Permalänk
Proffsmoddare

BF2042 PC by MetallicAcid

The Battlefield games have been my most played and favourite games of all time. I didn't care so much for the last iterations in the franchise, but I had clocked in around 1000 hours each into BFBC2, BF3 and BF4 respectively.

When BF2042 was announced, I was ecstatic! Immediately I made plans to build myself a new PC which would be ready in time for the beta. Fortunately, during the building process, the project picked up a lot of attention by various partners. I was able to tie in some sponsorships, and even a video feature on Nvidia Garage!

Since the game has been released, I have been enjoying the game alongside my friends. The launch was buggy, and annoying choices like removing "legacy features" such as the SCOREBOARD and introducing disgusting bullet bloom (something not even the beta had). Regardless of all its flaws, playing the main game and Portal has been a blast, and from this point on, it can only get better!

Anyways! The PC itself is rocking some of the best specs that were available when the project was being planned. Z690 was released just after this PC was completed, so upgrading the motherboard, CPU and RAM was not counted in the budget. The current specs have been enough to play comfortably at 1440p with high/settings between 100/165 FPS. That said, some maps dip as low as 70 FPS, so game is poorly optimised for high-end hardware unfortunately.

The chassis itself is the Spectre 3 made by Singularity Computers. Fellow Australian and owner of Singularity Computers heard through the grapevine that I was planning a project with BF2042 as the theme. We had wanted to work on a project together for some time, and the stars finally aligned when we both though that his chassis would be the perfect fit for this project. The chassis was one of the first in the world to feature the new power distribution panel in the place of having long cables that run behind the motherboard. I love the look, and it makes the chassis belong to the future, just like the tech featured in BF2042.

The entire chassis was painted in greenish tones, and weathered with silver paint on all edges to replicate wear and tear. I had Daniel from Singularity to laser-etch the Battlefield logo onto the acrylic panel that covers the cable routing channel. I had a photo printed of the BF poster, but without the logo. This photo is installed behind the acrylic panel, and side-lit by RGB strips. I made all custom cables for the entire PSU, power manifold, fans and front I/O. Custom aluminium panels where made to cover the 24pin cable from the motherboard, and custom aluminium panel made for the Dominator Platinums. The raw aluminium panels match the Glacial motherboard perfectly.

I have made a video for Nvidia Garage which you can check out: https://youtu.be/5v_0JfCIkY4

Please enjoy the gallery, and thanks for taking the time to check it out!

Specifications:
- Core i9 11900k
- Z590 ROG Maximus Extreme Glacial
- ROG Thor 1200w
- Seagate 530 M.2 1TB SSD
- Corsair Dominator Platinum Special Edition 32GB 3200mhz
- Singularity Computers Spectre 3 with Elite manifold and Power Distro
- ROG Strix 3090
- EKWB water cooling

Besök galleriet här

Permalänk
Medlem

jäklight fresh bygge! bra jobbat

Permalänk
Medlem

Amazing justin, love the BF2042 theme!

Permalänk
Medlem

It always puts a smile on my face when I see that you have created a new album. You never disappoint and you always seem to be developing your own skills. Thank you so much for sharing this masterpiece! As always great planning, execution and attention to details.

I share the same love as you do for the BF franchise.

10/5 as always!

Regards
Tobias

Visa signatur

| bequiet! Dark Base 900 | Corsair HX1000i Platinum | MSI Z370-GAMING M5 | i7 8086k @ 5000mhz | Custom EK-loop (GPU & CPU) | Corsair Veng. 32GB @ 3200mhz | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 500GB | Zotac RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Asus PG348Q @ 100hz |
http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/13-konsumentratt/562661-grat...

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av ts1337:

jäklight fresh bygge! bra jobbat

Skrivet av shogou:

Amazing justin, love the BF2042 theme!

Skrivet av =):

It always puts a smile on my face when I see that you have created a new album. You never disappoint and you always seem to be developing your own skills. Thank you so much for sharing this masterpiece! As always great planning, execution and attention to details.

I share the same love as you do for the BF franchise.

10/5 as always!

Regards
Tobias

Thank you all so much for taking the time to rate and drop a comment!! <3 It is amazing to know that my art is appreciated by you guys!!

Permalänk
Benchmaskin 🍞

Those are some massive disto plates! Nice job man! Looks awesome

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av Kenneth:

Those are some massive disto plates! Nice job man! Looks awesome

They are really lovely! I cannot wait until I make my own with my CNC. Unfortunately I cannot take credit for the ones that are featured in this project though

Permalänk
Medlem

Sic! Great job!

Visa signatur

Sugen på att spela lite äldre spel? Glid in på www.braindrainlan.nu och kolla när vi skall ha nästa LAN eller gå med vår Discord för att spela online https://www.braindrainlan.com/

Permalänk
Samsung Sverige

Too quote my favorite F1 Driver - Simply lovely!

//Pontus

Visa signatur

» Betalt samarbete och medlemmarnas länk till Samsung Sverige (företräder inte bolaget Samsung)
» Bidrar med kunskap och expertis inom Samsungs telefoner, plattor och wearables
» Behöver du hjälp? Pinga mig genom att skriva @samsung

Permalänk
Medlem

A cutout on the shroud so you could see the display on the PSU would have been a nice addition.

Permalänk
Medlem

Är det medföljande nätlagg och kritiska buggar så som att hela vattenkylningssystemet exploderar 2 ggr om dagen och kortsluter hela datorn oxå? för att klona den så detaljrikt som det bara går...

Permalänk
Medlem

I like how the water blocks are the case! Amazing look to say the least. Really impressive

Permalänk
Avstängd

Does the PC disappear when you leave it and there's no one else around it?

Visa signatur

"Företagsboendeförmedlare" | Min Überkill Dator: Processor: Intel Pentium P5 66 Mhz OC | Moderkort: ASRock P4I65G | Minnen: 2st Samsung 128MB PC133 | Grafikkort: Canopus GeForce 256 DDR | Lagring: IBM 350 4,4 MB | Operativsystem: DOS/360 | Chassi: Mercury Full-Tower ATX Chassis |

Permalänk
Medlem

Nice work, best so far this year 😀

Permalänk
Medlem

snyggt bygge men spelet är värdelöst.

Permalänk
Medlem
Skrivet av dakke:

Ironiskt att mer passion gått till detta bygge från ett fan än utvecklarna lagt på själva spelet,

Permalänk
Medlem

Nej usch… Inte alls min grej, men 10/10 för arbetet som lagts på det.

Metallicacid brukar annars göra väldigt smakfulla grejjer.

Visa signatur

Min musik: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZKidNeIKsz8LZMO3VRcBdQ

Ryzen 3900x. Skärm: AOC cu34g2x/bk 144hz 34" ultrawide. RTX 2080ti

Laptop: MSI GT80 Titan Sli

Permalänk
Medlem

Väldigt tufft och stiligt!!! 10/10

Visa signatur

Ryzen 5 3600, MSI X470 Gaming plus max, 16GB Ram, MSI RTX 3070 ventus x3 OC.

Permalänk
Medlem

Så sjukt jäkla snyggt bygge. Imponerad minst sagt.

Visa signatur

Magnus AMD

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av anemic:

Sic! Great job!

Skrivet av Samsung:

Too quote my favorite F1 Driver - Simply lovely!

//Pontus

Skrivet av employed:

A cutout on the shroud so you could see the display on the PSU would have been a nice addition.

Skrivet av Jagers:

Är det medföljande nätlagg och kritiska buggar så som att hela vattenkylningssystemet exploderar 2 ggr om dagen och kortsluter hela datorn oxå? för att klona den så detaljrikt som det bara går...

Skrivet av medbor:

I like how the water blocks are the case! Amazing look to say the least. Really impressive

Skrivet av AplAy:

Does the PC disappear when you leave it and there's no one else around it?

Skrivet av Fantomen:

Nice work, best so far this year 😀

Skrivet av dakke:

Skrivet av Ryssfemma:

Ironiskt att mer passion gått till detta bygge från ett fan än utvecklarna lagt på själva spelet,

Skrivet av serverfel:

Nej usch… Inte alls min grej, men 10/10 för arbetet som lagts på det.

Metallicacid brukar annars göra väldigt smakfulla grejjer.

Massive thank you to all of you who have taken the time to comment and rate.

I know the game was a flop, but when I built this PC even before the beta, we had very high hopes for this title...

With that said, even with all of the games flaws, I still find it charming, and hope that it will be supported and improve in the near future.

Permalänk
Medlem

Jävlar vad fränt. Bra Jobbat. 😃

Visa signatur

Asus cx55 Vibe Chromebook
MacBook Air M1 16gb/256gb
Komplett Khameleon i7 9750h gtx1660ti
Project Lian Li PC-X900 Enermax Edition
Project Fractal Design Arc Mini

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av EW200:

Jävlar vad fränt. Bra Jobbat. 😃

Cheers man!

Permalänk
Medlem

Riktigt jävla snyggt arbete. 10/10 tummar upp.

Permalänk
Proffsmoddare
Skrivet av SLINKY95:

Riktigt jävla snyggt arbete. 10/10 tummar upp.

Thanks man! It sucks that the game isn't any good though, haha!