Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Re(de)fine (Air 240) by MetallicAcid

[CENTER]Re(de)fine Air 240

Sponsored by

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my latest project which I have named Re(de)fine.

This project is using the Corsair Carbide Air 240 which I will transform into a stylish and sleek performing machine, which will look to belong in the cockpit of a Maclaren Spider supercar.

This project should be nice and short as I am aiming to have it completed before DreamHack Winter 2014 in Jönköping - Sweden, which is on between the 27-30 November. For those of you who have not heard of Dreamhack, it is only the world's largest LAN party!

The mods that I will be performing

Fill in all front USB/power/reset holes at the front with plastic filler
Install a single monetary switch in the middle of this newly covered section
Repaint entire case white, inside and out.
File/sand away all of the plastic bars which cover the areas where the fans draw in fresh air
Cover these bare areas with a round style mesh
Paint components white to match the newly painted white interior
Have a single GPU solution where the GPU sits on a 45° angle making the front face visible through window
Install a custom water cooled loop
Install custom leather dressed panels

Concepts

Components
TBA

Thank you for joining me once again on another project, and as always, see you at the next update!

Kind regards,
Justin "MetallicAcid" Ohlsen
[/CENTER]

Permalänk
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

The Tour

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

Looks really good so far!

Visa signatur

Processor: R5 2600 Moderkort: X470-F Gaming Grafikkort: Nvidia 3080 FE Ram: Trident Z Neo 16gb Nätaggregat: CM 850V Chassi: FD Meshify C Lagring: Corsair MP510 1TB, Crucial MX300 750gb

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Trizones:

Looks really good so far!

It is already a nice little case, but it looks so much better now that I have painted the inside white...

Thanks for joining the party

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Hey guys and girls!

Some awesome progress so far with an official update coming soon!

So far I have painted the entire inside of the case white, filled in all holes on the front panel, and painted that. Painted the PSU and PSU fan.

I am midway through painting the fans, and clear coating the PSU.

I have also ordered the leather which is on it's way to me, and started designing one of the dress panels at the back of the case.

As I said photos coming soon, and I will combine all painting and clear floating into one fat update

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

[CENTER]Sponsored by

Hey everyone!

I have a nice little update for you. I have been hard at work painting and clear coating these last few days, but have not had so much time to get so many photos. I am doing all of this at my workplace before/after work and during lunch breaks and whenever I get a free minute to spare.

In this update I show that I painted the inside of the case from black to white... And oh my does it look mighty fine!

I am in the process of painting the fans and top/bottom panels, and clear coating the painted PSU and redone front panel. I will have photos of those after the weekend for your viewing pleasure.

I hope you have liked this update

Kind regards,
[/CENTER]

Permalänk
Medlem

Seems like a really cool project, I'll be following this

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av AndraBullar:

Seems like a really cool project, I'll be following this

Thank you, and welcome!

/J

Permalänk
Frida 🥐

A new project! Yay, cant wait to see this! See you at Dreamhack! Going to take Chimaera with me @ Intels place

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Zoyadog:

A new project! Yay, cant wait to see this! See you at Dreamhack! Going to take Chimaera with me @ Intels place

Awesome! I will be there just Thursday and Friday though as I have to be back home for the weekend. The PC (IF completed before DH) will remain in Corsairs booth the entire event.

Hopefully see you there!

/J

Permalänk

Looking forward to see the finished product, got the same case myself and i really like it.

Visa signatur

[Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro, Ryzen 5700X, G.skill Trident 3600, AMD 6600XT]

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av ante_ante:

Looking forward to see the finished product, got the same case myself and i really like it.

Hey Ante! Awesome that you are here checking out my latest project I am impressed with the design and layout but hope to improve on it!

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

looks great so far:)

Visa signatur

i5-12600KF | Noctua NH-D15S Chromax Black | MSI MAG B660M | 64 GB G.Skill Trident Z | 3 * WD Black SN750 | Asus TUF OC RTX 3080 | Fractal Design Torrent | Corsair RM750W | Samsung Odyssey G9 49" |

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av PierreB:

looks great so far:)

Cheers mate! I am happy with the progress I have made so far

/J

Permalänk

What kind of paint do u use?

Permalänk

It can only get better Will follow

Visa signatur

HAF 912 – i7 2600k(Stock) – 8GB RAM – GTX 760 2GB – 128GB SSD/1TB HD
Asus Zenbook UX305FA – 3200 x 1800 <3
Dell U2515H – DT250 – Logitech G400 – QPAD MK50 – Roccat Sense – Blue Snowball Ice
D40X – iPhone 5S

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av StuntmanMike:

What kind of paint do u use?

Multona car paint bought from Mekenomen

Skrivet av profbergvall:

It can only get better Will follow

Thank you for following sir! See you at the next update

/J

Permalänk
Inaktivt företagskonto
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av CorsairSWE:

Bygget ser riktigt bra ut Justin! Ser fram emot resultatet.

Thank you CorsairSWE. The project is almost complete, and I will start rolling out updates as of today!

Kind regards,
Justin

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.3

Hey guys!

Progress on this project has been steaming along at 12000m/s (in my opinion anyways ) and the project is almost complete. I am going to play some catch up with the updates now, and they should be coming in every couple of days whenever I get some free time to sit down and type

So, I thought it would be a cool idea to dress the inside of the case with leather I was inspired by the Maclaren Spider, with it's sleek looks and awesome white/black/tan coloured leather details. So I went ahead and ordered the leather!

Once the leather came in, my daughter thought it was an awesome idea to run around on the leather when it was fully laid out in the kitchen. I had noticed that during delivery, the company that sent it had folded the leather so that it would fit into the box, thus leaving fold creases all of it! Seriously, what do people think sometimes??

I hope you guys liked this taste portion of the awesomeness that is about to come. See you all at the next update!

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

Damn fine car!

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av DDemis:

Damn fine car!

Wish it was mine tho...

/J

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

Sponsored by

Update No.4
Backplate Construction
in Installation

Hello again and welcome to another of my crazy updates, using this fine little case called the Carbide Air 240 from Corsair.

Well, Once I got the leather in, I started experimenting with how I would use it in this project. I had the idea of creating some vanity plates in various places of the case to make it feel cozy, like the inside of the Maclaren Spider's cockpit. First I started off with making a cable cover for the backside.

To attach these two plates together, I made a plate which screws into both the top and bottom plates which features my logo. I cut the logo from vinyl using scissors ( as I do not have one of those fancy plotters... Maybe you guys can crowdfund me one? ) and stuck it on. Then I painted the plate and logo which gave this awesome embossed look which is only visible from certain angles.

Once everything was cut, glued and fitted, I went ahead and installed it into the case. Here you can also see the painted PSU. more pictures of that coming soon

There are some small wrinkles in the leather that I cannot get out, but I do not mind. It gives the case a "worn in" feel.

That is it for me with this update. Please let me know what you think so far, and if you want any more details, you need but just ask

Kind regards,

Permalänk
Medlem

Looks great with that leather. Is it real leather or is it protein leather(aka pleather)? Cause real leather is really strong and you can actually iron it if you use a piece of fabric inbetween.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Arazand:

Looks great with that leather. Is it real leather or is it protein leather(aka pleather)? Cause real leather is really strong and you can actually iron it if you use a piece of fabric inbetween.

Thank you mate It is a fake leather, so it will not stand up to an iron I am not too worried about it though, and it can only be seen with strong light shining on it

/J

Permalänk
Medlem

Haha, awesome! Really cool with a leather touch! Will be fun to see the end result! I've seen all of your mods, and they are really great! I love the stylish and sleek designs you make, keep the great work up!

Visa signatur

[Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro Ax] [AMD Ryzen 5600X] [Noctua NH-L12S Ghost S1 Ed] [Asus GTX 1080 STRIX 8 GB] [32GB HyperX Fury RGB 3600 MHz] [2x WD Black SN750 1 TB NVME] [Corsair SF750] [Loque Ghost S1 MK3] [Synology DS212 2x2 TB NAS] [2x Mackie HR624] [Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM 27" IPS] [TOFU 65% ALU, Zealios V2] [Logitech G502] [Qpad QH-90]

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av MetallicAcid:

Thank you mate It is a fake leather, so it will not stand up to an iron I am not too worried about it though, and it can only be seen with strong light shining on it

/J

I see. Can totally understand why you picked pleather. To get rid of the creases and wrinkles you can hang the piece over a steaming hot bath and let the steam open the pours and remove the imperfections. Steam is a normal tool leather workers use to remove wrinkles when folding the leather etc, I know it works on fake leather as well, I used it for applying it to the front of a pair of speakers. But you seem like you are way beyond prep work.

Anyway, love this idea. I might borrow it, if I can incorporate it into a Deus Ex theme.

Visa signatur
Permalänk
Inaktivt företagskonto
Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av bluppblupp:

Haha, awesome! Really cool with a leather touch! Will be fun to see the end result! I've seen all of your mods, and they are really great! I love the stylish and sleek designs you make, keep the great work up!

Thank you for following all of my work blupp! I take pride in what I do, and it is warming to know that there are fans like yourself that appreciate what I create

Skrivet av Arazand:

I see. Can totally understand why you picked pleather. To get rid of the creases and wrinkles you can hang the piece over a steaming hot bath and let the steam open the pours and remove the imperfections. Steam is a normal tool leather workers use to remove wrinkles when folding the leather etc, I know it works on fake leather as well, I used it for applying it to the front of a pair of speakers. But you seem like you are way beyond prep work.

Anyway, love this idea. I might borrow it, if I can incorporate it into a Deus Ex theme.

Thank you sir! Deus Ex wakes alot of fond childhood memories.. You must link me your project!

It is a little late for prep work, but IF it really bugs me I can always just replace the leather on that panel

Skrivet av Corsair Johan:

Nu överraskar du mig allt Justin! Sjukt fränt.

Awesome, thank you Corsair Johan! More surprises are coming very soon!

Kind regards,
Justin