn fucking noise of hell go away.

Visa signatur

Skrivet med hjälp av Better SweClockers

Permalänk
Medlem

Seems like there is a batch of bad pumps out there according to a RMA-answer to a user on another forum.
So its seems like its "gris i säcken" with a new unit, since the replacement unit was even worse than my first.

Keeping it quiet using fan speed? Then its not the same issue, the pump runs at a constant speed, and the fans included does sound alot.

So I guess Ill have to choose a new unit as replacement but not a Corsair cooler since its a bit of a gamble at the moment =/

Visa signatur

🎮 - AMD RYZEN THREADRIPPER 2970WX • 64GB DDR4 3200MHz • RTX 2070 SUPER • Seasonic Core GM 650 650W PSU

Permalänk
Corsair

Hi, can you get me the LOT code from the label (or a photo of the label) and I'll check if there's a known issue. Also, where did you buy it from?

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

Can see what I can do when I remove my current unit thats getting replaced, no box left and the last unit went to the bin as ordered from the company where bought from. (Dustin Home
)
But what I can read on the corsair forums is that there is alot of H80s and H100s with the same issues, so seems like a batch of bad pumps.

But ill get back with a number if there is one I can find.

Visa signatur

Permalänk
Medlem

Just thought I'll toss in my two cents:

My H80 pump also sounds like a harddrive working at full speed.
It's obviously still working because it still cool's the CPU, but I'm slightly worried that it will suddenly break and I'll find myself with a burned CPU. Currenlty it's mostly the noiselevel from the pump I'm annoyed about though.

Visa signatur

CPU: i9-13900K + Cooler Master ML360L ARGB V2 || GPU: Gainward RTX 4090 Phantom GS.
MoBo: Asus Rog Strix Z790-F Gaming || RAM 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast CL40 DDR5 RGB 5600 MHz.
PSU: Corsair RMe 1000W 80+ Gold || Chassi: Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB.
Lagring: Kingston Fury Renegade M.2 NVME 2TB + Samsung 860 QVO 1TB.
Skärmar: 27" 1440p 144 Hz IPS G-sync + 27" 1440p 155 Hz VA || OS: Win 11 Home.

Permalänk
Corsair

If you're worried then take it back to the reseller and get it changed. It's likely just air, so perhaps try gently rocking and tilting the system to try to dislodge it.

You could also try holding down the profile selector button to reset the pump unit too.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Medlem

I have the same noise problem on my new H80, I'm currently on my second unit, and both of them sounds like old bad hdd's.
I must say that after doing a lot of searching and reading on different forum's that it's a mystery to me how these can still be sold with bad pumps. The problem seems to date back to at least last august, so that's 9 months after the first reports of the issue.
Like i read somewhere else, it's starting to feel like Corsair is aware of the problem, but not doing enough to address it, and just sending these units out and hoping for the best. I'm gonna call my reseller tomorrow Monday and get a new one to see if it still persists, but I'm not feeling hopeful. The first they told to just throw it away since they don't even want it back to confirm the issue, that's says a lot to me about how many they had returned before.

Permalänk
Inaktiv

I just got my (first) H80 and it sounds just like you described it, like an old hdd which is loading constantly. Did you get a new one? Did it work?

Skrivet av pellegj:

I have the same noise problem on my new H80, I'm currently on my second unit, and both of them sounds like old bad hdd's.
I must say that after doing a lot of searching and reading on different forum's that it's a mystery to me how these can still be sold with bad pumps. The problem seems to date back to at least last august, so that's 9 months after the first reports of the issue.
Like i read somewhere else, it's starting to feel like Corsair is aware of the problem, but not doing enough to address it, and just sending these units out and hoping for the best. I'm gonna call my reseller tomorrow Monday and get a new one to see if it still persists, but I'm not feeling hopeful. The first they told to just throw it away since they don't even want it back to confirm the issue, that's says a lot to me about how many they had returned before.

Permalänk
Medlem

Just letting you know that Im having the same problem. From time to time theres this awfull noise comming out of it but its always fixed and working correctly by leaning the computer to its left side. I guess it makes the airbubbles go away so times when I couldnt stand the noise I've just piled up stuff underneath my computer making it lean.
PS. This is my second H80, did file a RMA without any improvements on the new one.

Permalänk
Skrivet av ODDNAME:

Wondering if there is some quality issues with the pumps on the H80s.
First unit started sounding like a HDD loading and dying, so I got a replacement.

This one sounded like it was dying from the start and it wont go away.
And not enough there, the fan-controller in the unit just want to make 1 fan spin now, other fan just spins up and down and then dies.

So if I get another replacement from where I got them, will it be the same once again or nog or can you confirm that the H80 has some issues?

Corsair seems to be aware of the problem and will hopefully come up with a fix this or next week according to this (long) discussion:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1236923/corsair-h100-h80-h60-noise...

My advice is to RMA it after the problem has been solved and hopfully get a working cooler after that.

Permalänk
Inaktiv

I RMAd my unit to the retailer (Inet) and today I went to their store and they did a quick test of the cooler and then gave me a new without any hassle. They seemed to be aware of the problems aswell. The service was a good as their reputation.

I got a new one, which was from another batch, and it is working fine so far.